Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
its sad but its not a matter of making it for him imo... it's staying.. staying in condition.. staying in form. He's clearly shown qualities that deserve to be at the highest level.

if it was another season, same manager.. it would be laughable to talk about him with anything but a lack of optimism. But who knows with van gaal. I think Anderson is not as far from finding his peak and staying there as people think. The inverse is most likely and perfectly valid though.
I think you and a lot of others clearly think LVG is a miracle worker, I'd love you all to be right and me wrong but I'm afraid I just don't see it happening. Anderson was done here a long time ago and needs to be shipped out for his own good.

m1y2

the main reason we he failed here is clearly his injury record. He missed an half of the season every season on average, struggling with his knee and having some hamstring problems in the later stages. It was clear that he played with some of his injuries often which was seen well on his movement and yeah he looked and was unfit last couple of seasons but I dont think he wouldnt give his all when he arrived. It was his neverending injury record which undermined his will and determination so in the end he looked like he didnt care. I would be hopeless as well if I couldnt last for 4 matches fit.. It is obivously uneasy to perform well under these circumstances and I think he often played great after a long pause. Van Gaal can certainly somehow ressurect him in terms of mentality and willingess to work hard but he must stay injury-free which is sometimes the only reason to let players go (Hargreaves, Smith..) I give him 10% chance here just because his ability which he still has. If only he could stay fit he would be a complete midfielder, one of the worlds best but having potential is one thing and fullfilling is the other..

Roboc7

Good chance he will be here for another year because I don't think anyone will take him off our hands unless they get him on loan with us paying most of his wages.

He shouldn't and won't get a new contract though so he will be gone this time next year, he should have gone years ago and he is nowhere near good to be in the squad anymore, at some points he has shown promise and had a few good games but they are few and far between, even for van gaal he is a lost cause.

Robbie Boy

Maybe we can get some of the Ando lovers from here to convince Juve how brilliant is and involve him in a swap deal for Vidal. They can explain to Juve how he once 'bossed' Fabregas and is actually a brilliant player with some eh minor fitness issues.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I agree with his theory, I don't think we should keep him, I'd push him out on a free if it was up o me. Give him to palace.
Lol I didn't say we should keep him. I was just stating some factors as to why he hasn't been able to fulfil his potential. We all admit the ability is/was there meaning all could come together at any given time if his mental state can be sorted. More likely this will be at another club but people talk about getting rid of Anderson as if they're personally paying his wages.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Don't you just have to pay the rest of his contract off? If he's on £70k a week, this is the last year of his contract so it would just be £3.5m to release him, It would make more sense though just to sell him for a few million or keep him as a squad player.
I think so but I can't say for sure. I've never seen a contract like this in front of me. I can only go by previous examples and from what I know in the smaller leagues.

Fazer

Is Anderson into the last year of his contract here? If so I would love to see if RVG
is able to get the best out of him. A fit and healthy Anderson might be able
to deputise for Herrera and/or Vidal if we do sign him.

YzWayne

He just needed someone to help him chew, as you can see he had all his teeth taken out by the club nutritionist as a last resort.
This is so wrong, the whole world know by now who is the best when it comes to chewing. He should phoned up the guy who just gotten a lengthy ban just for chewing.

Robbie Boy

can't believe any fan would say give him another chance. I mean wow...just wow..what is it, 7 seasons stealing a living?
It's only fans on here that have some weird love-in when it comes to Ando and are convinced that he has something to offer. Any fans away from this place want rid ASAP.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It's only fans on here that have some weird love-in when it comes to Ando and are convinced that he has something to offer. Any fans away from this place want rid ASAP.
He does have something, hence the frustration of him never being able to show it for a variety of reasons. It is best to move him on though, whatever it is is never going to fully materialise here.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Please no more, get him off the wage bill.

Member 39557

It's no coincidence that we loan out Ando and have our worst season in decades. Get him back cheering on the lads and brightening up the place. Maybe he can be kit man when his current deal expires?

Robbie Boy

He does have something, hence the frustration of him never being able to show it for a variety of reasons. It is best to move him on though, whatever it is is never going to fully materialise here.
I really don't think he 'does' have something. He 'did' however have something when he was younger. But, like plenty of players, he failed to build on his early potential and has been an absolute disaster.

askabob

He will turn 27 this season. It's clear as daylight there is no potential here. Get this lard ass off the wage bill as soon as possible. Even if it means a free transfer, as no club in their right minds will pay actual money for him!

tombombadil

Things are really looking bad for Anderson.

The thing that really worries me about him is the fact that he is already 26 years old and still hasn't broken into the first team as a squad player, let alone a first 11 player. And this has happened under 2 coaches already. Not a good sign.

Even Cleverley has at least established himself as a squad player and he is less talented technique wise and younger.

I hope he succeeds, but chances are increasingly slim for him. It'll be really interesting to see what LvG will does to him.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Some of the vitriol in here is horrible. The guy has always said he wanted to make it at United and his first season showed a lot of promise, it's just unfortunate that he has been hampered by a series of niggling injuries that have prevented his development.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Some of the vitriol in here is horrible. The guy has always said he wanted to make it at United and his first season showed a lot of promise, it's just unfortunate that he has been hampered by a series of niggling injuries that have prevented his development.
And he's fat, which is completely unacceptable for a pro athlete!

herokiller84

Id still game him a chance.

Why not? I always thought in the proper midfield set up he may show what he can do.

------Carrick-------
Herrera------Nando
Januzaj-------Mata--
---------VanP--------

And lads hes not a bit fat stop moaning like wee girls,hes got a bad knee that sets him back.

OneUnited24

It is unfortunate, hes a likeable guy who had he once in the past few seasons matched his billing all those years ago we would be over the moon. But it hasnt happened and people are just frustrated hes still here when his place could go to another young promising player or replaced with a seasoned pro. At the end of the day hes not even good enough to be part of the squad anymore let alone the starting 11.

The problem i have is by having him in the squad we are holding back one of the youth players chances of making a breakthrough - i'd rather see a unknown quantity than Anderson now

JunesBoy

I don't think he fat or overweight, my problem with this lad is more to do with his application on the pitch.. Everytime I watch him play he seems to be conserving energy and that's a bad trait for a player to have especially when playing in midfield...

Its a shame coz he is very good with the ball, not too sure of his footballing brain though but that's addressable with right instructions. If only he develops the mentality of a worry, don't see him ever establishing himself in any top side.

Ekeke

Plus when he's played he's been poor, also hampering his development

mu4c_20le

He is about as fat as Frank Lampard. But if that pic is recent then it seems like he actually put his head down and worked hard during his spell in Italy instead of just pigging out like many here thought he would. Could this finally be his season?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he actually fat? Every time I've seen him after a game when he's taken his shirt off, he looks fairly shredded.

If that's fat, then by god, I wish I was fat.
He's as fat as Rooney, and Lampard, and any other player fans need to insult with the dumbest spew possible.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Never understood the vitriol either. I'd rather see him play for a proper manager again than have the patience to sit through another Tom Cleverley masterclass. Ando when injury-free atleast has the attributes for a Manchester United midfielder, he's just not got the thrust and consistent playing time since 2009 due to his own fitness issues. Fergie saw enough in him to start him in a champions league final and give him repeated chances to come good. If his failings were remotely of his own fault, Fergie would never have tolerated him for as long as he did and then given him an extension to boot.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I don't think he fat or overweight, my problem with this lad is more to do with his application on the pitch.. Everytime I watch him play he seems to be conserving energy and that's a bad trait for a player to have especially when playing in midfield...

Its a shame coz he is very good with the ball, not too sure of his footballing brain though but that's addressable with right instructions. If only he develops the mentality of a worry, don't see him ever establishing himself in any top side.
Anderson works a lot harder than Cleverley on the pitch, in fact Anderson is pretty much the only CM we have who makes himself available for a pass from the defence, something we sorely missed last season. He also has the intelligence to drive into space and force defenders on the back foot by himself, which is certainly something that Cleverley is incapable of doing. I have a lot of time for Anderson and I do hope LVG gives him the chance to prove his worth in a three man midfield, where I think he is best suited. Though I can understand why other fans are frustrated by him, calling him fat is an excuse. The guy isn't fat at all, he's just an endomorph.

United22

Anderson works a lot harder than Cleverley on the pitch, in fact Anderson is pretty much the only CM we have who makes himself available for a pass from the defence, something we sorely missed last season. He also has the intelligence to drive into space and force defenders on the back foot by himself, which is certainly something that Cleverley is incapable of doing. I have a lot of time for Anderson and I do hope LVG gives him the chance to prove his worth in a three man midfield, where I think he is best suited. Though I can understand why other fans are frustrated by him, calling him fat is an excuse. The guy isn't fat at all, he's just an endomorph.
Lets not go here

Status
Not open for further replies.