Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Id like to see Anderson get a run alongside Fletcher in central midfield give them a run together and see how they go, think thats our best centre midfield partnership potentially...Carricks form for a while now just hasnt been good enough....
For the league yes, I do think however in big games away from home, Carricks presence as that intelligent sitting midfielder is vital.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
For the league yes, I do think however in big games away from home, Carricks presence as that intelligent sitting midfielder is vital.
Yeah its a bit of a given in europe we'll play 4-5-1 with that 3 man tight central midfield unit weve somewhat perfected in european football, Carrick will obviously start in those games but in the league id love to see a Fletcher/Anderson combination given a run, lots of energy both box to box types of players wholl add to both the attacking and defensive aspects of our game...and honestly i think Anderson will develop into a much better midfielder than Carrick in a few years so its worth giving him the match time especially with Carrick playing well below par this season.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Carrick is essential in European games for me. Anderson should play more in the league. I remember us having this conversation a while ago.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yeah its a bit of a given in europe we'll play 4-5-1 with that 3 man tight central midfield unit weve somewhat perfected in european football, Carrick will obviously start in those games but in the league id love to see a Fletcher/Anderson combination given a run, lots of energy both box to box types of players wholl add to both the attacking and defensive aspects of our game...and honestly i think Anderson will develop into a much better midfielder than Carrick in a few years so its worth giving him the match time especially with Carrick playing well below par this season.
Carrick is essential in European games for me. Anderson should play more in the league. I remember us having this conversation a while ago.
Agreed.

Gambit

Here's my thinking towards Anderson. Eventually this lad will run the midfield for us. He has shown his energy for helping in defence and he provides his best creation on the right wing. His shooting still leaves a lot to be desired but that will improve. He shows sides of an Edgar Davids style player who can harass the opposition into making mistakes. He can cross the ball superbly.

The one area that everyone complains about are his hollywood balls. Now In pre season it looked like it would work well with Owen, a striker who hung off the shoulder of the last defender. Owen does'nt start enough though for it to work. The only other player in the team who can deliver these types of balls is Carrick, unfortuanetly for him there's no Ronaldo to get the ball to. Carrick is not having the best of seasons let's face it.
With the signing of Owen and now Diouf (blessed are we). We are obviously looking as a team for this type off goal threat as an option. Carrick though is not delivering. Anderson still has to learn, obviously when players say they try to learn from their respective seniors in the team, Anderson is trying to add this to his game. Surely now it's time for Anderson to start getting a run in the team to implement this style of play.

He will improve in his Hollywood ball technique when there are players there to receive and bring it to fruition. Carrick is struggling to adjust and I can't see him improving as a player. Anderson is still young. Has the energy to bound around the midfield and is still as they say learning. Now must surely be the time to let him have his run of games, especially with the City match approaching where we can experiment and give Berbasex his needed rest for his knee, and make Owen or Diouf (blessed we are) partner Rooney up front and add another dimension to our play.

Allforone

Here's my thinking towards Anderson. Eventually this lad will run the midfield for us. He has shown his energy for helping in defence and he provides his best creation on the right wing. His shooting still leaves a lot to be desired but that will improve. He shows sides of an Edgar Davids style player who can harass the opposition into making mistakes. He can cross the ball superbly.

The one area that everyone complains about are his hollywood balls. Now In pre season it looked like it would work well with Owen, a striker who hung off the shoulder of the last defender. Owen does start enough though for it to work. The only other player in the team who can deliver these types of balls is Carrick, unfortuanetly for him there's no Ronaldo to get the ball to. Carrick is not having the best of seasons let's face it.
With the signing of Owen and now Diouf (blessed are we). We are obviously looking as a team for this type off goal threat as an option. Carrick though is not delivering. Anderson still has to learn, obviously when players say they try to learn from their respective seniors in the team, Anderson is trying to add this to his game. Surely now it's time for Anderson to start getting a run in the team to implement this style of play.

He will improve in his Hollywood ball technique when there are players there to receive and bring it to fruition. Carrick is struggling to adjust and I can't see him improving as a player. Anderson is still young. Has the energy to bound around the midfield and is still as they say learning. Now must surely be the time to let him have his run of games, especially with the City match approaching where we can experiment and give Berbasex his needed rest for his knee, and make Owen or Diouf (blessed we are) partner Rooney up front and add another dimension to our play.

Fecking hell i aint reading all that!

Gambit

Ok would you agree that Carrick is at his peak as a player? Would you agree that Anderson, once he gets consistency to his game, his willingness to adapt and his already obvious talents could mean we have a player that can do the jobs of Fletcher (stopping the other teams flow), Scholes with his sublime link up play with our forwards, and Carricks quarterback (Veron style) deep passing to our wingers in space. Would you agree that Anderson in 2 years time could do all this. He needs his time though on the pitch. Surely it's tme he got his run of games?

Allforone

On a serious note i agree with the essence of what your saying there gambs and echo the sentiments, for me Anderson gets to much unwarranted stick on here for these 'hollywood passes' which in my view is entirely unfair, those passes show a willingness to really cause some damage to the opposition, it shows hes got a great deal of vision and always looking to be positive with his play rather than 90% of the time playing it safe ala Carrick which I like to see….hes not just looking to side foot the ball backwards/sidways and such like across 5 yards and have a nice looking passing success rate come the end of the match (that on or two on here seem to get wet over), hes looking to play passes that will actually make the difference where it matters hence why many of them wont come off as theirs a far greater degree of difficulty attached to them...but give me 1 out of 6 of those killer balls that could actually end up winning us the game over 60 or 70 backwards sideways backwards again 5 yarders that i think really whilst looking good on the statistical side of the game don’t do a lot for our attacking play...

Im all for Anderson being let of the leash and making these passes, i don’t want to see such a talent with clearly a lot of vision simply turned into another play it safe kind of player as i dont think that would do him or his ability justice, hes got so much talent that he needs to be given license to express that be it in a 4-4-2 or whatever system is designated before the match.…

I don’t wish this to sound like an attack on Carrick as its really not hes done very well since we signed him and played key roles in the earlier seasons he was with us and still clearly has a role to play in European matches especially…. i just think now with Anderson progressing its time to give him a run and aid that development with needed match time....Carricks form is hardly breathtaking right now as it is nor has it been all season so there’s certainly nothing in my view thats already in the team you’d call immovable by way of stopping Anderson forging his way into that side and getting his run.

Allforone

Ok would you agree that Carrick is at his peak as a player? Would you agree that Anderson, once he gets consistency to his game, his willingness to adapt and his already obvious talents could mean we have a player that can do the jobs of Fletcher (stopping the other teams flow), Scholes with his sublime link up play with our forwards, and Carricks quarterback (Veron style) deep passing to our wingers in space. Would you agree that Anderson in 2 years time could do all this. He needs his time though on the pitch. Surely it's tme he got his run of games?

Yes to all of that some of which ive eluded to in my last post.

Gambit

On a serious note i agree with the essence of what your saying there gambs and echo the sentiments, for me Anderson gets to much unwarranted stick on here for these 'hollywood passes' which in my view is entirely unfair, those passes show a willingness to really cause some damage to the opposition, it shows hes got a great deal of vision and always looking to be positive with his play rather than 90% of the time playing it safe ala Carrick which I like to see….hes not just looking to side foot the ball backwards/sidways and such like across 5 yards and have a nice looking passing success rate come the end of the match (that on or two on here seem to get wet over), hes looking to play passes that will actually make the difference where it matters hence why many of them wont come off as theirs a far greater degree of dutifully attached to them...but give me 1 out of 6 of those killer balls that could actually end up winning us the game over 60 to 70 backwards sideways backwards again 5 yarders that i think really whilst looking good on the statistical side of the game don’t do a lot for our attacking play...

Im all for Anderson being let of the leash and making these passes, i don’t want to see such a talent with clearly a lot of vision simply turned into another play it safe kind of player as i dont think that would do him or his ability justice, hes got so much talent that he needs to be given license to express that be it in a 4-4-2 or whatever system is designated before the match.…

I don’t wish this to sound like an attack on Carrick as its really not hes done very well since we signed him and played key roles in the earlier seasons he was with us and still clearly has a role to play in European matches especially…. i just think now with Anderson progressing its time to give him a run and aid that development with needed match time....Carricks form is hardly breathtaking right now as it is nor has it been all season so there’s certainly nothing in my view thats already in the team you’d call immovable by way of stopping Anderson forging his way into that side and getting his run.
Exactly we've got a league cup game coming up against City, Berbs obviously needs a rest. So obviously it's Owen or Diouf to partner Rooney. The League cup, whilst a trophy isn't as importaant as making the top 2. Time to allow some experimentation, and get Anderson partnering Fletcher and try this more direct style of play. When it works, we can then do the same for lower league opposition when it's not as important to play Berbatov who is obviously a bit crocked at the moment. Let the consistency build and then we will have a true plan B.

Allforone

Exactly we've got a league cup game coming up against City, Berbs obviously needs a rest. So obviously it's Owen or Diouf to partner Rooney. The League cup, whilst a trophy isn't as importaant as making the top 2. Time to allow some experimentation, and get Anderson partnering Fletcher and try this more direct style of play. When it works, we can then do the same for lower league opposition when it's not as important to play Berbatov who is obviously a bit crocked at the moment. Let the consistency build and then we will have a true plan B.

Yep think thats the right way to go, we certainly need to start getting some continuity to our central midfield selection i think, i cant remember the last time we had the same midfield pairing for 2 succesive matches! which is pretty alarming really as its a key area of the pitch that we could do with getting a settled pairing in....Fletch and Anderson need a run and no better place to start than at city midweek.

Hope Diouf gets a start alongside Rooney midweek to...:drool:

Gambit

Yep think thats the right way to go, we certainly need to start getting some continuity to our central midfield selection i think, i cant remember the last time we had the same midfield pairing for 2 succesive matches! which is pretty alarming really as its a key area of the pitch that we could do with getting a settled pairing in....Fletch and Anderson need a run and no better place to start than at city midweek.

Hope Diouf gets a start alongside Rooney midweek to...:drool:
Indeed :drool: Brings a versatility to our play we've not had for a while. Get Anderson doing the Hollywood passes, one of them will pick them up.

Gambit

Exactly, if at first he dont succed...wait what am i saying! with Diouf up top how can he not succed!...the mans like a human magnet whereby the ball just obeys his greatness!
Anderson and Diouf, the new Beckham and Ruud.

jrsenior

When playing FM I always struggle to name my United midfield, for every fecking game.
You really want to play Fletcher, Andersons drive, Carrick provides something different, Scholes creativity could be missed.
feck, I dont envy SAF, someone`going to be disappointed no matter what.

johnmufc

Cringeworthy locations lads. I think I may make my own. :smirk:

But seriously, Anderson is not ready to be first choice. He's not even been good this season. You say Carrick hasn't been good, well, maybe he hasn't but after Fletcher, he's been our best midfielder. Anderson has a lot of work to do. He does not have the defensive ability nor does he have the cutting edge attacking-wise to justify him playing week in, week out for Manchester United.

Gambit

When playing FM I always struggle to name my United midfield, for every fecking game.
You really want to play Fletcher, Andersons drive, Carrick provides something different, Scholes creativity could be missed.
feck, I dont envy SAF, someone`going to be disappointed no matter what.
Carrick.

Allforone

But seriously, Anderson is not ready to be first choice. He's not even been good this season. You say Carrick hasn't been good, well, maybe he hasn't but after Fletcher, he's been our best midfielder. Anderson has a lot of work to do. He does not have the defensive ability nor does he have the cutting edge attacking-wise to justify him playing week in, week out for Manchester United.

Come on admit it..you like em just a teeny weeny bit?

Gambit

Anderson has played great unfortuanetly the majority of the time he's had to be alongside Gibson who could be another Fletcher in terms of development. Anderson has had to pick up a lot of defensive flack. All I'm saying is with the lague cup game coming up, it's time to try something different. I believe it will give us something different that we haven't had for 4 - 5 years. When it works, we'll then actually have a true plan-B

johnmufc

Come on admit it..you like em just a teeny weeny bit?
I prefer mine. :)

Anderson has played great unfortuanetly the majority of the time he's had to be alongside Gibson who coould be another Fletcher in terms of development. All I'm saying is with the lague cup game coming up, it's time to try something different. I believe it will give us something different that we haven't had for 4 - 5 years. When it works, we'll then actually have a true plan-B
Yeah fair enough. A lot of Anderson's worst performances have come alongside Gibson - a midfield combination that clearly doesn't work. So I guess he hasn't been too bad. Still, he has been inconsistent.

I thought this post was quite good:

Allforone

Anderson has played great unfortuanetly the majority of the time he's had to be alongside Gibson who could be another Fletcher in terms of development. Anderson has had to pick up a lot of defensive flack. All I'm saying is with the lague cup game coming up, it's time to try something different. I believe it will give us something different that we haven't had for 4 - 5 years. When it works, we'll then actually have a true plan-B

Yup and it also for me comes down to the simple fact Anderson will develop into a better player than Carrick quite comfortably in the next few years with the ability to become one of the leading midfield players in Europe something Carrick will never be im afriad....his potential far outways Carricks performances as a just reason to keep him in the team....

Allforone

Persoanlly i think if Hargreaves comes back and reproduces his early form for us and the form for England that ultimatly made us part with so much money for him Carrick could well find himself quite far down the pecking order before to long unless he gets his shit together.

Fletcher's Jilted Lover

He's the man!
Persoanlly i think if Hargreaves comes back and reproduces his early form for us and the form for England that ultimatly made us part with so much money for him Carrick could well find himself quite far down the pecking order before to long unless he gets his shit together.
Carrick is still Fergusons number one midfielder. So I doubt that. It will be Anderson that finds himself further down the pecking order, unfortunately.

Gambit

Carrick is still Fergusons number one midfielder. So I doubt that. It will be Anderson that finds himself further down the pecking order, unfortunately.
I bet you'll be changing your tune soon.

Allforone

Honestly dont think thatll be the case, if Anderson gets a run and takes his chance alongside a competent midfield partner ala Fletcher then i think Carrick will be the one to suffer as a result...of course thats dependent on Anderson being given a run in the team which he hasnt had of yet and when he has gotten in hes been played alongside that donkey Gibson which is effectly playing in midfield all on your own!

johnmufc

Agreed.

To the Anderson fanboys, can you ever see him putting in a performance as good as this? So much for owning Fabregas... Carrick completely destroyed the entire Arsenal team. :drool:

25 seconds into the second video. :drool:

Godfather

Agreed.

To the Anderson fanboys, can you ever see him putting in a performance as good as this? So much for owning Fabregas... Carrick completely destroyed the entire Arsenal team. :drool:

good OLD days

Gambit

Agreed.

Yeah but that was yesterday. Carrick at his peak. He will be great reproducing that, but he'll never exceed his performance against Roma. It's time to look for that player who can improve upon it and in this squad the only one with the potential is Anderson. Time to look to the future John. Relax those Carrick specs. The time is upon you.

Fletcher's Jilted Lover

He's the man!
I bet you'll be changing your tune soon.
Which part do you disagree with my friend? Carrick is still Fergusons go to midfielder regardless of his poor form this season.

Honestly dont think thatll be the case, if Anderson gets a run and takes his chance alongside a competent midfield partner ala Fletcher then i think Carrick will be the one to suffer as a result...of course thats dependent on Anderson ebing given a run in the team which he hasnt had of yet and when he has gotten in hes been played alongside that donkey Gibson.
The same Anderson that may get a run in the time that finds himself behind benched for the past it Scholes? The same Anderson that finds himself behind the pasty Scot in the pecking order?

Anderson and Carrick should have been given the chance to develop a partnership all season, but the constant rotation has stopped them doing just that.

Our midfield is weak with Fletcher, and will always be weak with him in it, so he is a no go. I'm surprised you haven't realised playing Fletcher is part of the problem, AFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.