Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion

If anything, it might just give us some insight as to how much Fergie was given free reign at the club while he was here. Fergie would have never let it comes to this, particularly when the club's reputation was under stake.

Sadly I don't think that's true, look at what happened to Ljajic for example. It's just the way modern football is, self serving and without scruples.

Ekeke

I cant see a scenario where we'll go back in for him in Jan. If he was all of a sudden amazing for half a season and looked like he was worth paying his buyout then I expect cash rich clubs to jump in front of us in the queue. If he doesnt do that, we wont pay the clause like we didnt this time

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I feel sorry for the guy. He was even ready to take a pay cut to come to us. It does add insult to injury the fact that we spent 27m on the big guy with limited passing ability

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I cant see a scenario where we'll go back in for him in Jan. If he was all of a sudden amazing for half a season and looked like he was worth paying his buyout then I expect cash rich clubs to jump in front of us in the queue. If he doesnt do that, we wont pay the clause like we didnt this time
Say there is an interest again from the club, would the player still want to come after everything that's happened ?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thank God I was tired and went to sleep, it would have been horrible to witness it all. We have people with little experience dealing with transfers
I don't get how money suddenly became an issue last minute ?

I don't also don't buy the I posters angle for a second. Were just looking for excuses

Bestie07

Say there is an interest again from the club, would the player still want to come after everything that's happened ?
Unless Barcelona come in for him, which is likely, there are not many better clubs he can pick from. He may be pissed at us, or he may be pissed at Athletic for not dropping their demands, the truth is we don't know right now. If we make a concerted push for him in January, we'll land him.

kouroux

Unless Barcelona come in for him, which is likely, there are not many better clubs he can pick from. He may be pissed at us, or he may be pissed at Athletic for not dropping their demands, the truth is we don't know right now. If we make a concerted push for him in January, we'll land him.
From the information we have and yes I realize we do not have the full picture, I think he'd more or less tell Utd to feck off. I'm exaggerating on purpose there but surely he has to be pissed off no ?
I don't get how money suddenly became an issue last minute ?

I don't also don't buy the I posters angle for a second. Were just looking for excuses
It's because people who are made of a mixture of greed and stupidity handling the transfers.

Bestie07

From the information we have and yes I realize we do not have the full picture, I think he'd more or less tell Utd to feck off. I'm exaggerating on purpose there but surely he has to be pissed off no ?
He'll be pissed off alright. But as much as we have previous of dithering in paying for the players, Bilbao have previous on not allowing the players to leave easily. He has to be pissed off, probably more at us because we should have known who we were dealing with, but also at Bilbao. I'm just hoping that the next 4 months of his career are not a right off, because Bilbao are the type who can do that.

kouroux

He'll be pissed off alright. But as much as we have previous of dithering in paying for the players, Bilbao have previous on not allowing the players to leave easily. He has to be pissed off, probably more at us because we should have known who we were dealing with, but also at Bilbao. I'm just hoping that the next 4 months of his career are not a right off, because Bilbao are the type who can do that.
We should have but then again we are represented by fecking newbies.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I think of the extra few millions paying over Fellaini's release clause is somewhat an option premium to look at all other options before the window shuts (Cesc, Modric, De Rossi, some Bayern rejects, who the feck knows?). And had we been able to sign any of them, it would probably be worth it, instead of paying 23 million for Fellaini AND being stuck with him for the next 3-4 years on good wage. As it turns out, we couldn't do shit with all our fecking stupid lowball bids, meaning we'll pay the extra 4-5 million for our Plan B. All a good day at work.

If that's the case then whoever chose to take the 4 million pound hit so they could continue fruitlessly lowballing clubs for another few weeks needs firing.

Arguably dicking around with the Fellaini transfer cost us getting this kid.

MDFC Manager

I feel sorry for the guy. He was even ready to take a pay cut to come to us. It does add insult to injury the fact that we spent 27m on the big guy with limited passing ability

No he wasn't. But I guess making stuff up is par for course today.

Devil may care

The only way I can see us getting him in January is if we have replaced Woodward with someone who knows what they are doing, and they can go in, apologize to him for our farcical actions and assure him the club still would very much value his services.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Poor kid...in all the brouhaha and farce, I hope Athletic have the sense to see that this is just a kid fecked over by a few idiots wearing snazzy suits.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Can someone explain to me just what the feck happened here? When I went to bed with a couple of hours left of the transfer window we very nearly literally had United representatives with bags of cash in the La Liga offices. This might just be the biggest transfer feck-up I've seen from this club. It's so bad I'm not sure I believe it. The information about how close we were can't have been accurate, surely? Please...

LR7

Feel bad for Ander.

I can't even comprehend the actions of the Club in all this. What a farce.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Poor kid...in all the brouhaha and farce, I hope Athletic have the sense to see that this is just a kid fecked over by a few idiots wearing snazzy suits.
What I gather from reading Athletic fans on various sites is they either consider him a mercenary or remind themselves he was never one of their own (Zaragoza youth product, born in Bilbao but his family not Basque, etc). I also see a lot of them very happy this will teach these mercenaries how the grass isn't always greener at bigger CL clubs, etc.

The few who have something positive to say limit themselves to "can't see him turning into a cnut/lazy trainer like Llorente" but you don't see anyone outright celebrating him staying. If that's a good representation of the average Athletic fan he won't get much love there.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So what happened then? We sent over people with no authority or some guys posed as Utd representatives and had a laugh? If the 2nd is true, why didn't Utd call someone from Bilbao and explain that it's not them?

amolbhatia50k

What I gather from reading Athletic fans on various sites is they either consider him a mercenary or remind themselves he was never one of their own (Zaragoza youth product, born in Bilbao but his family not Basque, etc). I also see a lot of them very happy this will teach these mercenaries how the grass isn't always greener at bigger CL clubs, etc.

The few who have something positive to say limit themselves to "can't see him turning into a cnut/lazy trainer like Llorente" but you don't see anyone outright celebrating him staying. If that's a good representation of the average Athletic fan he won't get much love there.
Well that looks a bit miserable for him then.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So what happened then? We sent over people with no authority or some guys posed as Utd representatives and had a laugh? If the 2nd is true, why didn't Utd call someone from Bilbao and explain that it's not them?
It seems to have been the case that Herrera had hired them to look into the tax stuff and how best to ease things in, yet the club didn't know about that and jumped on the impostor/underhand tactics by a rival PL club bandwagon. At least that's what seemed most likely by the end of the evening.

AlwaysRedwood

United look like amateurs in this mess.

The haggling over Herrera's buyout clause is ridiculous. They were never going to sell for less. And we should have known the fee would increase because of the VAT before agreeing to terms with Herrera.

Quite embarrassing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
We've completely hung him out to dry with their fans. Shameful.

kps88

We've completely hung him out to dry with their fans. Shameful.

Yep. He's got a shit load of angry Basques on his back.

Quite interested to hear his side of the story now. Hope he doesn't get too diplomatic!

iAm20Legend

I feel sorry for him, really. Basically screwed over his season. Not sure if he can get his head back straight to play football for the next few weeks.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So, we overspent on Fellaini by £4.5million, when we was available for £23million until 1st August, but we were unwilling to cough up an extra 4 or 5million for Herrera. Am I missing something? Have we just pissed £4.5million up the wall, when we could have come away from deadline day with two solid midfielders?

I'm not the type to get pissy about how much we pay for players. I really don't care if we have to pay inflated fees normally. You pay what it takes to get your man. But the overpayment seems to have a direct correlation between not wanting to pay the full amount for Herrera. Arse.

Real shame for Herrera. All the stuff about taking a paycut and everything, for once it was great to hear about a player so eager to join us. I hope we go back for him in January, though big January moves aren't really our style. Though neither is anything that happened this summer.

Ekeke

I'm sure its not impossible, but say we were interested and so were for example PSG and Dortmund. We could easily find ourselves 3rd in line due to how we've dealt with this so far

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Feel sorry for him, but happy that we chose to go for Fellaini. Got to go with what's best for the CLUB.

reelworld

By paying the release fee himself with money from United, Herrera would be liable to a tax bill in the region of £4.5 million in order to repay the tax relief which is granted to players representing clubs in the Basque region.
With Herrera being offered a five-year contract worth £3.4 million a year by United, the player is understood to have agreed to a reduced annual salary of £2.5
million, with the yearly £900,000 shortfall covering the tax liability generated by paying his own escape clause.
But after failing to negotiate a reduction in Herrera’s buy-out clause, United called the deal off just before 10pm.

What a fecking farce this is.
So let me get this straight. Ander Herrera is willing to reduce his salary demands so United can use the money to pay the tax relief, which resulted that United doesn't have to pay the exorbitant VAT. But all that effort was left in vain because United was penny pinching a few pounds?? Fecking idiots.
There's no way he'll signed for us. Not in January. Not ever.

Ekeke

So, we overspent on Fellaini by £4.5million, when we was available for £23million until 1st August, but we were unwilling to cough up an extra 4 or 5million for Herrera. Am I missing something? Have we just pissed £4.5million up the wall, when we could have come away from deadline day with two solid midfielders?

I'm not the type to get pissy about how much we pay for players. I really don't care if we have to pay inflated fees normally. You pay what it takes to get your man. But the overpayment seems to have a direct correlation between not wanting to pay the full amount for Herrera. Arse.
We only overspent on Fellaini by £4.5 million if we agreed he was worth £23 million. We clearly didnt at the time and nobody else did either. Not even a sniff. More like £7 million over the top.

The one upside is at least we werent the only ones overpaying for players, City did too

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Real shame for Herrera. All the stuff about taking a paycut and everything, for once it was great to hear about a player so eager to join us. I hope we go back for him in January, though big January moves aren't really our style. Though neither is anything that happened this summer.

Maybe its the case of 'I rather piss on the devil I know that someone I dont.'

amolbhatia50k

Jesus. Why were we so intent on them lowering the release clause so late in the day? Did we really expect that to happen? The kid even accepted a wage cut ffs. Shows how badly the wanted to play for us! What a shame.

Meanwhile, we have Wayne Rooney at old Trafford who has wanted out twice in 3 years.

Football, eh?

amolbhatia50k

What a fecking farce this is.
So let me get this straight. Ander Herrera is willing to reduce his salary demands so United can use the money to pay the tax relief, which resulted that United doesn't have to pay the exorbitant VAT. But all that effort was left in vain because United was penny pinching a few pounds?? Fecking idiots.
There's no way he'll signed for us. Not in January. Not ever.
Crazy isn't it? The player went to great lengths to make this happen and showed how badly he wanted to play for us but we were still interested saving a few million here and there. fecking hell.

Ash_G

Worst thing is he was over priced at 23m which is why no one else triggered the clause in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.