Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Right now I suppose it's a question of "why not?" If Phil is out for Leverkusen, it's a question of Cleverley-Giggs or Cleverley-Ando, I suppose. The latter would be preferable, marginally. They've done well together before, albeit...yeah, albeit. But, yeah. Give 'em a run-out, I suppose. If Phil makes it back, however, they both should be benched: Phil and Giggs is our best bet at the moment.

gasmanc

Banned
Surely it's game over Ando, is he injured ? Does he still exist ? Either way it's the end of the road for him as far I am concerned, long been a fan of his obvious talent but fecking hell we need players on the pitch and when it's in your weakest position then we can ill afford to be carrying players that cant put a decent season in.

psychdelicblues

Schalke must be the worst side to reach a CL semi final in recent memory. The tie was virtually done and dusted when United won 2 nil in Germany, where Anderson was an unused sub and Fergie went with a Carrick/Giggs/Park midfield.

RooneyLegend

Time to give him his last chance to earn his stay here. Our midfielders aren't producing anything to keep anyone out of the team this long.

Amir

I wouldn't mind him playing at Leverkusen, anything we do will be a bet anyway. But it's curtains for him. Moyes has obviously made up his mind if he's barely getting a chance to play for a manager who clearly wanted to give everyone a chance.

Jacob

Haven't really got a decent run of games yet, that could be a deal-breaker for him. I see massive potential but low possibility of reaching it.

kundalini

It is obvious from his limited playing time that Moyes doesn't rate Anderson. It is also clear that our failings this season have almost nothing to do with him. His occasional performances this season were certainly no worse than we see from Cleverley 2/3 of the time and significantly better than the useless Fellaini.

Personally I'd have started the season with Carrick + Anderson and if that hadn't worked then gone Carrick + Cleverley. It is interesting that people seem to have forgotten that when we played Anderson + Cleverley we actually won those matches; sure the defence was left exposed but we also created tons of chances. Our current midfield appears incapable of creating anything. Neither Fellaini nor Cleverley seem to want to take any responsibility for starting moves. Even Carrick has been underwhelming in most matches under Moyes.

Ole240599

What the feck have we become? Some of you want Anderson, Evra and Hernandez to stay because they are good guys. For feck sake not one of them gets a start for any of the top 4 or the bin dippers. We are Manchester United we should be demanding better.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
What the feck have we become? Some of you want Anderson, Evra and Hernandez to stay because they are good guys. For feck sake not one of them gets a start for any of the top 4 or the bin dippers. We are Manchester United we should be demanding better.
So Hernandez amd Evra wouldn't start for any of the top 4 teams? Hernandez is better than anything Arsenal and Chelsea have and Evra is is still on of the best lbs in the league.

MoneyMay

At the moment, yes, but still too early to call it class or form. Also, you must take into account the small amount of playing time Hernandez gets. For Arsenal, I think he would be lethal.

I agree with you - Hernández would be lethal for most teams, but he's inconsistent in key areas. Overall, Giroud is a better player than Hernández. They share similar deficiencies such as inconsistent hold-up play/touch, but Giroud has improved a lot this year, though his passing is still shocking. On the contrary, his link up play is the best feature of his play at the moment. The way he destroyed Napoli and Norwich with intricate flicks sums up his season so far.

Rossa

I agree with you - Hernández would be lethal for most teams, but he's inconsistent in key areas. Overall, Giroud is a better player than Hernández. They share similar deficiencies such as inconsistent hold-up play/touch, but Giroud has improved a lot this year, though his passing is still shocking. On the contrary, his link up play is the best feature of his play at the moment. The way he destroyed Napoli and Norwich with intricate flicks sums up his season so far.

Agreed. He's impressed me this season. I think Hernandez' passing has improved quite a bit lately and is no longer his weakest attribute. He still struggles with his first touch and is quite poor at hold up play, as you said. I just wonder how much his overall game would improve by playing regularly. The problem is that RVP is much too good to be dropped and Hernandez is a level or two below him. Hernandez' pace would be very much welcomed in an Arsenal team that must be the slowest I can remember they've had (Walcott aside of course).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So Hernandez amd Evra wouldn't start for any of the top 4 teams? Hernandez is better than anything Arsenal and Chelsea have and Evra is is still on of the best lbs in the league.
Hernandez could start for spurs and might get a shot at Chelsea. He wouldn't for Liverpool, City or arsenal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep, but is he easily a better player in terms of class over say a three year period or so?
I wouldn't know to be honest, I didn't see giroud before arsenal and last season was his bedding in season. He looks very good these days, and if anything, his all round play looks hugely improved and that's one reason Hernandez would never start ahead of him. Hernandez is getting better at this, but for me, he's still not good enough as an all round footballer to start for a top team. Even if I was Chelsea, I'd rather hope etto can hit form because he's a complete player. Hernandez is still the perfect backup striker for me.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
You're having a laugh regarding Hernandez.

No comment on Evra as I haven't seen much of him at all this season. But there is no way known Hernandez would start at Arsenal (he's better than Bendtner though, but Bendtner's style suits us more too).

Ekeke

Giroud is the better all round player, Hernandez the better finisher. Giroud definitely suits Arsenal's current system better and is one of the big reasons the goals are spread around to the likes of Ramsey and even Wilshire now. While Hernandez has improved his buildup he isn't in the same league in terms of interchange of positions

soapythecat

I know the camera adds 10lbs.....but how chubby did he look tonight. Clearly not match fit (or fit!) and lacking confidence. Doesn't do himself any favours by being unprofessionally overweight.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been a bit unfairly treated IMO as when fit and on form is probably our second best midfielder. Certainly has much more to his game then any of our other midfielders, he's a good passer, can run with the ball, very good work rate. He's just incredibly injury prone and that makes him so inconsistent. Should get more opportunities then he does probably, I think this was his first appearance this season?

Nickosaur

I know the camera adds 10lbs.....but how chubby did he look tonight. Clearly not match fit (or fit!) and lacking confidence. Doesn't do himself any favours by being unprofessionally overweight.
He did well in the short time he was on the pitch I thought. Was actually quite impressed - got so excited when he surged forward and played that 1-2 with Nani, for a fat lad he's certainly got a hell of a burst. Won't change anything in the long run of course.

F-Red

Been a bit unfairly treated IMO as when fit and on form is probably our second best midfielder.

I can count the number of times on one hand when Anderson has either been fit or on form. I don't get why we keep waiting for players like this to actually step up and take the club seriously.

Shark

@NotShark
That miss. :lol:

I love the way he can carry the ball from midfield though, he can be a real force.

Sam

Been a bit unfairly treated IMO as when fit and on form is probably our second best midfielder. Certainly has much more to his game then any of our other midfielders, he's a good passer, can run with the ball, very good work rate. He's just incredibly injury prone and that makes him so inconsistent. Should get more opportunities then he does probably, I think this was his first appearance this season?
This post could easily have been from 4/5 years ago.

Just give it up lads. He's shit.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
His run forward was brilliant. His 'run' back was heartbreaking

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
That shot was pathetic. He was probably fecked by that stage because he'd run about 60 yards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can count the number of times on one hand when Anderson has either been fit or on form. I don't get why we keep waiting for players like this to actually step up and take the club seriously.
This post could easily have been from 4/5 years ago.

Just give it up lads. He's shit.
True he hasn't progressed that much, and he's not fit very often, but while he's here why not play him? He should probably move on for his own career, but it's not like we're blessed with other options. None of our other midfielders bad Carrick or Giggs have ever shown anything more then him really, even though he's injured 90% of the time. Posters always saying "He's shit:lol:" is unfair, but can be applied to Cleverley or Fellaini. We don't have anyone else either.

Ideally, we'd get rid of all 3 of them and get a whole new pack of midfielders but that isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.