Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I speculate, but when you early in the morning are involved in a car crash after a night out it's a bad sign and his fitness problems indicate that his lifestyle is not the best. I could be wrong but all in all it looks suspicious. Anyway I'm a huge Ando supporter and he will always have a place in my heart.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
At that point of time, that was a massive fee for an 18 year old with potential. You cannot compare the current crazy transfer fee with what United paid for Ronaldo 11 years ago. Any way you look at it, it was a massive fee at that time.
Your opinion. Ronaldo was arguably one of the best (if not the best) talent from our academy. Wanna compare with what Porto got for Paulo Ferreira? I won´t even compare with Carvalho or Deco. It´s all hypotetical, but we could have gotten a big offer from Abrahmovic after a Champions League campaign by Ronaldo. It wouldn´t be a surprise due to Jorge Mendes link with him. Every Sporting fan i know considers the Ronaldo a bad deal. Plenty of people were against that transfer. Except our board. There were in need of fresh money. The supporters were in need of a competitive team. Most weren´t against selling Ronaldo later but not at 18 years of age, where we didn´t get proper advantage from one of the biggest talents in our academy history.

ghagua

Not really. £30 million for an 18 year old Rooney a year later was a massive fee, £24 million for Cassano and almost £30 million for Saviola a couple of years before Ronaldo's move were big fees.

£12.24 million in 2003 for Ronaldo isn't even in the same ball park as those massive fees.
Rooney even though he was young was a proven premier league talent and lit of Euro 2004 before he got injured. Cassano was a top player at that stage, Saviola was showed incredible goal poaching ability.

ghagua

Your opinion. Ronaldo was arguably one of the best (if not the best) talent from our academy. Wanna compare with what Porto got for Paulo Ferreira? I won´t even compare with Carvalho or Deco. It´s all hypotetical, but we could have gotten a big offer from Abrahmovic after a Champions League campaign by Ronaldo. It wouldn´t be a surprise due to Jorge Mendes link with him. Every Sporting fan i know considers the Ronaldo a bad deal. Plenty of people were against that transfer. Except our board. There were in need of fresh money. The supporters were in need of a competitive team. Most weren´t against selling Ronaldo later but not at 18 years of age, where we didn´t get proper advantage from one of the biggest talents in our academy history.
Silly to compare what Porto got for those players. They were established players who had performed well in the league and in Europe. Obviously when you look back now, it seems that Sporting should have gotten more for Ronaldo, but if you look at it like that, United should have gotten way more than what they got from Real Madrid.

FromTheBench

What you got for Ronaldo (12.5 million pounds) was record fee for a 17/18 Year old at the time IIRC. You could have kept him for year and gotten bit more but doubt much more than 15 to 17 million pounds and he would have wanted to leave then anyway.

Very unlikely you would have gotten double or triple as you were saying earlier. When Rooney/Ronaldo WC incident happened in 2006 at that time he was being touted at 25/30 million to Real with one of their president candidate putting him as part of his election package etc.... It was only the next season he really burst out and his value increased. Doubt his value would have increased much more staying in Portugal at the time.

FromTheBench

Not really. £30 million for an 18 year old Rooney a year later was a massive fee, £24 million for Cassano and almost £30 million for Saviola a couple of years before Ronaldo's move were big fees.

£12.24 million in 2003 for Ronaldo isn't even in the same ball park as those massive fees.
Saviola was for 15 million pounds and Rooney was 25 million pounds and both him and Cassano were much proven in one of the big leagues at their times and also internationally and in Europe.

Ronaldo's value could have gotten to 15/17 million pounds in Portugal maybe 20 if he stayed 2 years and did well for Portugal as well but not that much more.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Silly to compare what Porto got for those players. They were established players who had performed well in the league and in Europe. Obviously when you look back now, it seems that Sporting should have gotten more for Ronaldo, but if you look at it like that, United should have gotten way more than what they got from Real Madrid.
Established? Paulo Ferreira? Please he came from Setúbal, had two decent years at Porto and had his fee inflated by shrewd negotiation by Pinto da Costa and Jorge Mendes. That was always my point. With a shrewd negotiator and not a senile old man that we had as a President (Dias da Cunha) we could have profit more financially and in football terms. I repeat this is not a hindsight view, the vast majority of Sporting fans didn´t consider the Ronaldo deal a good move from the club.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What you got for Ronaldo (12.5 million pounds) was record fee for a 17/18 Year old at the time IIRC. You could have kept him for year and gotten bit more but doubt much more than 15 to 17 million pounds and he would have wanted to leave then anyway.

Very unlikely you would have gotten double or triple as you were saying earlier. When Rooney/Ronaldo WC incident happened in 2006 at that time he was being touted at 25/30 million to Real with one of their president candidate putting him as part of his election package etc.... It was only the next season he really burst out and his value increased. Doubt his value would have increased much more staying in Portugal at the time.
You doubt? And why is that? Why couldn´t we have our fair share of inflated fee like Porto had? Specially since Ronaldo had way more potencial than any other player in Portugal? And why wouldn´t his value increase specially after what happened in market terms with the influx of sugar daddy money? Your doubts have no ground basis except from your own speculation. Which is fine since you are an United fan. Us Sporting fans also have the right to speculate that we would have profit more money and win wise if we kept Ronaldo one or two more years.

FromTheBench

You doubt? And why is that? Why couldn´t we have our fair share of inflated fee like Porto had? Specially since Ronaldo had way more potencial than any other player in Portugal? And why wouldn´t his value increase specially after what happened in market terms with the influx of sugar daddy money? Your doubts have no ground basis except from your own speculation. Which is fine since you are an United fan. Us Sporting fans also have the right to speculate that we would have profit more money and win wise if we kept Ronaldo one or two more years.
Sugar daddy money really came few years after that except Chelsea and was generally paid for players a lot more established. See Arjen Robben to Chelsea for example for a young talent to even a sugar daddy club and he was more established than Ronaldo as well.

Ronaldo's value would have doubled maybe only if you could have kept him for 3/4 years more which was unlikely given his ambition. You can see the market rates at the time and what his purpoted value was even after few years at United as i said.

And which teenager or young player Porto sold at the time for inflated fees ? Quaresma infact went cheaper and he was touted as big a talent. I think the period of Sporting being bad sellers and Porto making lot of money in sugar daddy inflated market started only years after that. There i agree you missed the boat a bit except Nani maybe. Though tbf, don't think you had the turnover of talents to sell like Porto either.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Sugar daddy money really came few years after that except Chelsea and was generally paid for players a lot more established. See Arjen Robben to Chelsea for example and he was more established than Ronaldo as well.

His value would have doubled maybe only if you could have kept him for 3/4 years more. You can see the market rates at the time and what his purpoted value was even after few years at United as i said.

And which teenager or young player Porto sold at the time for inflated fees ? Quaresma infact went cheaper and he was touted as big a talent. I think the period of Sporting being bad sellers and Porto making lot of money in sugar daddy inflated market started only years after that. There i agree you missed the boat a bit except Nani maybe. Though tbf, don't think you had the turnover of talents to sell like Porto either.
Chelsea was all we needed, specially with the Mendes link to Chelsea and with Mourinho´s knowledge of portuguese football. We will have to disagree about the time for valuation. I don´t think Ronaldo would need as much as 3 or 4 years to double his value. Porto made alot of money in inflated fees just one year after Ronaldo left. Quaresma just serves to prove my point. It was badly sold by us because we had an incompentent board. It was widely reported in the portuguese media, Pinto da Costa (Porto´s chairman) mocking us for the value we sold Ronaldo for, saying that Porto would never do a deal like that. Not enough financial value and not enough contribution for the club in football terms.

Loublaze

ATLien
They have. Rothwell was in the CL squad last season and was training with the first team for months. They've held their own against a midfield of Dembele and Bentaleb, two players also far better than Anderson.

Clevs still turned out better than Anderson.
Debatable.
Its not even a debate. Which turd is worse than the other?

To be honest though, Anderson at least had a few games where he looked like a genuine world beater. What has Cleverley done besides his Community shield second half performance against City? Plus, Anderson scored his penalty in the CL final against Chelsea, that alone is enough to put him above Cleverley :devil:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its not even a debate. Which turd is worse than the other?

To be honest though, Anderson at least had a few games where he looked like a genuine world beater. What has Cleverley done besides his Community shield second half performance against City? Plus, Anderson scored his penalty in the CL final against Chelsea, that alone is enough to put him above Cleverley :devil:
Cleverley can be commended for having a higher bottom level than Anderson but Anderson had some excellent performances in his first couple seasons until things started going down hill for him with fitness.

RooneyLegend

How about we send him out on loan to another prem side and see what he can do with regular game time? Realistically no one is signing him at this point in time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Lose lose for us really. Can't loan him, no one will buy him, could play him in the hope he finally comes good but with one year left he's free to do what he likes afterwards. Can't really offer an extension on the off-chance he has a good season as that's both mad and not at all likely. Seems like he'll just do the usual, a few games here and there before being released at the end of the season.

Water Melon

Is there a single quote by LvG about Ando? He does not look fit on that pic with DDG, seems to have a belly. Doubt that our manager would tolerate that.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Bold bit answers the entire question I think.
I find it strange that there is so much negative feelings against a player who have had so much bad luck with injuries. He's a lovely character who brings a smile to everybody around him. Nothing to dislike and in nine month time he's probably gone and then you can think about how much money our former manager cost the club, and how often you smile when you think about his contribution.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Saw him on that ice challenge thingy with Fletcher and I'd still love him to get a chance. Sadly, I think he's finished.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'd give him another chance if he's fit and we can't sell him. We've got nothing to lose at this stage.

Hannibal

They have. Rothwell was in the CL squad last season and was training with the first team for months. They've held their own against a midfield of Dembele and Bentaleb, two players also far better than Anderson.

Clevs still turned out better than Anderson.
That's pure nonsense!

Anderson has been our best central midfielder bar Carrick. He was actually having the season of his life in 12/13 season until he got injured after scoring a goal against Reading(i think).

Kakeru

He's got 1 year on his deal. Pointless to even consider a loan.
Why is there no one taking him, not even in Brazil, if there's really only one year left? Man, I think someone has to make it clear to him in English, in Portuguese or in God-knows-what-language that he better leave United for everyone's sake, including his own.

Rake

Second Man Utd star on the verge of Old Trafford exit in £5.5m move to Sporting Lisbon
MANCHESTER UNITED outcast Anderson may finally be on the verge of ending his Old Trafford misery with a £5.5m move to Sporting Lisbon.

Reports claim the Brazilian is wanted by the Portuguese outfit who are willing to stump-up the cash to sign him before the transfer window closes in 13 days time.

Lisbon have already secured the services of the much maligned Nani with the added bonus of United paying his £4.8m wages.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Trafford-exit-in-5-5m-move-to-Sporting-Lisbon

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They won't pay £5.5m for him. It's a lot of money to Sporting and he's probably worth half of that, to be fair we could let him go for free.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They won't pay £5.5m for him. It's a lot of money to Sporting and he's probably worth half of that, to be fair we could let him go for free.
True. But i was also adamant Nani wouldn´t join us and he did. I´m also skeptical because he said that in Portugal, he would only play for Porto. But you know how footballers change their mind.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
True. But i was also adamant Nani wouldn´t join us and he did. I´m also skeptical because he said that in Portugal, he would only play for Porto. But you know how footballers change their mind.
Do you even want him there?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Do you even want him there?
If it was the Anderson from Porto, yes. With what he has been showing at United no. Besides we are in need of a striker, at the midfield we are alright and have plenty of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.