Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Problems with hoofing the ball from CBs because nobody's up for it didn't end yesterday once Anderson got on the pitch. Still no point keeping him really.

Cantona07

Most Games are played with ONE Ball but the REAL g
In fairness, when he came on, he did better than expected. He was driving forward from midfield, something we havent seen for a long time.

They guy should have a decent run in the team for at least 3 games.

I think in the current situation, he should be starting games

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Problems with hoofing the ball from CBs because nobody's up for it didn't end yesterday once Anderson got on the pitch. Still no point keeping him really.
The poor distribution out of defence cannot be blamed on Anderson. What can be blamed on Anderson is his poor conditioning, which is the reason he hasn't kicked on. With his passing and powerful running from midfield Anderson should have been 'the answer' but his fitness levels mean he simply can't maintain his form. Either Anderson's body breaks down or he runs out of puff. Sad.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
It sad that the sole reason of giving chances to people is that other people were so bad in the previous game.

I agree with the above post...id give him a chance as he did ok yesterday. He looked arsed (no pun here).
Maybe a midfiled trio of Jones sitting deep with Ando and Clev running the show is worth a try.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The poor distribution out of defence cannot be blamed on Anderson. What can be blamed on Anderson is his poor conditioning, which is the reason he hasn't kicked on. With his passing and powerful running from midfield Anderson should have been 'the answer' but his fitness levels mean he simply can't maintain his form. Either Anderson's body breaks down or he runs out of puff. Sad.

No, of course it can be blamed and it should be blamed on any of our CMs. If they are not making themselves available to Vidić / Evans / Rio or whoever's playing there, then our CBs are forced to hoof it as our wingbacks stay up front already. Anderson is supposed to give that with his driving through the middle and other cliches, but he doesn't deliver that anymore. I'm not even talking about what he was meant-to-become because it's old storry that's running for odd few years now.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Rubbish get rid. Our poor run has made people grow fonder for a player who has been nothing but a disappointment for 7 years. This transitional season should result in a purge of all underperformers not give them new opportunities.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He should start against Shakhtar and Villa. When he's fit he's a pretty good player and right now I don't think he can make it any worse

Siorac

Anderson always gets a lot better when he's not playing. A few more games with Cleverley and Fellaini and he'll be lauded as a combination of Roy Keane and Xavi.

LR7

In fairness, when he came on, he did better than expected. He was driving forward from midfield, something we havent seen for a long time.

They guy should have a decent run in the team for at least 3 games.

I think in the current situation, he should be starting games
Tbf to Anderson he always does this.
I'd like to see him given a run too but persisting with a midfield two in the absence of Carrick is basically giving the midfield the middle finger.

I originally thought that Rooney's unwillingness to play elsewhere was the reason we were playing 4-4-2 but we persisted with it when Rooney and RvP were out of the team, so it wasn't because we had to play both, it's clearly just the way Moyes wants to play.

Anderson won't come into the team and make things any better if we play him in a midfield two, but if we bring him in alongside two other CMs into a midfield three it could see us start to control games in midfield a bit better and with those driving runs of his be less reliant on playing the game almost entirely down the flanks.

Basically the problems in this team run far deeper than just the personnel alone, which is why when Moyes makes his like for like subs, not much changes. A change of system might be a small start but the players also seem so low on belief at the moment that they will also need picking up and motivating.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Anderson should play because we miss someone driving forward. Our midfield is too flat right now. There's no one busting a gut. There's a real lack of movement and we're manageable.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If there's one thing Anderson can bring to the midfield, then it's definitely a gut.

Ah how I'm going to miss these jokes if he goes.

He's not a long term solution (clearly), but for the next 4 games in December he really should be playing. Saw an article on Goal saying we want rid of him because he doesn't train hard enough or listen to team instructions. As much as I despise the website, that could actually be a viable opinion on the matter, and if that is the case now or always has been then we can't have attitude like that. He may be our most attack minded CM which is what I want the most, we can't have that sort of behaviour in our players, and we can find plenty of players with an attacking mind for better value than him. Have him play for the short term, find a replacement in January and get rid if someone wants him.

Bojan11

He should start against Shakhtar and Villa. When he's fit he's a pretty good player and right now I don't think he can make it any worse
He won't start against Shaktar. It will be Giggs for the vital experience.

Also Anderson still has weight issues. Such ashame that the World Cup is going to be in his country and he won't be playing. Because he can't motivate himself and is far too inconsistent.

Hannibal

Anderson is our best midfielder bar Carrick. We have been horrible in the past few weeks because Moyes doesn't even know his best option(minus Carrick). Saturday should have been the day to retest the old Anderson-Cleverley combo but Moyes has no guts. He went for solidity & we still lost. No offensive play in the midfield & they still got murdered by Cabaye & Tiote. Penny wise pound foolish!

Rossa

Anderson is our best midfielder bar Carrick. We have been horrible in the past few weeks because Moyes doesn't even know his best option(minus Carrick). Saturday should have been the day to retest the old Anderson-Cleverley combo but Moyes has no guts. He went for solidity & we still lost. No offensive play in the midfield & they still got murdered by Cabaye & Tiote. Penny wise pound foolish!

This!

Gladiator

Havent read the thread but I'd say anderson should leave for the sake of his career. There was a period where I thought he was getting back to his best but he got that injury at reading last season and I'd say that was the end of it. What he needs I dont think we're willing to offer. There's a good player in there..just didn't pan out as expected. He was really unlucky with injuries and I feel it's something psychologically (look at ramsey) you can only really get over with playing time but he just wont get that.

Robbie Boy

Poor tonight and once again failed to take his chance. Can't see him getting many / any more after tonight.

The Neviller

I still like him. If you told me we'd definitely sign a top midfielder if we'd get rid of Anderson I'd say fair enough, but until that looks a possibility I'm happy for him to stay where he is.

Cina

I still like him. If you told me we'd definitely sign a top midfielder if we'd get rid of Anderson I'd say fair enough, but until that looks a possibility I'm happy for him to stay where he is.
Where's that though Nev? He can't even get on the bench for the majority of games.

I like him too, he's hard not to like, but there comes a point ...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yep.

It's just plain stupid to get rid of a player for a position you are short in. If we get a couple of injuries and have 3 games in a week we will still need him.

Robbie Boy

I would imagine that he will only leave if someone comes in. Fact is, he clearly isn't good enough. I would happily get rid once someone comes in.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I don't buy this notion that he's not good enough. He didn't have the best first half granted, but they were awful conditions to come back into. We should allow him to have a few games before completely writing him off.

Amir

I don't buy this notion that he's not good enough. He didn't have the best first half granted, but they were awful conditions to come back into. We should allow him to have a few games before completely writing him off.
I think six and a half years were enough!

Siorac

We've been saying that for years now. We make excuses for him because he's likeable.

Smores

I think we'd snap the hands off anyone who bid or him. I think he might step up if he moves elsewhere and started over

Shark

@NotShark
I know this has been said a gazillion times, but I'd be very surprised if he's a United payer next season. Moyes hasn't been playing him as it is and that looks like the final straw now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
crap night really, not one he was going to gain much from.

I think though, after 6+ years, the percentage of games he starts a season, and more importantly the percentage of games he actually finishes would both be pathetically low totals.

Perhaps 20% and 10% at best?

Status
Not open for further replies.