Squad Number: #24
Player Agent: Goal Management
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2028
Contract Option: Club Option 1 year
Outfitter: Adidas​

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Calling it now, he will assist Rashford or one of our attackers for a goal next season. But, also I feel that he will be prone to a few blunders with how he plays. Won't be surprised if he cost us a few goals as well because of his risk taking at the back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Calling it now, he will assist Rashford or one of our attackers for a goal next season. But, also I feel that he will be prone to a few blunders with how he plays. Won't be surprised if he cost us a few goals as well because of his risk taking at the back.
Us? Get to feck

Crimson King

You can say that about any keeper you wally!

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Let me have my comment on the first page for easier reference.
He will be a star in the making. Him and Martinez with those line breaking passes it will be a huge step in attaining game control easily.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He will make mistakes this season. Let’s not jump on him when he does. It’s the nature of the way he plays.

Very exciting to finally have a bold, ball-playing keeper.

crossy1686

career ending
He will make mistakes this season. Let’s not jump on him when he does. It’s the nature of the way he plays.

I’ll take a £10 bet per month that he doesn’t make a mistake that leads to a goal from an individual error. Very happy he’s here.

Nickelodeon

Excited to see a confident, cocky goalkeeper. Hopefully, the mistake to positive contribution ratio will ultimately be in his favour.

Stadjer

It certainly wont be boring with him in goal! Looking forward to it. I didnt dislike de Gea but i do like that i dont have to be worried anymore when a ball is played back to the GK now.

tomaldinho1

He'll score from a GK first game and lift up his top to reveal a t-shirt with his true identity written on it:

Goldtrafford

Dempsey19

Yup for sure. We have seen Allison and Ederson both have horror moments.

saik

Best goalkeeper out there that we could have got. Very happy with this. Hopefully we can finally move on from the days when we would shit our pants if someone pressed our GK.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
And yet every mistake De Gea made meant he was a terrible keeper and a liability to the team. No, I think we do jump on him and demand better. It’s the United (fan base) way. I expect a ‘We are never going to win anything with Onana in goal’ thread within half an hour of his first game. :p

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Shame we're going to lose him for a few months during AFCON

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
And yet every mistake De Gea made meant he was a terrible keeper and a liability to the team. No, I think we do jump on him and demand better. It’s the United (fan base) way. I expect a ‘We are never going to win anything with Onana in goal’ thread within half an hour of his first game. :p
de Gea made mistakes trying to be that ball playing GK though. He couldn’t even do it the majority of the time. If Onana makes us play through the press so much easier and plays amazing with his feet we should be able to forgive the odd mistake because it’s a risky style of play. De Gea was risk averse and still made mistakes.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
de Gea made mistakes trying to be that ball playing GK though. He couldn’t even do it the majority of the time. If Onana makes us play through the press so much easier and plays amazing with his feet we should be able to forgive the odd mistake because it’s a risky style of play. De Gea was risk averse and still made mistakes.
Onana scares the bejebus out of me the way he takes on attackers and you know it’ll be fecking Haaland or Nunez who robs him and scores, and we’ll never hear the end of it!! :rolleyes:

RedDevil@84

In last several years, I have toned down my expectations for any new signing. So hope it works wonderfully well.

December_16

Onana scares the bejebus out of me the way he takes on attackers and you know it’ll be fecking Haaland or Nunez who robs him and scores, and we’ll never hear the end of it!! :rolleyes:
Or… or… hear me out… he doesn’t, and it will be a great time all the time!

Borussia Teeth

Is it confirmed that he'll be number 24? I'm not a fan of weird numbers but whatever floats his boat.

I can't remember the last time we had a back 5 with no glaring holes in it.

RedOrange

Or… or… hear me out… he doesn’t, and it will be a great time all the time!
There are a few De Gea fanboys who are definitely going to be all over Onana whether he make mistakes or not. Best just to put them on ignore and move on.