Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight1811

He had plenty of good games for SAF, but would always get injured as he looked like he was about to break into a serious run of form.
Yeah, along with Nani, consistency was a problem. His diet didn't help did it? I don't think he's as fat as some people made him out to be. What I liked bout Ando, was he would pick up the ball and drive forward. His game against Chelsea in the CoC cup was brillaint.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Yeah, along with Nani, consistency was a problem. His diet didn't help did it? I don't think he's as fat as some people made him out to be. What I liked bout Ando, was he would pick up the ball and drive forward. His game against Chelsea in the CoC cup was brillaint.
I agree, a few good games against the gooners also, when they were a threat. He would make a great mascot now as it will be easier to sell Fred The Red.

Blue always red

If his mentality was better, he'd keep himself in tip top shape, but he doesn't. At the start of every season he blows us away, driving us forward and that goal he got last season where he made a run from the half-way line (I think) was sublime, but then like usual his flame dies.

Ando's fitness and mentality are the things that stop him from being genuinely world class.

Ole'sbodyguard

If his mentality was better, he'd keep himself in tip top shape, but he doesn't. At the start of every season he blows us away, driving us forward and that goal he got last season where he made a run from the half-way line (I think) was sublime, but then like usual his flame dies.

Ando's fitness and mentality are the things that stop him from being genuinely world class.
When was the last time Anderson blew anyone away with a United performance? It's certainly not at the start of every season.

Last time Anderson produced a good performance for me was against Chelsea in the League Cup and away at Reading. That was two years ago and it was still the exception rather than the norm.

He would be the first name I would expect to leave. He's been nowhere near good enough for a very long time.

One of the few things Moyes did which I completely agreed with was try to offload Anderson.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
When was the last time Anderson blew anyone away with a United performance? It's certainly not at the start of every season.
Remember that season where we started brilliantly, beat the gooners 8-2. Ando and Clevs ruled then, but sadly not defensively and we were found out pretty quickly.

Ole'sbodyguard

Remember that season where we started brilliantly, beat the gooners 8-2. Ando and Clevs ruled then, but sadly not defensively and we were found out pretty quickly.
That was 2011/12. Three years ago. That run of games lasted about 5-6 league starts as well.

Last time Anderson really still had me convinced he was going to be a top central midfielder for United was 2008/09 when he was used with Fletcher and Carrick in a three man midfield and we had Ronaldo, Rooney and Park with a stellar bench of Tevez, Berbatov, Nani, Scholes, etc.

For me, other than one or two false dawns, it's been all downhill from there with plenty of injuries, lack of match fitness and poor form.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
He's the poster boy for wasted potential and has mostly himself to blame for it.

Probably best if he looks for somewhere else to play. Beach soccer might be more his thing.

Al-T

Probably to no one's surprise he is once again injured having picked up a calf strain in training :rolleyes:. Which makes it even less likely that he can be moved on in the short term.

marlowe78

He's an albatross now, he's impossible to sell with his poor play last season and so many injuries. We're paying dearly for keeping him so long.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Its a real shame, he comes across as a genuinely warm and funny guy and probably lights up the dressing room when hes involved. But he really never showed any promise to push on to the next level. I couldnt see a player of his style in any Prem team. He should be playing in Italy or Brazil.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
@Drifter I just find it interesting that people in Brazil, of Tostao's status, are equally disappointed with Anderson's stalled progress as we are. I had such high hopes for Anderson after 2007/08, I still remember how he took on Gerrard that season at Anfield with a smile. As Tostao hints, if Anderson had shown the dedication Ronaldo did, his career could have been so different.

Drifter

American
@Drifter I just find it interesting that people in Brazil, of Tostao's status, are equally disappointed with Anderson's stalled progress as we are. I had such high hopes for Anderson after 2007/08, I still remember how he took on Gerrard that season at Anfield with a smile. As Tostao hints, if Anderson had shown the dedication Ronaldo did, his career could have been so different.
Agree.He had the potential ,but that became a bit of a cliche the longer it went on. Maybe like Adriano he just lost the hunger for football, or just that SAF could not get the best out of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agree.He had the potential ,but that became a bit of a cliche the longer it went on. Maybe like Adriano he just lost the hunger for football, or just that SAF could not get the best out of him.
I think the problem with a lot of Brazilians is, they just love life too much. They can't help but party and enjoy themselves. Anderson is a little like Ronaldinho in that sense, But unfortunately Anderson also had bad injuries to go with it.

El Zoido

It blows my mind that he's only 26, he seems to have been around forever. His performance and appearance record has followed the trajectory of a player in their 30's winding down their career.

northbynorthwest

a problem with a lot of players is that they get so much money and just lose the motivation. and he was injured as well

red_7

injuries or not, who doesn't make it at Fiorentina shouldn' return to United. I'd rather promote any youth / academy player as we have some talented boys there.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Get rid. Seriously, give him to someone on a free. Free up his wages.

MoskvaRed

That and the fact he's not technically proficient enough nor clever enough to be world class.

So basically he lacks everything.
I agree. Anderson could drive forward impressively when he was on his game (and provided the game hadn't reached the 60 minute mark...), but he lacked most of the attributes you associate with central midfield - passing ability, tackling, positional sense, stamina. Given his atrocious goal scoring record, I don't get the notion that he could have developed into a world class player further forward.

Minimalist

United should just terminate the contract at this stage. The idea a club will actually pay a fee for him is laughable.

crossy1686

career ending
He's wasted numerous chances and he can't say he hasn't been given a fair crack. Injuries haven't helped him but he should have done a lot better than he has done, same applies to Nani. They have far too many bad games compared to their good ones.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Slammed by Tostao:

Brazilian legend Tostao has criticised Manchester United midfielder Anderson for failing to deliver on the promise he showed at a young age, claiming that he could have been as good as Neymar if he had developed his game in the Premier League.

Anderosn is expected to be one of the players shipped out by United this summerafter being left out of Man Utd tour of the USA, as new manager Louis van Gaal looks to get rid of the deadwood at Old Trafford, with the Brazilian midfielder having failed to impress during his eight years at the club.

Tostao has acknowledged that sometimes it can be difficult for Brazilians to adapt to the more disciplined and tactical Premier League, but has claimed the better players should be able to adapt to things without losing their technical edge at all.

The legendary Brazilian feels that Anderson could have been one of the greatest players of his generation if he had applied himself enough to make the adaption, claiming that he has only himself to blame for failing to hit the heights expected of him.

Tostao told FourFourTwo, “When Brazilians move to the Premier League, I think they become more disciplined, get to know the importance of the collective game and develop the tactical part.

“The point is to learn this without losing technique. If they cannot do this, it’s their fault.

“Anderson is a classic case. If you remember him as a young player, he was pretty much like Neymar, but after playing there, he became predictable. But he’s the only one to blame for this, it’s not down to the Premier League.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is not Brazilian, but can be seen as a player who grew up tactically and developed his technique in England. Anderson was skillful, but did not have great technique, the ability to apply his skills in a big game.

“It was the same with Robinho – he could do everything with the ball and seemed exceptional, but then when his team needed him, he disappeared.”
http://www.squawka.com/news/tostao-critical-of-anderson-for-failing-to-deliver-on-potential/145222?

Midnight1811

After learning he's one of the remaining players from the 2008 moscow win, I don't want to sell him. It's only him, Nani, Rooney & Carrick. Welbs didn't feature prominently, while Evans was on loan. Saying that. Imagine if Rooney is the last survivor, a guy who since then has wanted to leave twice!

Shark

@NotShark
It's a sad state of affairs. I'd imagine going back to Brazil with the other fat has-beens is his best bet.
He's made an absolute fortune out of literally being a tag along at United for the past eight years and now he'll feck off to sunny Brazil and live the rest of his life in luxury with little to no expectation on his shoulders. Just the way he'd want it I'd imagine.

Why SAF gave him so many chances, I simply don't know. Waste of space of a footballer.

IwatUwat

Why are people not coming in for him, surely you would expect some bids etc by now, we must be touting him about and have done so in previous windows too.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Why are people not coming in for him, surely you would expect some bids etc by now, we must be touting him about and have done so in previous windows too.
Because he is absolutely useless?

Just because we're Man United doesn't mean our worst players should be wanted by other clubs. Right now, our worst players are that bad and that overpaid that it appears we are going to struggle very hard to shift them - and there are a bunch that need to be moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.