Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He was very good tonight, played some lovely passes. I would play him vs Spurs.

Can't believe how many fans are forgetting how well he played all last season. He is getting back to that form now.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Game was tonight. You watched it?
It's like fans suffer amnesia before each game. Really good in that second half, will be forgotten the next time he plays.

Ashley R1+O

I thought he was excellent, much is coming to realization that all of these guys work best in a three. He worked well in between Scott Mc Tee and Carrick. He needs to develop that momentum with Pogba and Matic to return to the team in the big games. He loves it though, can't fault his industry.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Like Mata he needs to be upgraded on. Both are fine for substitute roles, but that is also it.

Nickosaur

Can't shoot for shit outside the box, very dangerous inside it.

Overall performance - I always feel a little underwhelmed. I feel he can do so much better.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He always starts a little slow when not playing for a while, especially with Carrick who hasn't played in ages and should really retire and McTominay who was maybe confident but careless and lost the ball so many times. Second half was different, back to his best.

Some nice interception and footwork and with a goal he just started, released Lingard with a great pass who missed and played a role in the Lukaku's goal too. Sometimes I feel that he's criticized for the sake of it and people are not watching him play properly. If we get him to his top form, he's certainly at least on level with Matic and gives us midfield more dynamism but Mourinho likes his giants.

Chuffed for Ander for getting on a scoresheet in a nice fashion

Reactions: Invictus

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I love Hererra's over the top celebrations; he could enjoy watching paint dry. He's improving as the season goes on, will be very important in the latter stages of the season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I love Hererra's over the top celebrations; he could enjoy watching paint dry. He's improving as the season goes on, will be very important in the latter stages of the season.
The difference is he’s now being used in his natural role. When he was getting games earlier in the season it was in replace of Pogba, and lo’ and behold he struggles to play that creative role. Play him as a ball winning midfielder and improves significantly. His passing even becomes much better when he isn’t expected to be the creative force in midfield.

Acole9

Outstanding
He loves scoring at Huish Park doesn't he? Nowhere near the level of the goal three years ago but it did pretty much kill the tie.

POF

Both he and Mata will play better with Sanchez in the side. Both enjoy playing with technical players. There were some really good signs of link up play around the edge of the area with all 3.

haram

I dont know why but his celebration made me laugh :lol:. Good game from him.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I still think he's quality, just having a real bad season in and out of the side. Hope he turns it around.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought he was invisible in the first half, it very good in the second. Undecided as to whether I’d play him in the middle against Spurs. I’m guessing MLS will play up top, and there’s a good chance Jose would then put Jessi in the middle 3. It is Wembley after all!

OsloRed

His form has picked up recently. His interceptions are back, and I love it. It creates chances for us more often than not due to them often happening in the oppositions half.

Also, I hope that the fact that he scored yesterday might mean that he wont blast it over from range at least three times every match he plays. Starting to get on my nerves a bit.

OldTrevil

Players must take chances, I'd rather someone positive that hits them every now and then than not. A slight tick in confidence could see a couple of his long range efforts go in, as his passing and movement greatly improves.

Water Melon

The difference is he’s now being used in his natural role. When he was getting games earlier in the season it was in replace of Pogba, and lo’ and behold he struggles to play that creative role. Play him as a ball winning midfielder and improves significantly. His passing even becomes much better when he isn’t expected to be the creative force in midfield.
This ^. That was a brilliant pass by him yesterday. Play him in his natural position and he will do a very good job. Long it may continue.

NoPace

He was very good tonight, played some lovely passes. I would play him vs Spurs.

Can't believe how many fans are forgetting how well he played all last season. He is getting back to that form now.
Would be great. A Pogba-Herrera-Matic midfield has a lot of balance. Presumably Sanchez and in-form Lingard will start, so while it might seem harsh to bench Martial or Lukaku, truly excellent teams often have a devastating option off the bench to run at tired defenders which either of those guys would represent if not starting as the 9.

Seven Seas Sardines

Would be great. A Pogba-Herrera-Matic midfield has a lot of balance. Presumably Sanchez and in-form Lingard will start, so while it might seem harsh to bench Martial or Lukaku, truly excellent teams often have a devastating option off the bench to run at tired defenders which either of those guys would represent if not starting as the 9.
Martial has been our most important player this year and was given a rest at Yeovil, while Mourinho would never bench Lukaku in a game of this magnitude. It will be between Herrera, Lingard and wild card Carrick to fight for the last spot in the lineup.

suhaylah

For me, he should play against tottenham with Pogba and Matic. Martial on the left and Sanchez on the right of Lukaku

AgentP

This team should start

De Gea
Valencia Jones Smalling Young
Matic Pogba
Lingard Sanchez Martial
Lukaku​

criticalanalysis

One of or THE biggest game player in our team, on the bench AND behind Fellani as a 1st sub ffs.

Just why?

Tosicsleftpeg

One of or THE biggest game player in our team, on the bench AND behind Fellani as a 1st sub ffs.

Just why?
Did you watch him when he was on? He was terrible tonight!

Herrera is a someone who really has lost his way this season. He was great against yeovil but apart from that he's out in some appalling performances. Tonight he misplaced 3 passes which were not intercepted but he actually failed to accurately pass the ball 10 yards to another player, including one incident when he passed it straight off the pitch!

He's clearly a good player but has been terrible this season and I think mourinho has an issue with him.

Devil may care

Just why?
Mourinho is nauseatingly obssessed with Fellaini, it's like his relationship with Materazzi at Inter, this was a game being played at a frenetic tempo and he brought on an immobile player over our most energetic CM.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Has a big chance to salvage his season after the collective shit show today. Jose will play him or Carrick in a three against any half decent team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has a big chance to salvage his season after the collective shit show today. Jose will play him or Carrick in a three against any half decent team.
Hopefully both next week, matic has been well off the pace so needs an extended rest. Play both Herrera and Carrick next to pogba

Acole9

Outstanding
Can we have the Herrera from last season back now? This one is bobbins.

Status
Not open for further replies.