Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyMay

I don't buy the conditions argument at all, maybe in the first half hour or so, but look at Cleverley's performance. Anderson was poor today, but he showed some nice moments. He's usually a good passer of the ball, but everything looked forced today. Some of his passes were over-hit. He needs more games and then we can judge. But I pretty much agree with TN.

Robbie Boy

I find it utterly bemusing that some on here continue to show blind faith towards Ando and actually want to give him more games.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't buy this notion that he's not good enough. He didn't have the best first half granted, but they were awful conditions to come back into. We should allow him to have a few games before completely writing him off.

Is this post serious?

I'm all for giving players chances, but Anderson has gone far beyond that stage now. He's gotten his chances and has hardly taken single one of them. When he has taken his opportunity, injury usually followed. I'm sure that most fans feel his time is up, even the ones that religiously defended him for the past few seasons.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's had it all really. Look at Young and how he took his fecking chance. It was midfield three, he didn't have to do half as much running as he'd have to do if it was just a midfield duo, he didn't have to defend, all he had to do is his glorified 'drive in the middle of the park' and some decent passing. Instead he was too fecking lazy to run and his passing was cringeworthy, so two of his biggest assets went to feck.

Plus all the mentioning from our players that he's the most lazy cnut during training, there's nothing good about him bar those McDonald jokes.

Not to mention that we've looked far better when we switched to midfield two and then back to midfield three. Anderson can't get past a man, who wasn't playing football for months.

Gerald G

Time to get rid unfortunately. Conditions were awful but I still hoped he would have performed better. For his sake and ours he should leave in the January window. But saying this I would only sell him if we were to bring someone in and I hope we do.

I like Anderson he seems a likeable individual but his talent just doesn't match it and I think it's time to cut ties. When/if he leaves I hope he performs well at his next club.

talking robot

I've generally been positive towards Anderson, and would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it seems clear that it's time for him to go.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I've generally been positive towards Anderson, and would like to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it seems clear that it's time for him to go.
Me too. Always liked him, had a soft spot for him I guess as I genuinely thought he'd do big big things when he joined us. He's also had a few games here and there every season where he's shown that potential. But it's becoming rarer and rarer, I think it's time to move him on.

kundalini

I think he is good enough for United; clearly Moyes disagrees. Here's my evidence. Take a look at the results of the 31 PL games he has started in the previous 3 seasons (2012/3, 2011/2, 2010/1), we average more points per game with him in the team (72/31 averages out at 88 per season against an actual average of 86 points per season) and that includes 3 starts against Arsenal, 2 against Man City and 1 against Chelsea so it is not as though he only features against the weaker sides. He has even started dead matches at the end of the season in which we've thrown away points such as the 5-5 against West Brom.

The fact that Moyes barely ever plays Anderson says more about Moyes than it does about Anderson. Contrast our record when Anderson starts against that of Giggs (again last 3 PL seasons 44 starts 88 points so an average of 76 per 38 game season, against our actual average of 86)

In the PL when Fellaini starts our record is W0 D2 L2. In all competitions it is W1 D4 L2. Now that's what a weak link looks like.

MoneyMay

I think he is good enough for United; clearly Moyes disagrees. Here's my evidence. Take a look at the results of the 31 PL games he has started in the previous 3 seasons (2012/3, 2011/2, 2010/1), we average more points per game with him in the team (72/31 averages out at 88 per season against an actual average of 86 points per season) and that includes 3 starts against Arsenal, 2 against Man City and 1 against Chelsea so it is not as though he only features against the weaker sides. He has even started dead matches at the end of the season in which we've thrown away points such as the 5-5 against West Brom.

The fact that Moyes barely ever plays Anderson says more about Moyes than it does about Anderson. Contrast our record when Anderson starts against that of Giggs (again last 3 PL seasons 44 starts 88 points so an average of 76 per 38 game season, against our actual average of 86)

I'm not really sure about that. Bebe was part of the team that beat Wolves at Old Trafford. Does that mean he's good enough for us?

The fact that Giggs plays ahead of Anderson says it all about the Moyes-Anderson relationship.

Last season, in the first half, he was really good. Games like Arsenal at home, where he came on and was mostly responsible for us looking more competent after struggling in the second half. Games like QPR, where he came on and made that great pass to Hernandez. Games like Reading away, where Fergie, believe it or not, had so much trust in Anderson that he played him behind Van Persie, with Rooney moved to the RW. He didn't disappoint either, but he picked up an injury. After he picks up an injury, he's really slow to get into form. The second half of last season was Anderson at his worst.

He's talented, but I just don't feel comfortable knowing that he's in a midfield two. If he's in a midfield three, then fine... He generally looks better. He has some endearing traits: his passing, ability to beat players by using his strength, and enthusiasm.

He doesn't, however, have the consistency to complement these traits and that's mostly been his problem. His fitness is also an issue. That's why I will never agree with the Anderson > Cleverley argument. Just because a player is a better passer, excels in certain elements, or is maybe more technically gifted, doesn't mean they are more beneficial to the team.

Look at Cleverley, for example. He's a reliable player, certainly in 11/12 and the first half of last season, he was good. You know what you're going to get with him and he has looked really good in the last three fixtures. Against Stoke, both played on the same pitch, under the same conditions. Only one player, however, looked committed and was trying to augment their game.

I like Anderson and think we should keep him, until we buy a better midfielder. I just don't think Moyes has gone wrong. He's still learning about the team. And I understand that the Stoke game is Anderson's first start in a long time, but you still expect better.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I don't buy the conditions argument at all, maybe in the first half hour or so, but look at Cleverley's performance. Anderson was poor today, but he showed some nice moments. He's usually a good passer of the ball, but everything looked forced today. Some of his passes were over-hit. He needs more games and then we can judge. But I pretty much agree with TN.
His passing is always forced. He's good for about half a dozen a game overhit by about 30 yards. After 6 years, and watching Paul Scholes every day in training you'd think he'd learn something. Its embarassing how someone like Fletcher can come on after so long out and be so tidy, when you cant trust Anderson to find an opponent 10 yards away or run any longer for an hour.

I love the lad but the situations getting beyond a joke. Will be leaving in January or the summer.

mattsville

He is not up to it, Moyes would have known previously like everyone, but he had to give everyone a chance close up, as long as we can sign people in the Summer he will be one of first ones out.

binary bot
Yeah, his time is up.

He should never have been converted to a CM, you see him almost forcing different facets of his game in an attempt to make up for the lack of ability in CM. Injuries didn't do him any favours in his time here, neither did himself with the condition he got himself into and the club/Fergie has got to take some criticism for letting him get in such poor shape.

So much has been said already. We haven't seen anything new from Anderson or anywhere near the level of progression we'd like. He's had plenty of chances and for his sake it's probably better that he get's first team football elsewhere. Spending so much time on the bench or out of the squad isn't helping him improve.

I wouldn't mind us giving those chances to Nick Powell instead. It's someone else's turn to make their mark in our first team.

Laphroaig

Perhaps 20% and 10% at best?
He's averaged around 19 starts a season (6,5 seasons) and we play something between 50 and 60 games, so he has started something like a third of our games during his time here. (That was starts, not full games. Full games would be significantly less.)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He'll be getting his testimonial and people will still be waiting for him to come good.
:D

Just flog him on loan somewhere else. He might find his mojo back, and United might recoup much more than sitting here on the bench.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
His future here isn't even a debate anymore, even Anderson fans can't be kidding themselves at this stage. A likable lad and I wish him the best.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He's been a huge waste of time and money, I doubt anyone would even pay £10m for him.

Odd thing is, you would not have thought that in his first season here. Dominated a lot of experienced midfielders, full of energy, brought directness from midfield to our attack.. I had high hopes for a midfield of Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Carrick, Anderson, Nani and then Rooney up top....

feck you Anderson!!! You made me look like a tit!!!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I genuinely thought he'd be fantastic here. I remember Graham Hunter on the radio saying he was the next Ronaldinho, then we'd suddenly signed him. I was absolutely delighted, he was probably my favourite United player for that first season.

Instead he's turned out to be a disaster, one of SAF's biggest flops. What a waste of potential.

Goooose

It's happened with far too many of our players over the last few years. Player comes in, makes a bit of an impression, doesn't progress from there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
With Ashley Young, you have the feeling that he tries at least and gives his best. Anderson is just a hopeless player and is just there to make up the numbers.

Ekeke

You barely notice him on the pitch. In recent sub appearances he did have a bit of an impact so perhaps he could still be useful off the bench

Nathan

I honestly think his time is up as a United Player. I for one rated him very highly and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Sadly it never happened and he would be the first to say that he never got enough chances but the few that he did he never made it count. The sooner we ship him out the better for him and United.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I didn't see the match, but looking at the line up, it seemed he was a part of a 3 man midfield with Cleverley and Jones playing behind him. Was that the case?

Nathan

Yes that is correct how they lined up, admittedly the conditions were not great but i still think he is a luxury which we can no longer afford to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.