Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

He told the Manchester Evening News: "I cannot say anything about other clubs showing an interest. I am at Manchester United and am a Manchester United player. I have to do my job here and work hard every day to make it work because that's what I want.

"I am not thinking about moving on. All I am thinking about is helping my team, my team-mates and doing the best for myself. I am a Manchester United player, I love the fans, I love the club. I love the way everyone supports the club - it is amazing. It is the best club in the world."

He added: "It is good with the new manager. I have no problems with David Moyes. He's new and it is completely different. We have to help him to be successful.
"I have played only two games this season and I tried to do my very best for the team. But it is very hard when you only play a small part now and then. But I am not unhappy. I am enjoying it and I know I will be ready whenever the manager picks me.

"I haven't spoken to David Moyes about my situation because I think I have a good situation at the moment. I love this club and I have been here for over six years.

"I am only 25 years old and I have about seven years football left in me. So I have time on my side and I am happy at Old Trafford. I had a lot of injuries last season. I have come back now to help United. I came back in pre-season and felt good and I have been fit now all season.

"I just have to wait for the moment and when it comes for me then I have to take that opportunity."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/259435.html#DhOrAymZrWbUHucC.99

adamwest

He told the Manchester Evening News: "I cannot say anything about other clubs showing an interest. I am at Manchester United and am a Manchester United player. I have to do my job here and work hard every day to make it work because that's what I want.

"I am not thinking about moving on. All I am thinking about is helping my team, my team-mates and doing the best for myself. I am a Manchester United player, I love the fans, I love the club. I love the way everyone supports the club - it is amazing. It is the best club in the world."

He added: "It is good with the new manager. I have no problems with David Moyes. He's new and it is completely different. We have to help him to be successful.
"I have played only two games this season and I tried to do my very best for the team. But it is very hard when you only play a small part now and then. But I am not unhappy. I am enjoying it and I know I will be ready whenever the manager picks me.

"I haven't spoken to David Moyes about my situation because I think I have a good situation at the moment. I love this club and I have been here for over six years.

"I am only 25 years old and I have about seven years football left in me. So I have time on my side and I am happy at Old Trafford. I had a lot of injuries last season. I have come back now to help United. I came back in pre-season and felt good and I have been fit now all season.

"I just have to wait for the moment and when it comes for me then I have to take that opportunity."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/259435.html#DhOrAymZrWbUHucC.99
feck me, he's not overly ambitious is he? Planning to retire at 32?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm sure that will be dissected and he will be criticised for it but fair play. My guess is that he's another one that felt he'd lost Ferguson's faith for whatever reason (Fergie was no doubt right) but he has a fresh chance now. I'm not expecting anything at all from him this season and I'm expecting him to be moved on in the summer but with that said I'm open to being surprised.

He could get a run of games in the next couple of weeks with the injuries we have. Let's hope he doesn't let us down.

quethenoo

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/anderson-am-not-unhappy-manchester-6324522

Anderson is determined to stick around and fight for his United future – but the Brazilian accepts he cannot wait forever.
The 25-year-old midfielder has a huge challenge on his hands to win back a place in Reds boss David Moyes’ engine room in time to make an 11th hour bid to secure an international comeback and realise a once-in-a-lifetime World Cup dream in his own country next summer.
He hasn’t featured for United since the 2-1 home defeat to West Brom in September but he certainly hasn’t fallen out of love with Old Trafford.
“I have played only two games this season and I tried to do my very best for the team. But it is very hard when you only play a small part now and then,” the South American told M.E.N Sport after a surprise visit to present a new football kit to Timperley Villa’s Under-11s squads on behalf of his lawyer, Chris Farnell of IPS Law, who are sponsoring the outfits.
“But I am not unhappy. I am enjoying it and I know I will be ready whenever the manager picks me.
“I haven’t spoken to David Moyes about my situation because I think I have a good situation at the moment. I love this club and I have been here for over six years.
“I am only 25 years old and I have about seven years football left in me. So I have time on my side and I am happy at Old Trafford.
“I had a lot of injuries last season. I have come back now to help United. I came back in pre-season and felt good and I have been fit now all season.
“I just have to wait for the moment and when it comes for me then I have to take that opportunity.”
Anderson’s absence from Moyes’ plans for the last nine matches has alerted rival clubs and it is understood there is plenty of interest in either a permanent deal or loan move away.
Sir Alex Ferguson’s former Reds number two, Rene Meulensteen, is now assistant to Martin Jol at Fulham and is thought to have urged his new boss to go for the Brazilian.
“I cannot say anything about other clubs showing an interest. I am at Manchester United and am a Manchester United player. I have to do my job here and work hard every day to make it work because that’s what I want,” Anderson added.
“I am not thinking about moving on. All I am thinking about is helping my team, my team-mates and doing the best for myself. I am a Manchester United player, I love the fans, I love the club. I love the way everyone supports the club – it is amazing. It is the best club in the world.
“It is good with the new manager. I have no problems with David Moyes. He’s new and it is completely different. We have to help him to be successful.
“Every single player wants to play every game. I am the same as all the rest. I am only 25 years old but I cannot stay one more year and not play. I need to play. But you cannot demand to play, you have to be patient and when you get your chance you have to do well.
“The club have always been nice to me but if I have to go eventually then I have to go. But I will work to do my best for United.”
Ex-manager Fergie signed Anderson in the summer of 2007 for £18m from Porto.
His initial impact was promising but knee injuries have since blighted his progress.
He signed a four and a half year contract extension in December 2010 when he was again finding form but then soon after ruptured his cruciate knee ligament.
But he believes he can reproduce the form that made him a crowd favourite in his early years in Manchester.
“It is hard to say my career here has been frustrating because when I look back, I have won every trophy available almost,” he said.
“I have won four Premier League titles, the Champions League, the FIFA Club World Cup, two League Cups... everything.
“The only thing that has been frustrating at times for me is that I have had some big injuries. I had one year that was very, very bad.
“I was just 24 when I had that bad year. So that was difficult. But I came back strong and am fit again. I am happy with that.
“I feel fit now and I just need the games. I believe that if I had games and a good run of them then I could show again the player I was in my first and second seasons at Manchester United. That was the real Anderson.”
Anderson has been the target of derision after piling on the pounds but insists he is now at his best fighting weight.
“When I had injuries I put on weight. When I don’t play because of injury it is difficult,” he admitted.
“Now I have lost the weight and everybody is looking at me and saying that I look good. I do feel good as well.
“I knew my weight wasn’t right but it was purely down to the injuries. When you have six months out, it is hard with the weight. But I lost it all in pre-season and now I am back to the playing weight I like. It is all down now to getting the games.”
With Brazil hosting the 2014 World Cup, Anderson’s ambitions are to pull on the yellow shirt he has worn eight times again next summer.
“Every player wants to be in the World Cup. It will be so nice to play in it in Brazil obviously,” said the Porto Alegre-born midfielder.
“I would be able to play close to my family. It would be the first time my family have seen me play that close to home.
“I have a chance. If I get opportunities to play for United then I think I could have an opportunity to play for Brazil in the World Cup.
“I was in the national team before my injury. It was only after that that I couldn’t get back. But I have been there once and I can make it again.”

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Think whatever you want about him as a player but it's always nice to see a player with that kind of feeling towards the club when things are not going great for them personally.

Rossa

Think whatever you want about him as a player but it's always nice to see a player with that kind of feeling towards the club when things are not going great for them personally.

Spot on. I genuinly want him to succeed, even though I realize it may be a long shot, even if he has the attributes required.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
I feel sorry for him too, but we can't keep indulging him. Our midfield is poor for a team of United's stature. We can't afford to keep an understrength midfield in the hope that Anderson will finally come good. He has had his share of bad luck with injuries but that is not a problem that is unique to him. Do you think Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and other top clubs would wait 7 years for a player to come good?

talking robot

He'll likely play in the match against Leverkusen, and maybe get a sub appearance against Cardiff. If he shows some convincing performances in those two matches, then he may get a chance to stick around a bit longer. Right now though, it looks like he's going to be on his way in January or the summer (if we fail to bring someone in in January).

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Well actually you can. For instance Kagawa has shown in a few minutes playing behind the striker what he's all about. If Anderson gave a sniff of being able to unlock a tight defence, great movement, goals or well, anything except a few passes left and right and lots of fluffed shots which is what we got when he played off the striker, he'd have proven that he was a genuine option in that role. He hasnt shown enough to suggest he's an attacker and thats why he's been played in central midfield 90% of the time. He's also had years of training to show that he's actually able to do something in the final third and hasnt convinced Sir Alex, Brazil coaches or David Moyes that he should be playing there. In fact Brazil used him even deeper than we do at United, before deciding the likes of Lucas are much better players
How good would Kagawa be off the striker after playing 3 years at left-back, for example? You don't think he'd be worse than what he is now?

You totally missed the point of my post. Anderson became a worse player at United. Trying him occasionally in a more forward role after years of a failed conversion attempt isn't going to erase the harm done or show a glimpse of old Anderson. He lost ability and confidence.

He showed sniffs of being able to unlock tight defences plenty of times before going to United. In fact, that was his role at Grémio, Porto, and Brazil U's. He never played at anywhere resembling CM before going to United. He was always a final third player.

Are you suggesting you put a player in CM 90% of the time because he was shit up front? How would that help the team or the player? What a ridiculous logic. If you buy a shitty striker will you put him at CB if he fails to score goals?

That wasn't what happened anyway. He was bought as a CM alternative, probably made most of his training geared towards becoming better at that position, was played there the vast majority of the times. This proved to be a wrong option in the end. And it wasn't such a big surprise to the ones who've seen him play regularly before that.

SAF may have made few glaring mistakes considering the length of his career, but this was clearly one of them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's a shame because he's probably "too old" for that sort of move for his development and we're too light in his position so it would be daft but the best thing that could happen for him is a year loan at a club below his level.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
How good would Kagawa be off the striker after playing 3 years at left-back, for example? You don't think he'd be worse than what he is now?

You totally missed the point of my post. Anderson became a worse player at United. Trying him occasionally in a more forward role after years of a failed conversion attempt isn't going to erase the harm done or show a glimpse of old Anderson. He lost ability and confidence.

He showed sniffs of being able to unlock tight defences plenty of times before going to United. In fact, that was his role at Grémio, Porto, and Brazil U's. He never played at anywhere resembling CM before going to United. He was always a final third player.

Are you suggesting you put a player in CM 90% of the time because he was shit up front? How would that help the team or the player? What a ridiculous logic. If you buy a shitty striker will you put him at CB if he fails to score goals?

That wasn't what happened anyway. He was bought as a CM alternative, probably made most of his training geared towards becoming better at that position, was played there the vast majority of the times. This proved to be a wrong option in the end. And it wasn't such a big surprise to the ones who've seen him play regularly before that.

SAF may have made few glaring mistakes considering the length of his career, but this was clearly one of them.
Not far from the truth, I'd say. SAF was always a bit of an oddball when it came to central midfield matters - he tried more than once to convert a more attacking player into a CM. It worked wonders with Scholes. Not so much with Smith. And not so much with Ando. To me Ando has never looked like he had the basic awareness required of a CM - positionally, I mean. And that becomes an even bigger problem in a midfield two, of course. The purchase in itself was a gamble in this sense, not least because what looked like Ando's natural position at the time was one best suited to a set-up we have rarely used. I guess SAF saw him as a future CM right away - or that he simply bought him because he looked like he had something (which was something SAF did on several occasions - buy the player for the sheer talent, worry about where to play him later).

Eric'sCollar

I know it has proven to be too few and too far between but some fans still refuse to recognise important performances like that. He has, over the years, proven to be a decent squad member. Forget about the expectations we had for him and his price tag and when you look at him as a squad player, it's games and moments in a season like that where you have to say he has been a valuable member. I mean if he was as shit as some make out, any team in a European semi final would have been able to take advantage, yet he took it to them.

I will always be a defender of Anderson but agree that his time is up (when a replacement is signed and moved above him in the pecking order).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I know it has proven to be too few and too far between but some fans still refuse to recognise important performances like that. He has, over the years, proven to be a decent squad member. Forget about the expectations we had for him and his price tag and when you look at him as a squad player, it's games and moments in a season like that where you have to say he has been a valuable member. I mean if he was as shit as some make out, any team in a European semi final would have been able to take advantage, yet he took it to them.

I will always be a defender of Anderson but agree that his time is up (when a replacement is signed and moved above him in the pecking order).
Aye - and he scored a certain penalty in a certain match of some importance too, if memory serves. If nothing else, he'll be remembered for that one: Ice cold he was, for a lad that young.

Nathan

I want him to stay and fight for his place. He brings about an energy and drive to the midfield. I would play him ahead of Fellaini.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Watching Valencia, Nani and Anderson in that video makes their current form seem even more frustrating. Valencia in particular, completely different player back then
Completely agree. It's so frustrating to see them out of shape and form when we know what they are capable of. Ando can easily be our mf driving force if he can stays injury free and in shape, it's just a shame he can't be without a couple of BigMacs for more then a month :-(

Salfordlad70

Just a thought...What if Anderson went on loan and played regularly and hit form.Would anyone like him to return for another shot or is it best he is moved on, regardless of whether any loan deal is a success, or should he be sold and no loan deal at all? It would be interesting to see him at Fulham and play every week from now until the end of the season.

MoneyMay

Watching Valencia, Nani and Anderson in that video makes their current form seem even more frustrating. Valencia in particular, completely different player back then

Nani was very good in that game, too. He was explosive down the left and put in some decent balls. Gibson had his best game for us. Draxler even played against us, which I didn't know. More importantly, Anderson playing in a 2-1 midfield system, or a 1-2, means that he's covered by an extra man. He doesn't have to worry much about his positional sense - he had a similar, though less effective, performance against Arsenal a few months earlier in that season.

Ringo 07

Anderson should have appeared in the 'super size me' documentary....basically about fat people who survived from eating nothing but McDonalds for 3 months

Eric'sCollar

Aye - and he scored a certain penalty in a certain match of some importance too, if memory serves. If nothing else, he'll be remembered for that one: Ice cold he was, for a lad that young.
First touch as well if I remember correctly. He came on for Brown in the last minute of extra time. The pressure on him would have been immense, especially as he was the one after the Terry slip, when he scored, you just knew we had won it.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
We want you to stay
We want you to staaaayyy
You fat useless bastard
We want you to stay

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think he deserves a run to be honest. What have Cleverley and Fellaini done to get a chance over him at this point?

Sam

The longer he doesn't play, either due to injury or just not being picked, the higher his stock rises on this forum. It was the same with Hargreaves.

The fact that Cleverley and Fellaini have been crap, and yet still get picked over Ando, tells you everything you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.