Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Some refuse to, and still see these attributes in him. Bizarre.
The attributes are still there to be fair. He won't ever realize his potential, but him currently isn't any worse then Cleverley or Fellaini who are equally shit. The thing is, Anderson is still more talented then either of them so that's why I don't mind seeing him get chances.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't know if/when we'll see anything new from him. We know what he can do well, and what he still struggles with.

Can't hate the guy though. He's exciting to watch in action.

When he's good, he's good, when he's shit, he's a train wreck. To United fans, he's like an on and off relationship that you know is never going to work out in the long run though.

Kag

I really, really hope he stays in the Prem. If a club like Fulham or Newcastle can get hold of him, give him a consistent run of 20 games or so without injury, they'll be singing his praises. His stock is low, but with regular football at another club there will be a fair few football supporters leaving their stadiums impressed. Injuries have ruined his United career and he isn't good enough to merit a run of games here, but I'd like to see him prove himself in England elsewhere.

Robbie Boy

Can't see him staying in the PL, I would imagine that his next move will be abroad, maybe back to Brazil.

Sam

Better than Cleverley or Fellaini on a run of games? Out of those choices I know who I'd pick.
Considering both Fergie and now Moyes have consistently selected Cleverley over Anderson, I think that tells you all you need to know.

bosnian_red

Because he's unfit and crap.
Him being "unfit and crap" is still at the same level as Cleverley and our 30mil man Fellaini. The difference between them, is if Anderson ever got over his injuries and got fit then he'd be far better then either of them. He won't though, as it just seems like he needs a change of scene to get over the injuries, but that doesn't make him worse then our current shite we have here.

Considering both Fergie and now Moyes have consistently selected Cleverley over Anderson, I think that tells you all you need to know.

It's because Cleverley is homegrown and newer. If Anderson was homegrown and Cleverley was some brazilian, they would be treated probably the same. Cleverley is still at the club probably because he's come through our youth.

Sam

Him being "unfit and crap" is still at the same level as Cleverley and our 30mil man Fellaini. The difference between them, is if Anderson ever got over his injuries and got fit then he'd be far better then either of them. He won't though, as it just seems like he needs a change of scene to get over the injuries, but that doesn't make him worse then our current shite we have here.
But he's not, thats the thing. Cleverley established himself in the team near the start of last season, ahead of Anderson. Unless both Fergie and now Moyes just have an agenda against fat Ando? Seeing as both have prefered Cleverley.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Anderson had all the talent in the world. I have a spot for him so I don't see a big harm in keeping him. He can still do a job and clearly is good for squad morale. Not the best reason to keep a player but he's a decent squad player so combined with that, there's no reason to sell. Plus, I don't think we would get that much for him either.

RoadTrip

But he's not, thats the thing. Cleverley established himself in the team near the start of last season, ahead of Anderson. Unless both Fergie and now Moyes just have an agenda against fat Ando? Seeing as both have prefered Cleverley.
To be fair Anderson and Cleverley both did. They both were great together until they both picked up injuries. The problem is that with Anderson is it's happened too often, and he hasn't been the best at keeping his condition. It may just be too late for him now, but I hope not.

Sam

Anderson had all the talent in the world. I have a spot for him so I don't see a big harm in keeping him. He can still do a job and clearly is good for squad morale. Not the best reason to keep a player but he's a decent squad player so combined with that, there's no reason to sell. Plus, I don't think we would get that much for him either.
Why do people keep saying this? He's a terrible squad player.

Squad players are players you can rely on to fill in a few positions and contribute when needed. E.g O'Shea. Ando offers none of that in the slightest.

Mad Winger

I nearly pissed in pants when he burst through the field like Ronaldo, only to miss the target. I bet he shit his pants right before shooting, when he realized just how awesome that goal would have been:lol:

Sam

To be fair Anderson and Cleverley both did. They both were great together until they both picked up injuries. The problem is that with Anderson is it's happened too often, and he hasn't been the best at keeping his condition. It may just be too late for him now, but I hope not.
Last season for the majority, Carrick and Cleverley was our preferred centre mid choice.

bosnian_red

Near the start of last season actually Anderson had a great run in november-december where he forced himself into the starting line up after having plenty of very good cameos in September and October. He actually displaced Cleverley, and partnered Carrick, but then he got injured as always. I don't think Sir Alex rated either particularly highly because in the big games at the end of the season he used Jones next to Carrick. Says it all.

gamma1

I was naturally expecting a corner after he took that strike following the brilliant forward drive. It was very disappointing to find out later that the shot was directed nowhere near a position to properly test the keeper.

Ash_G

I think ando has more talent than clev but he's so much less consistent and fit and seems more
injury prone. Much like Hernandez and welbeck, if we could merge them we'd have a good player on our hands. He needs to go, probably permanently but maybe on loan, a smaller club will play him more an let him play himself in to fitness, we can't give him that luxury and he's probably like Rooney in that he puts on weight easily so needs to be playing to keep it off.

bosnian_red

Last season for the majority, Carrick and Cleverley was our preferred centre mid choice.
Anderson also had only 6 appearances less then cleverley last season, despite being injured for a lot longer then Cleverley was.

RoadTrip

Why do people keep saying this? He's a terrible squad player.

Squad players are players you can rely on to fill in a few positions and contribute when needed. E.g O'Shea. Ando offers none of that in the slightest.
Not entirely true though, is it? A squad players quality isn't just to do with versatility. It's to do with impact when called upon. In any case, it's still a valid point that Anderson isn't a great squad player given his lack of availability due to injury and bad games when not consistently playing. My argument for keeping him is more 1) He has the talent, who knows, one day? 2) He can still do a reasonable job for us in a time of crisis. 3) He doesn't earn a large sum, we wouldn't get much for him, so financially there isn't much to gain by selling and replacing him. Can appreciate a case to get rid of him too, but it's not as clear cut as say Young, who needs to go on more than footballing reasons.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
When Powell will return and Moyes decide to go after another midfielder like Barkley, it may get seriously crowded for Ando.

On the other hand, if he's okay with his current team role of quite sporadic use and injuries won't get to him again, he may stay here for another year... maybe even longer.

End of this season will give Moyes way better look on overall quality and depth in every formation. I like player's extremely friendly character but that may and probably will be not enough in perspective of building new team that is mostly required from new manager.

Young, Fabio, Fletcher, Ando... all of their future's uncertain in this club so far. Ultimately it's up to 'chosen one' but there's still some time for them to develop something positive this season. If not someone sooner or later will have to say goodbye.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said it many times, but I have seen nothing to say Cleverley is a better player. He did well in pre season, but hasn't been used so far. I think that our management over the past year have probably taken a conscious decision to invest the games in Clev, as it would certainly make sense to have a good look and see if he's up to it, seeing as we have had a good look at Ando.

I still think he's the better of the two anyway, although hos fitness question marks are an issue. He is far more positive for a start. In fact, I think he is a better footballer than both Cleverley and Fellaini - which is funny as none of the three of them look good enough at the moment.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good to see Anderson is back from injury at last. Now he just need to stay injury free. While he isn't a world beater, he gives us drive in midfield at least when he plays. Something that we lack a lot of the time. So a handy option to have at times.

sajeev

As long as he is here and is fit, he is a better option than Cleverley and Felliani (as in he actually offers something good or bad) and should be played ahead of them. We should let him go though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He has many flaws but it is nice to see a Man Utd midfielder actually pick the ball up and their first instinct is to go forwards.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Pleased to see him get a run and nice to see his intent. Would have loved to have seen him finish that chance but the build up play was very good.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Good to see Anderson is back from injury at last. Now he just need to stay injury free. While he isn't a world beater, he gives us drive in midfield at least when he plays. Something that we lack a lot of the time. So a handy option to have at times.
He's the only central midfielder we have who can actually take the ball with his back to the opponents goal in his own half and drive it up the field. We saw him drive the ball yesterday, unfortunately it ended up with a poor shot.

There's too many dickheads in this thread though that feel that they have a divine right to call anderson shit and then tell those of us that do have anything positive to say about him that we need to let it go and accept he's shit. They can feck off.

Getsme

You can't help but like him, I wish he could live up to his potential.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
One pleasing thing from his brief run was he didn't go to ground. 9 times out of 10 a player would have gone down in that challenge in the middle of the park but he had that want, that drive to keep going, very positive, whoever it would have been. It was refreshing to see compared to a lot of footballers.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I am a bit surprised at his lack of involvement this season given how much Moyes seemed to use him in pre-season.

He's not the solution to our problems but he still has a lot to offer. Given the way Cleverley has played recently I'd prefer Anderson right now

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The only thing that makes me happy about his return is that it's another body in CM, it gives Moyes more tactical options to have him. Other than that I can't say I have any optimism in seeing him play for Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.