Ander Herrera - PSG player

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't mind him leaving, the contract offered to him will set up his great grandkids for life, nevermind him.
Joining a club like PSG doesn't sit right with me though.
If he was a clear mercenary then it would be fine, but he can't keep up his shtick of the club he plays for meaning so much to him, they're as plastic as they come.
I mean that quote about their away fans in the champions league is laughable.

Wal2Fra

So gutted about him leaving and even more gutted that it is to PSG! Hate the club and their fans are the French equivalent to the Scouse (but with league titles)

Hope it goes well for him though, seems like a top bloke and really worked hard everytime he was on the pitch in Red.

Is it to late to change the name of a 2 year old dog that was named after him??

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
His ability to butter up fans was always more impressive than his actual footballing performances.
A good speaker and says all the right things to seduce the fans. But he'll be warming the bench.
exactly! I don't really understand all the crying in here and on internet, not that he was that great, and he was "injured" at the end of sesson, but he surely knows how to sweet talk, "i love united, blah, blah, want to stay, blah, fantastic fans, blah", then leaves, fans crying, he is doing the same thing, sucking up to PSG fans, and maybe United fans will finally opet their eyes, like:
Why mention United? Find this very disrespectful to the fans to be honest, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
So easy to be liked by fans, couple of tackles, couple of angry finger pointy discussions with other team players, spit on a City badge at Etihad, and a wonderful sweet talk about the club, fans to press... Voila... Everybody loves me..
Goodbye, goodluck, wont be missed, not by me anyway.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Sucking up to the PSG fans already:lol:

The little politician:D

Long contract, lots of money, easy league, guaranteed league winner, he'll be just fine...

Edit: With all the above, no need for anyone to cry over him. I sincerely doubt he misses our club and fans.

Chairman Steve

I liked him as a player in general and having him around as part of the squad but there have been times he’s been excellent for us and there have been times he’s just been average and limited for us.

Therefore I’m not too fussed on losing him. No way should we be meeting the high wages he allegedly wanted. It’s not like hes a Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Busquets etc.

I feel we could do better in replacing him, by having someone more talented and it really wouldn’t cost that much to do that.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Don't really buy into his words, but I'm going to miss his leadership through example when on the pitch. I genuinely think he was better than Kante in that one season. Brave, proactive, extremely intelligent and game-aware, knew how to get into the opposition's head and loved a challenge. He'll get some proper attitude into that PSG dressing room and provide some good CL performances.

Anyone who thinks he's going there just for the money should reevaluate what United have become.

Hurts to watch warriors like him leave while JLingz stinks up the place.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Why mention United? Find this very disrespectful to the fans to be honest, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
FFS. :lol:

What did he even say in that clip? He literally just said he remembered how loud and passionate the PSG away fans were at Old Trafford.

You are unbelievably sensitive if that riles you up, especially after everything he's given United.

Hawks2008

Sorry Ander, we couldn't extend you because Jones Rojo Mata and Young earned it more :rolleyes:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Redcafe's 23rd favourite Man United player. You lot voted him above Gary Neville, Denis Law and Duncan Edwards.

You can't see but I'm walking around my flat, ringing a bell and saying "shame".

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
It is not the level who explains the salary package but the lack of transfer fees.

Redcafe's 23rd favourite Man United player. You lot voted him above Gary Neville, Denis Law and Duncan Edwards.

You can't see but I'm walking around my flat, ringing a bell and saying "shame".
Make the survey in 2021 and herrera won't make the top 100 contrary to the other players you mentioned.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sucking up to the PSG fans already:lol:

The little politician:D

Long contract, lots of money, easy league, guaranteed league winner, he'll be just fine...

Edit: With all the above, no need for anyone to cry over him. I sincerely doubt he misses our club and fans.
Don't forget, a winter break too

The hate and undermining of Herrera's abilities once he decides to not extend is actually pretty childish and kinda funny.
And oh so expected.

Yagami

Good post resistant

I didn't vote but you have to consider a lot on here never saw Law or Edwards. Some never saw Gary either, which makes me feel old!

w1thout

He's gonna warm their bench, isn't he ?
I guess Paredes and Verratti are ahead of him in the pecking order at b2b and cdm, and there's no way he's going to play AM ahead of Di Maria, Draxler and Sarabia.
Then there's this Nkunku guy who is supposed to be a young talent.

Nevertheless, a great squad player. One of my favourites. But definetley isn't worth the rumored money and a 5 year contract. Players like him who relies mostly on their fitness for pressing mostly, rather than technical abillity won't be the same when they hit 32-33 years of age.

RD94

exactly! I don't really understand all the crying in here and on internet, not that he was that great, and he was "injured" at the end of sesson, but he surely knows how to sweet talk, "i love united, blah, blah, want to stay, blah, fantastic fans, blah", then leaves, fans crying, he is doing the same thing, sucking up to PSG fans, and maybe United fans will finally opet their eyes, like:

So easy to be liked by fans, couple of tackles, couple of angry finger pointy discussions with other team players, spit on a City badge at Etihad, and a wonderful sweet talk about the club, fans to press... Voila... Everybody loves me..
Just an average player in our recent years of averageness.

23rd.Ridiculous

Fıstıkçı Şahap

I was underwhelmed when we signed him in Summer 2014 after years and years without a midfielder signing. He was the first one and the names like Kroos, Vidal etc. were thrown out but we ended up with him.

While it's not logical to lose a PL midfielder for free, he's nothing special at all. Also you have to laugh at PSG for giving him £350,000 a week on a 5 year contract really :lol: That's nearly Sanchez money and he isn't worth anywhere near that. That's hell a lot of money for a limited midfielder. He'll be 35 at the end of his contract ffs. I guess it's easier to throw that money without thinking much when you're backed by a state and don't have to worry about money so much.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Was over reaching a bit in his speech
“The dressing room is big, so plenty of room. I don’t know where I will sit yet”
BORING!

sugar_kane

I think they only signed him as a feck you retaliation for the quarter final, I don't even think he will get loads of minutes.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

See, no one is crying, it’s you and your kind that seem to be upset about his leaving. It’s genuinely baffling that with all the twats currently playing the game you take issue with someone who is a consummate professional, that decided to leave after getting fecked around by the club for 5 years and getting offered significantly more money and a chance for silverware elsewhere. Then, as usual, you need to exaggerate his weaknesses and play down some of the vital work he did for us. It’s worrying clear and statistically backed that without his tenacity and game intelligence in midfield we got regularly outplayed in his absence. The stats with and without him in the side are jarring. His defensive output in midfield was absolutely incredible, and if you look at the work he put in during the time he was on the pitch, I don’t think could you find another player in the PL that was markedly better than him in what he did. But nah, won’t be missed. :wenger:

Yagami

Good post resistant
There's not much herrera to see. He's good but far from top 25 united player. Unless you start watching united years ago
Oh, I agree, and he wouldn't be in mine, but he was a fan favourite for many United fans so I'm not too surprised. To each their own as they say.

Renegade

I think they’ll use him a fair bit and he’ll become more appreciated across Europe.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Backs up what I've read that his exit was never about money but more that we took too long offering him a contract. The info I've heard was that Mourinho didn't want him and it wasn't until Ole came in that we started serious negotiations but like Herrera says it was too late by that point

El Zoido

He always comes across as a top guy, and a solid professional. Some of our fans have been way over the top with the criticism of him since he decided to leave.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Backs up what I've read that his exit was never about money but more that we took too long offering him a contract. The info I've heard was that Mourinho didn't want him and it wasn't until Ole came in that we started serious negotiations but like Herrera says it was too late by that point
I always had a feeling that Jose was the fly in the ointment.

izec

Yep, between starting talks and make a serious offer/making feel someone wanted are two different things. We may have started talks with him a year or two ago, but i think it was more of keeping things open rather than finalising an offer. It was Ole that made things happen, but it was too late. As i said, you cant allow a player you want to keep to enter the past year of his contract without pushing for it. Once other clubs enter and push for him, he wants to feel wanted.

He would have accepted the contract offer 2 years ago if Ole was here. But explains also our lack of vision by Ed and the club, where the manager plans everything, which is outdated

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I like Herrera. He had a mixed time at United like pretty much everybody dir over the last 4-6 years in a dysfunctional football team but when he was in form and in favour, he was one of our better players. Hope he does well at PSG although I don't want that club to be successful.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I like Herrera. He had a mixed time at United like pretty much everybody dir over the last 4-6 years in a dysfunctional football team but when he was in form and in favour, he was one of our better players. Hope he does well at PSG although I don't want that club to be successful.
Funny how he has given high praise to LvG when people presumed he wouldn't have liked him. He was happy with the number of games he played under him. That he improved him as a player. Now Jose might be another matter as he is likely the reason he has now left. I want him to do well like you, don't think PSG can help but be successful. Still don't think they will win the CL.

We'll See Out There!

I'd bet that in 6 months time people who mention Ander Herrera will be meet with the response, who? And all this he got United shite! bollocks, Mark Noble carried him off the pitch at West Ham like a 3 year old child a few seasons back, watch it on youtube its embarrassing . Warrior, feckin hardly, he liked the United cash, thought he was worth more than he was couldn't get it so bye. Only famous because he once played for United.