Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Anderson works a lot harder than Cleverley on the pitch, in fact Anderson is pretty much the only CM we have who makes himself available for a pass from the defence, something we sorely missed last season.
Did you watch him against West Brom last season? Think it was his last game for us. He was like a statue in the middle of the park. Lazy and uncaring.

Last edited:

JunesBoy

Anderson works a lot harder than Cleverley on the pitch, in fact Anderson is pretty much the only CM we have who makes himself available for a pass from the defence, something we sorely missed last season. He also has the intelligence to drive into space and force defenders on the back foot by himself, which is certainly something that Cleverley is incapable of doing. I have a lot of time for Anderson and I do hope LVG gives him the chance to prove his worth in a three man midfield, where I think he is best suited. Though I can understand why other fans are frustrated by him, calling him fat is an excuse. The guy isn't fat at all, he's just an endomorph.
Liking a person sometimes cloud our judgement..
I do rate him highly but he reserves energy, its a very common thing some players do and tend to go unnoticed...

Bwuk

Anderson's our most talented midfielder it's just never all came into fruition together.

On sheer ability he's miles ahead of Cleverley, Fellaini and Fletcher. Carrick is a closer call but if Anderson had actually played consistently and reached the peak of his potential whilst playing for us he would of been a world beater.

Just another lazy Brazilian. See Adriano, Ronaldinho etc.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'd happily pay the guy 100k a week to be a cheerleader and morale booster.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He'll step up now the Vidal interest has finally cooled off. van Gaal will be confident he can mould him into a half-decent player.

We're fücked.

Ibi Dreams

Honestly thought we had seen the last of him, we even gave his shirt number away. Its never going to happen for him here, bizarre that some people still have faith

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's never mattered how well or how badly he he has played, he has only ever been given a couple of decent runs in the side in his whole time here.

He probably reached the point where he doesn't give a flying feck around about the time him and Cleverly both got injured, we saw plenty of Cleverly after that point, Ando might as well have been killed.

Yes he should of worked harder and made better use of the chances he got when he did get them, but his career is effectively over now.

Get In Scholesy

Sustained a calf injury which will subsequently rule him out of the summer tour.

Although as much as I believe this, I feel as if it's just a smoke screen. He probably isn't in Van Gaals plans.

And if it is true, an injury on your first day or two of training surely can't be a good sign.

ThanksBoss26

Sustained a calf injury which will subsequently rule him out of the summer tour.

Although as much as I believe this, I feel as if it's just a smoke screen. He probably isn't in Van Gaals plans.

And if it is true, an injury on your first day or two of training surely can't be a good sign.
Ducker tweeted earlier today that he wasn't going to be in the tour party anyway. He probably is genuinely injured given his track record but you're right, it likely means he isn't in van Gaals plans, which would be no surprise.

I hope we can shift him out of the club this summer, even if it's on a season long loan until his contract expires next summer. As things stand, he's complete deadwood. He needs a move away and a fresh start to go and try and salvage his career, which is currently just drifting by.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He needs a move away and a fresh start to go and try and salvage his career, which is currently just drifting by.
He got a fresh start when we went on loan to Fiorentia, they dont appear to be in a rush to hold onto him either. When a team that finishes 4th in Seria A does not want you, then your career is only going in one direction.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
The locker room X factor is back! Now we can compete for titles again

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely the only hope for him, and United is a if a Brazilian side come in for him, free, and us footing some of his wages until his contract runs out.

ThanksBoss26

Surely the only hope for him, and United is a if a Brazilian side come in for him, free, and us footing some of his wages until his contract runs out.
Yep, or perhaps a Portugese club. But you're right, we'll either end up footing most of his wages for this season if he goes out on loan, or maybe we'll look to reach an agreement on the final year of his contract so he can go somewhere for free.

I think he'll be out the door by the end of this transfer window. I hope so anyway. He should have been sold a long time ago.

C'est Moi Cantona

Yep, or perhaps a Portugese club. But you're right, we'll either end up footing most of his wages for this season if he goes out on loan, or maybe we'll look to reach an agreement on the final year of his contract so he can go somewhere for free.

I think he'll be out the door by the end of this transfer window. I hope so anyway. He should have been sold a long time ago.
Yes hadn't thought of the scenario of us paying out his contract, that could be best.

Sad really what's happened to him, don't feel any sort of bitterness towards him for not been what he could have been, just want him gone, and hopefully finding his level again somewhere, but think there's a fair chance he could be retired and done with the game before he reaches 30.

Hed Zitin

This is the very worst that happens when you hang onto a player that is never going to do it. I gave up three seasons ago on him. If we hadn't hung on like some sort of hoarder, we could of got something for him back then.

A complete waste of time and resources.

ThanksBoss26

Yes hadn't thought of the scenario of us paying out his contract, that could be best.

Sad really what's happened to him, don't feel any sort of bitterness towards him for not been what he could have been, just want him gone, and hopefully finding his level again somewhere, but think there's a fair chance he could be retired and done with the game before he reaches 30.
Exactly how I feel too. I hope he can get back on track elsewhere but I don't want to see him playing for us again. He's had his chances, we need to get rid now.

Brightonian

Can we just kill him? Seriously, just chop him up and put him in the pies. No-one will even notice. Except the catering budget.

Gannicus

It just didn't work out for Ando. Let's, ahem, eat the rest of his contract and let him go out and find a club who will take him. How hard can that be for us?

Midnight1811

I wonder if it's possible to release him? He sealed his fate when he went on loan. If Moyes couldn't get the best out of him, after given him a second chance thenI dont see how LvG could do any better than fergie/Moyes

Robbie Boy

I wonder if it's possible to release him? He sealed his fate when he went on loan. If Moyes couldn't get the best out of him, after given him a second chance thenI dont see how LvG could do any better than fergie/Moyes
I would say releasing him might cost a fair whack due to his wages. Be better offering him around to clubs for free.

I honestly can't think of many viable options for him once he leaves. He just isn't that good and his injury record is horrendous. He certainly won't be getting paid what we are paying him when he eventually goes elsewhere.

C'est Moi Cantona

Did you just say that?! We are all pinning our hopes on VG doing a job that is a million times better than Moyes efforts, you're right about Fergie though he just couldn't get him going.

Re Anderson loan with us footing loads of his wages, or buyout of contract is best we can hope for IMO.

Midnight1811

Did you just say that?! We are all pinning our hopes on VG doing a job that is a million times better than Moyes efforts, you're right about Fergie though he just couldn't get him going.

Re Anderson loan with us footing loads of his wages, or buyout of contract is best we can hope for IMO.
I meant in terms of chances. Like, Moyes have give the second chance, after Fergie, didn't impress so why should LvG give him a chance? I'd say his time is up now..

Any idea what contract he's on ? Like years remaining, estimated wages etc.

ThanksBoss26

I meant in terms of chances. Like, Moyes have give the second chance, after Fergie, didn't impress so why should LvG give him a chance? I'd say his time is up now..

No idea of estimated wage but he definitely only has one year of his contract left.

ThanksBoss26

If he survives then it's because we couldn't get rid of him.
Probably. We might try and negotiate a payoff to give him a free transfer in that instance. The tweet from Ducker suggesting he wasn't going on the tour regardless of injury is most likely the sign that the club have finally given up on him.

C'est Moi Cantona

I know I was only taking an opportunity out of your wording, no way LvG will give him a chance he'll be gone before they're back from the tour with any luck, wish him well though seems like a nice guy.

Contract expires June 2015, wages roughly 70 k per wk I think.

Bole Top

we're probably the only club who tolerates players like him for so long. I could never imagine him or Nani doing the same at Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern and still staying there for 7 or 8 seasons. that goes for Young and Valencia too, who probably earn more than Muller or Reus. in some way, I'm actually glad now because of what happened last season. we really needed that to learn our lesson. ENOUGH with accepting and tolerating mediocrity.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.

He had plenty of good games for SAF, but would always get injured as he looked like he was about to break into a serious run of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.