Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The save in the first half was immense. I'm probably being harsh but I think he should do better on Diaz goal. It seemed to be right there to palm away
I dunno about that - Diaz was like a yard away, and also Dalot was sort of in the way.Not much you can do about that apart from get lucky and hope it hits you.

That save was immense though, best he's done in a one vs. one all season.

Bobski

He has been fine after a dodgy first couple of months. I think getting fitter has helped, looked a bit heavy and cumbersome to start the season, could see the impact on him trying to get to low shots. Add that to his unorthodox technique and it was a bad spell.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
People are quick to ridicule players but not give credit when they do well. Weird mentality to have against your own team
The one-eyed agendas people have against some of our own players are insane.

There was a period in the the first half (during which we couldn't string three passes together and Liverpool had something like 15 shots to our zero), where it seemed like half the posts in the match thread where whingeing about the fecking goalkeeper, of all things.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I dunno about that - Diaz was like a yard away, and also Dalot was sort of in the way.Not much you can do about that apart from get lucky and hope it hits you.

If Diaz had caught it properly it would probably have been saved but the mishit bounced it in off a wet and slippery pitch makes it much harder to save

arnie_ni

Its the expectation from DdG holding over. Those reflex saves like that was what set him apart and I sometimes struggling separating that.

BorisManUtd

Happy to see he's improving lately. Think he should've done better on Gallagher's early goal vs Chelsea but other than that he's been good.

Lu Tze

Man must be having nightmares playing behind our comical defensive structure, after playing for Inter. If only we had half of their organisation.

lex talionis

Has become the sure thing in defense. The back line is no friend of Onana but the man has finally settled in very nicely.

lost7

I was done with him after he single handedly crashed us out of the champions league, but fair play to him, he's been one of the better players since the start of 2024. I still think he's not an elite shot stopper, but mentally he seems very strong and that goes far away for a Manchester United keeper

criticalanalysis

Its the expectation from DdG holding over. Those reflex saves like that was what set him apart and I sometimes struggling separating that.
I think it's fine to question whether he could have saved the first goal because watching it live, I did think a big 'hmmm'. However, don't let Dave's yesteryears cloud your judgement because whilst he was incredible for that period, his last 3-4 years were extremely dodgy. He palmed in or let shot slip under him with alarming regularity.

Oranges038

Watched ths highlights again earlier, that save from Soloboloozzlalali was excellent. Not sure he knew much about it, but it was big strong hand and he did brilliantly to narrow the angle and make himself big.

arnie_ni

Watched ths highlights again earlier, that save from Soloboloozzlalali was excellent. Not sure he knew much about it, but it was big strong hand and he did brilliantly to narrow the angle and make himself big.
it was fantastic, especially when you consider he has been v.poor vs 1 v 1s this season

QuietOn Fortune

Did anyone think Liverpool's first goal bu Luiz was saveable by Onana?

He had a good game but i dont think from the position he was in that Liverpool's first goal was impossible to save. It wasn't exactly a super powerful shot either.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Did anyone think Liverpool's first goal bu Luiz was saveable by Onana?

He had a good game but i dont think from the position he was in that Liverpool's first goal was impossible to save. It wasn't exactly a super powerful shot either.
Wasn't really saveable unless he had happened to have his body / hands / arms already in a position to block the shot. It was a little too quick for a reaction save.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's turned out to be a very good buy so far, actually. Shaky start and cost us CL but has improved massively since and has been one of the most steady, reliable goalkeepers in the league.

AndySmith1990

Could we do better? Sure. But he's better than what we had before. If we could say that about every signing we make then we'd have a much better team than we do

Litch

Held to a higher account than any other players first season....

izzydiggler

He’s improved but he just doesn’t convince me at all. It’s not even mistakes or being at fault for goals - it’s every aspect of his game seems uncomfortable and on the verge of falling apart.

i just don't think he’s a good,keeper.