5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not at all. What I’m suggesting is that the notion that Onana was ever going to transform our attack, which was repeatedly pitched as the justification for getting rid of De Gea, was daft. Onana clearly is better on the ball than De Gea, but our attack was no more effective than last season. That’s not Onana’s fault in the least. All things being equal, you’ll always take superior footwork from a keeper, but we downgraded shot-stopping ability while we upgraded footwork that made no difference in our ability to control midfield or create chances on goal.
Why does it always end up back here? :lol:

lex talionis

Why does it always end up back here? :lol:
Because it’s important to understand why we brought in Onana. This argument was all the rage at this time last year, with no thought whatsoever given to the primary attribute required of any top keeper…shot-stopping.

PoTMS

This fecking clown is one of the biggest reasons the season went tits up and ultimately the manager losing his job. Fecking idiot put in the worst Champions League keeping campaign of all time.

Stadjer

I thought he had an very good to excellent game. Good saves, good in the box but unfortunatly he did let in a weak goal again. So in the end i dont think you can rate his game as great because of that...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That left handed save from Walker was superb. Shame about the goal but he did well throughout. As did the whole team. He's a character.

daveskimufc

I'm sure he will be No1 next year but what other club would accept a GK who for every 10 saves, throws one in

Doracle

Seems a great guy and makes some top saves at times but those soft goals he lets in feel like that they will stop him from being good enough at top level.

The Hilton

Thought he was really good apart from the one howler, so I suppose it somewhat balances out.

Amira

Too many mistakes in him for me. I like his personality but we need better. I would prioritize other positions but we would need to improve upon him soon.

Pickle85

Could have been man of the match aside from the goal, overall pretty good.
Sorry, but no. Made one very good save, one dodgy punch when he should have caught a cross, and am awful error which was the goal. He was otherwise fine. It was a 6/10 performance at best.

lex talionis

It sucks at times to be a keeper. One mistake and that dominates discussion. It was a bad mistake but apart from the mistake he had a very good game.

CloneMC16

That left handed save from Walker was superb. Shame about the goal but he did well throughout. As did the whole team. He's a character.
The Walker save was incredible. Needed an extremely strong hand to keep that out.

Real shame about the one he let in. Apart from that, he had a very good performance, but that's mainly what we will end up discussing.

Idxomer

He has so much of what we need from a modern keeper but unfortunately, he always has a mistake in him.

Pickle85

It sucks at times to be a keeper. One mistake and that dominates discussion. It was a bad mistake but apart from the mistake he had a very good game.
I don't want to be argumentative but how was he 'very good'? His distribution was ok, made one very good save and pretty much everything else aside from the mistake was forgettable.

Tony247

Good but we got to get a better, consistently reliable keeper next season

MDFC Manager

Watched the ball the entire way for their goal and still let it in. He's not the right keeper for an ambitious team. If we aren't ambitious, we can keep him i suppose.

lex talionis

I don't want to be argumentative but how was he 'very good'? His distribution was ok, made one very good save and pretty much everything else aside from the mistake was forgettable.
His distribution was better than ok, the very good save was actually a great save.

My anti-Onana credentials are well established here, but when the man has a good game apart from a bad mistake — which I acknowledge is somewhat like asking Mrs. Lincoln what she thought of the play — it has to be called as it is.

Danny

Quality today. Some of the high claims were brilliant too. Small error for the goal but he was brilliant

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes was good today for most of the game. But he has an error in him as he again showed today.

Pickle85

His distribution was better than ok, the very good save was actually a great save.

My anti-Onana credentials are well established here, but when the man has a good game apart from a bad mistake — which I acknowledge is somewhat like asking Mrs. Lincoln what she thought of the play — it has to be called as it is.
It wasn't a great save imo. Wasn't that far away from him and, like most he makes, he made it look more spectacular than it was. I'll give you his distribution being better than just ok, but it wasn't particularly noteworthy. All in all, we need to get rid but we definitely have bigger fires to fight so I wouldn't be sad to see him in nets next season.

Telsim

Good enough. Takes grit and fortitude to move on from the horrific start of the season. Need to improve what is in front of him.

KeanoMagicHat

He's great in 9 out of 10 actions, but that 1 action will be terrible and it might cost him being ever considered a top keeper.

redshaw

Top man again.

City's tactics of just offloading to Doku to run at AWB second half would eventually yield something. Overall it was a great performance and strong character to say we're coming here to win, he made the saves and we won against that cheating fabrication. .

Andersonson

How? One very good stop and...not much else. Certainly nothing else exceptional.
Two very good saves, both from Walker. Very good and calm with his feet. Made some punches and hold on to a corner in the dying minutes of the game. His first season has been very up and down, but I'm willing to give him a year more before I make my judgement. He has something. And all this negativity has to stop

KeanoMagicHat

That's not true though. He may be adequate in 9/10, but great is an enormous reach
And adequate is also an enormous reach, he’s capable of brilliant saves and passes. If you want to be pedantic then 5 great actions, 4 adequate actions and 1 terrible action.