5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Kostov

No they do not mean the same thing.

DDG has easily been replaced. Onana is not crap, he hasn't covered himself in glory. But, just have a look at the stats and performance metrics. Aside from camera saves. He's not been markedly worse than DDG in any area.
Transform the transitions of a team that relies on fast transitions to create most of it attacking intent I think is pretty close to being the same.

And he has been absolute crap and markedly worse than DDG in most areas, bar the nutcase moments in which he thinks he is Higuita. And if you meant this is some easy fix of a replacement, than fair play he has been an easy replacement and how all but kicked us out of CL football single handedly.

lex talionis

Oh we are just making things up now.
Are we better either defensively or offensively this season compared to last season? No, we are not. We are in fact worse in every aspect of play this season.

Why that’s the case is complicated and is not attributable to one player, but it is undeniably the case that we are weaker in every aspect of play this season, including goalkeeper play.

hobbers

He's due a game in Europe where he doesnt just throw the ball into his own net a handful of times.

SER19

Transform the transitions of a team that relies on fast transitions to create most of it attacking intent I think is pretty close to being the same.

And he has been absolute crap and markedly worse than DDG in most areas, bar the nutcase moments in which he thinks he is Higuita. And if you meant this is some easy fix of a replacement, than fair play he has been an easy replacement and how all but kicked us out of CL football single handedly.
To be fair, some of de geas mistakes in europe in recent years have been as bad. Absolute howler in Nou Camp, worse away at Seville in semi final last year. In the league watford, city, brentford x2 - chelsea in cup semi final. These are off the top of my head an all in recent years. For spain he was even worse. Not just could have done better moments, true howlers.

I loved de gea, but he 100% had to go. Onana's CL performances have been dreadful of course. In the league I cant think of any very bad mistakes? And we will hopefully see the benefits of a confident passer when he has bally playing defenders in front of him more consistently. No way was the plan for us to go long as often as we do.

sugar_kane

Ten Hag has made a big mistake doubling down on this guy. He should have either dropped him for a couple of games, or at the very least played Bayindir in the League Cup under the guise of rotation.

Now we've got a keeper who is a liability, who it would be massive news to drop, and no reliable deputy to step in.

Oh also, De Gea isn't the answer. Unless we're travelling back in time to 2017.

Oranges038

"If you put a keeper who is competent on the ball and a midfielder who can control and pass a ball properly, it would totally transform this teams abiltiy to transition the ball out of defence."

Transitioning the ball out of defence and into midfield in the build up phase, is what I was talking about. Nowhere have I mentioned the attack or anything about the attack or transitions in attack.

How is it even close to being the same thing?

As for the bolded, check the stats and performance metrics. He really hasn't been significantly worse at all. How many times has DDG got the team knocked out of Europe of cup competitions with stupid mistakes?

This is just like last season when people were adamant that DDG was still the best GK in the world, when every performance metric had him as being a below average PL keeper for a number of years. It doesn't add up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
"If you put a keeper who is competent on the ball and a midfielder who can control and pass a ball properly, it would totally transform this teams abiltiy to transition the ball out of defence."

Transitioning the ball out of defence and into midfield in the build up phase, is what I was talking about. Nowhere have I mentioned the attack or anything about the attack or transitions in attack.

How is it even close to being the same thing?

As for the bolded, check the stats and performance metrics. He really hasn't been significantly worse at all. How many times has DDG got the team knocked out of Europe of cup competitions with stupid mistakes?

This is just like last season when people were adamant that DDG was still the best GK in the world, when every performance metric had him as being a below average PL keeper for a number of years. It doesn't add up.
I mean, it does add up. These are the same people.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I like him, I desperately want him to do well, but does he have the absolute basic keeper skills? He needs a good CL performance tonight.

FerociousCorgis

with how this season is going fully expect to be up late and he allows a howler to cost us the win as we watch the other game end in a draw, finishing our last place triumph in the group when we shouldve been thru easily.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's awful and unlike most Youtube clips, we can't play the 'clips-have-been-heavily-edited-to-suit-an-agenda' card. These are the goals he has conceded, in half a season no less, and they make him look like shit.
Its the sort of clip that would be embarrassing for an entire career, never mind just 4 months.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I like him, I desperately want him to do well, but does he have the absolute basic keeper skills? He needs a good CL performance tonight.
Unfortunately, we are nearing the point where 90 minutes without a blunder will be received as a good performance.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's awful and unlike most Youtube clips, we can't play the 'clips-have-been-heavily-edited-to-suit-an-agenda' card. These are the goals he has conceded, in half a season no less, and they make him look like shit.
Of course it’s heavily edited. It’s the equivalent of a season summary for a striker showing only the shots they put wide. Haaland would look like a pub footballer if someone ever made that edit.

Showing a compilation of shots flying past a goalkeeper makes any keeper look bad. As they look incapable of saving the football. Throw in some legitimate howlers and a few saves where he could have done better and it’s a train wreck. And let’s not pretend he’s the only keeper who’s let in soft goals this season.

He may or may not be good enough for us. He’s had a poor start to his United career. But a compilation like that is a dog shit way to analyse any goalkeeper.

USREDEVIL

Some bad ones in there but plenty of bad defending too. But so far i do not think he's good enough. That said he's also made some top saves.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Some of those goals featured shouldn't be there (the third goal against Arsenal for example)

That said, it appears he has the same problem Kepa had at Chelsea where shots were bouncing off/under his hands
And the ones from preseason...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Statistically(opta via fbref) he's the 6th best shot stopper in the PL. And the second worst in the CL

Last season he was subpar in the league and the best in CL

Guess he just can't do both