Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

next seasons gonna be ressurection of Fabregas x Anderson rivalry even tho they will never play each other because fabregas is going to be benched whole season..

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I'm an Anderson apologist. Hear me out here. Clearly it is an issue with his mentality which has come as a result of constant injuries.
He's never had an injury free season since his 1st season (I think). This has also contributed to the weight and fitness issues. Sure he enjoys a slice of cake now and then. Who doesn't? It is hard to stay lean & fit when your knee is in a brace or whatever injuries he keeps getting... You all are quick to call him lazy etc but yet you underestimate the impact a serious/chronic injury can have on a person's mentality. I mean, I tore my groin playing park footy and couldn't do much but walk for a year. Even when I got the all clear, I didn’t want to fully exert myself in case it happened again. Now imagine you are pro and pushing your body it is actually part of your job.

Compare a pre leg break Valencia to the post leg break one. You have a player who isn't playing on instinct anyone because his subconscious won't allow him to.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
I'm an Anderson apologist. Hear me out here. Clearly it is an issue with his mentality which has come as a result of constant injuries.
He's never had an injury free season since his 1st season (I think). This has also contributed to the weight and fitness issues. Sure he enjoys a slice of cake now and then. Who doesn't? It is hard to stay lean & fit when your knee is in a brace or whatever injuries he keeps getting... You all are quick to call him lazy etc but yet you underestimate the impact a serious/chronic injury can have on a person's mentality. I mean, I tore my groin playing park footy and couldn't do much but walk for a year. Even when I got the all clear, I didn’t want to fully exert myself in case it happened again. Now imagine you are pro and pushing your body it is actually part of your job.

Compare a pre leg break Valencia to the post leg break one. You have a player who isn't playing on instinct anyone because his subconscious won't allow him to.
That's all well and good, but we should still get rid of the fat feck.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Valencia's best season came after the leg break.

OneUnited24

I think you could include Ronaldinho on that list too. His career went seriously downhill in his last season at Barca, he was 28 when he left them, I think he had the ability to be the best player of all time. Robinho is another one who could be included
I think its the way with a majority of the Brazilian superstars - they shine so bright during their younger years, achieve everything they want and then don't seem to have the mentality to continue to work as hard. Getting to the top is easy but maintaining it is the real battle, which is why players like Ronaldo and Messi (for me) will go down two of the all time greats.

That's all well and good, but we should still get rid of the fat feck.
I agree, for too long now we have been hoping he comes good but it never happens. Injuries aside I think the only reason he stayed here so long was because SAF had a bit of a soft spot for the guy but its got to the point where he isnt even worth a place in the squad.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Anderson £20 mil, Hargreaves £18 mil, Fellaini £27 mil, Veron £30 mil what is it with these dud midfielders we keep signing?! Hopefully we can finally get rid of Ando this summer as there's no point him being in the squad.

Fully Fledged

Anderson £20 mil, Hargreaves £18 mil, Fellaini £27 mil, Veron £30 mil what is it with these dud midfielders we keep signing?! Hopefully we can finally get rid of Ando this summer as there's no point him being in the squad.
WE have the same problem City had with the likes of Barry. His wages are far too high for anyone who would want him to be prepared to pay. He can just hang on and collect the pay check without having to put in too much effort.

Bwuk

Wouldn't it be amazing if LvG got it all to finally click together for Anderson?

He's supremely talented just lacks the proper mentality.

Bwuk

:lol::lol: Clearly, you are a 'glass is half full' person.....Good luck to you mate :)
Haha - I don't think it'll happen, and he'll probably be shipped out on loan, but it'd be great. Such a shame it never seemed to click for Anderson. He was better at 18 than he is now!

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I can accept your point regarding Fellaini but the others were good signings at the time.

Anderson was one of the best young players in the world with many clubs after him and after his first season, it looked like a great bit of business, he was fantastic and was crucial in us winning the double. Hargreaves was also highly rated and did do a very good job when fit, he was not only very versatile but played each of those roles at a high level (fitness was a issue you couldn't have prepared for). Veron was a truly world class midfielder, it just didn't work out, that's life. If we were to sign Vidal, it could very well have the same outcome, lets hope not but sometimes big signings just don't work out for a number of reasons.

pseudo_canadian

Out having dinner with our new Spanish midfielder. Hopefully Ando didn't nick any of Herrera's food. A friendship that cannot be allowed to prosper.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Good on him. Seems like Herrera is enjoying getting out and is enjoying his time already.

caid

Seriously? Some would be willing to give Anderson another chance? His departure is three years too late.
He's a good player to daydream about.
You can picture him being an amazing player and dominating a game in a cl final.
Fellaini, cleverley etc not so much.

He's lazy and never looked all that bothered about winning or losing or being great. Maybe a bit unlucky with injuries too.
They're the kind of flaws that can be fixed. His technique, passing and dribbling were never an issue.

Its never going to happen though. Not here anyway so sell him.
Agreed about it being 3 years too late.
Ill continue daydreaming about the player he could have been though :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's done. That's coming from someone who argued with @Cina til I was blue in the face that he was worth another chance in the summer of 2012. If we can't find a buyer loan him out, if we can't find a loan club, let him train with the reserves.

Gannicus

We can't sell Ando without subsidizing his wages, if that's even legal. Let him take another shot and see if produce a few quality minutes when our starting central defenders need a rest.

JSMHE

Out having dinner with our new Spanish midfielder. Hopefully Ando didn't nick any of Herrera's food. A friendship that cannot be allowed to prosper.

Haha. Herrera already make his first friend (Hopefully that's not going to be their last dinner together). I have a feeling Herrera might change Anderson into a good one once again.

IceDevil

Is it possible to release him? How would that work in his case? It would be too expensive for United to do it? He's a big waste of money and space.

ricky-romeo

i don't think we'll get a buyer for him so let's see how he'll do during the pre season first. who knows? he might just get back to his 2008 level, i'll take that in a heartbeat. haha

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Is it possible to release him? How would that work in his case? It would be too expensive for United to do it? He's a big waste of money and space.
It's always possible to release players. It's very expensive though. It's not a financial sound idea. Teams usually only resort to that if the player has broken club rules or is some kind of a trouble maker. Off the pitch Anderson is a great player to have in a squad.

Malva

if he gets a good kick up his arse, he can shock people with the amount of ability he has in him as a total midfielder.. i'm not going to forget how good he was in 2012/13, those games against chelsea where he absolutely tore them a new one.

he'll just have to cut down on the food and get a serious professional mentality.

honestly that's probably an impossible ask, but if it does happen.. anderson would (has and can be) a superb superb player. I see big potential uses of him by van gaal.

Malva

Oh great, the annual "Anderson can make it here" season starts.
its sad but its not a matter of making it for him imo... it's staying.. staying in condition.. staying in form. He's clearly shown qualities that deserve to be at the highest level.

if it was another season, same manager.. it would be laughable to talk about him with anything but a lack of optimism. But who knows with van gaal. I think Anderson is not as far from finding his peak and staying there as people think. The inverse is most likely and perfectly valid though.

Nanook

It's always possible to release players. It's very expensive though. It's not a financial sound idea. Teams usually only resort to that if the player has broken club rules or is some kind of a trouble maker. Off the pitch Anderson is a great player to have in a squad.
Don't you just have to pay the rest of his contract off? If he's on £70k a week, this is the last year of his contract so it would just be £3.5m to release him, It would make more sense though just to sell him for a few million or keep him as a squad player.

Robbie Boy

Just stop.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Other than Young, Anderson should surely be next highest on the "must get rid" list.

My concern for both of the above is that LVG coming in may want to give them another chance and see if he can turn it around for them.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is

WOAH WOAH WOAH "andeherrera8?!?!" where's Mata going?! Switching to no.7?!

SolidState

Just stop.
He's right, whether you like it or not an injury can have a huge impact on a player. Although in Andersons case the main reason he probably got the injury is from being too heavy and competing in elite sports.

Robbie Boy

He's right, whether you like it or not an injury can have a huge impact on a player. Although in Andersons case the main reason he probably got the injury is from being too heavy and competing in elite sports.
I have absolutely no time whatsoever for Anderson apologists. Get rid.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

When do you think they'll finish painting the ceiling?

SolidState

I have absolutely no time whatsoever for Anderson apologists. Get rid.
I agree with his theory, I don't think we should keep him, I'd push him out on a free if it was up o me. Give him to palace.

Robbie Boy

I agree with his theory, I don't think we should keep him, I'd push him out on a free if it was up o me. Give him to palace.
Not sure about the theory at all. I honestly think we bought a dud. Well I think he will have to go on a free, absolutely no way anyone is paying for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.