5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

So good. See how even in tight areas or difficult passes, he plays the ball with the right weight and the right placement to give our player a good chance to play the next pass out of danger with his first touch. Weight of pass and exact placement is so important and he just has it.
Many thanks for posting this. It certainly looks like a long awaited prelude to fluid football.

More matches, more sessions and who knows, perhaps team will be ready on the start of campaign, even despite striker department complications.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Can't remember him punting or taking a long goal kick, so what is his preferred foot? I saw him use both last night with seemingly equal ease.

AndyMUFC

Loved the instant effect he had on our style of play, he’s certainly gonna be an entertaining watch.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I don't think it was some huge mistake, just a sub-optimal decision. Bellingham was running away from the goal and had Martinez close-by, staying on the edge of his box would've required Bellingham to find the corner whilst under pressure, which he may still have done. Bellingham's options would have been significantly more difficult if Onana was on the six yard line at this moment.

I think he had a great debut. But that’s an absolute howler and he deserves to be criticised. That still makes it look as bad as possible, but under no set of circumstances should he have been there.

Nicolarra90

The first goal was entirely down to AWB fecking up the offside line. Onana did just about all he could have done, it was a great finish.
Entirely down to no VAR? I thought it was clearly offside or was it onside at the end?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he had a great debut. But that’s an absolute howler and he deserves to be criticised. That still makes it look as bad as possible, but under no set of circumstances should he have been there.
No it wasn’t let’s not take the piss. You could argue it was the wrong decision, personally I think if he doesn’t come out to meet him, Bellingham takes a touch forward instead and has an even more simple finish.

spiriticon

If you guys watch the first goal in video again, Bellingham was miles ahead of Martinez at the time the pass was made. It was because Onana came out that meant Bellingham was delayed in his forward run and allowed Martinez to recover. None of it made any difference in the end, since Bellingham finished superbly.

Oh and Bellingham was well offside.

ShinjiNinja26

The whole “De Gea would’ve saved that” shit has become very tiresome already and the season hasn’t even started. Not to mention it’s a load of bollocks, how do you know De Gea would’ve saved it? If we’re going off the last couple seasons there’s been plenty of attempts that “De Gea would’ve saved” that De Gea himself literally didn’t save. :lol:

Redfan94

Very promising debut, so many times last season we gave possession straight back to the opposition from De Gea going long or punting it into general areas.

Will take some getting used to though seeing our keeper’s heat map looking like that of a CB or number 8. :lol:

Lights Out

Just watched the highlights of his debut and I’m impressed.
Good with both feet and I love his instant movement when he’s passed the ball to give the receiving player an unobstructed angle if he wants to give it him back.
So simple but so effective

Xaviboy

Around 17th min of game AWB has ball in right back postion, plays pass back to him and its like he knew where his next pass is going. Takes touch towards his left side all in one motion and plays a pass out to Shaw on far side and Utd break free down the left. He took all Madrid front players/Madrid midfield press out of game by his 1st touch and pass. So good to see.

sillwuka

Just watched the highlights of his debut and I’m impressed.
Good with both feet and I love his instant movement when he’s passed the ball to give the receiving player an unobstructed angle if he wants to give it him back.
So simple but so effective
Yes, love the pass and move that he does.

The United

Like how he played like a sweeper that can pass. Hard to judge about his goalkeeping skills for now.

Amir

Entirely down to no VAR? I thought it was clearly offside or was it onside at the end?
He should have done better anyway. Took ages to move, and when he did move he actually made it easier for Bellingham, who probably wouldn't have scored unless he was given the chance to lob him.

Hardly a disaster, it's a meaningless friendly. But no need to sugercoat it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I loved DDG and still think that we should use Gk budget to get decent striker.
But DDG is gone, and Onana is here now. Nothing can be done about it, other than hoping Onana is worth it.

He had good "debut" against good team. Really like his sharp passings and confidence. Hopefully more is to come.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Bellingham goal didn't cover himself in glory but a straight ball over the top was a worrying to see with the defenders no where to be seen.

His play with the ball at his feet was outstanding though, makes a huge difference.

crossy1686

career ending
The whole “De Gea would’ve saved that” shit has become very tiresome already and the season hasn’t even started. Not to mention it’s a load of bollocks, how do you know De Gea would’ve saved it? If we’re going off the last couple seasons there’s been plenty of attempts that “De Gea would’ve saved” that De Gea himself literally didn’t save. :lol:
Anyone genuinely saying that hasn't watched De Gea play in the last couple of seasons.

criticalanalysis

De Gea would never come out that far too early. He stays back and then moves forward at the exact right time. It's literally the one last thing he was still good at!

Like I said, now a howler by any stretch... Just came out a tad too quickly in my opinion.
Whaaaaaaat?

De Gea was good at this but since his decline 3-4 years ago, he's been pretty horrific in 1 vs 1s. He's had a few good ones this season but he's mostly been terrible. Staying to his line or not moving has been his default setting and he's let many many goals past him because he barely reacts. About half of the conceded goals against Liverpool at Anfield are a perfect example of this.

I don't think it was an error per se by Onana and I don't usually criticise Martinez but I think him blocking Onana's path/view made it more awkward. Had Martinez not cut across, Onana possibly would have took another step forward and/or was able to stand taller to potentially make a save.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Other than the two goals he conceded, his performance was quite decent. His footwork had no bearing whatsoever on the effectiveness of our attack, but it's good to see solid footwork from a keeper.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
No it wasn’t let’s not take the piss. You could argue it was the wrong decision, personally I think if he doesn’t come out to meet him, Bellingham takes a touch forward instead and has an even more simple finish.
It was horrific. It happens. I’m not down on the guy. I think he’s going to revolutionise how we play and that he’ll be a huge success.

But we’re in danger of going full RAWK if we can’t point out obvious stuff when it happens. There was no need for him to be out there. The still frame does make it worse, but it’s not a lot better as a video.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It will be arduous listening to people saying Dave would have saved this or that but it's also out of order slagging off Dave.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Some of our fans need to learn to move on from players. De Gea is gone for reasons that have been discussed to death. He had a great United career now we have a new exciting GK that we should be backing. Move the feck on already.

bushyzor

My favourite comment from his YouTube highlights reel vs Real Madrid: “we just replaced Paul Scholes not De Gea”

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Exactly. Prepare for the coming season though

Oranges038

Whaaaaaaat?

De Gea was good at this but since his decline 3-4 years ago, he's been pretty horrific in 1 vs 1s. He's had a few good ones this season but he's mostly been terrible. Staying to his line or not moving has been his default setting and he's let many many goals past him because he barely reacts. About half of the conceded goals against Liverpool at Anfield are a perfect example of this.

I don't think it was an error per se by Onana and I don't usually criticise Martinez but I think him blocking Onana's path/view made it more awkward. Had Martinez not cut across, Onana possibly would have took another step forward and/or was able to stand taller to potentially make a save.
Aye, thought this too, he has to pull back to avoid colliding with Martinez, who by rights when he saw the keeper coming should have headed for the goal line to cover, rather than running toward to the same space as him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Please add which De Gea (Prime or post 2018 WC) you're referring to when you say "Dave would have saved it". Thanks.

Its all gone Shane Long

Ronaldo, Rooney, Keane, RVP, Cantona, Sparky, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham and so all had great careers, we had to let them go, now it time to let go of De Gea, great servant! Onana will bring a compete different way of playing as well as making top quality saves. He will do just fine.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Other than the two goals he conceded, his performance was quite decent. His footwork had no bearing whatsoever on the effectiveness of our attack, but it's good to see solid footwork from a keeper.
The whole team looked a lot more comfortable in possession as a result of it.