André Onana | Officially a Red! | #24

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
AO:

“To join Manchester United is an incredible honour and I have worked hard all my life to get to this moment, overcoming many obstacles along the way. Walking out at Old Trafford to defend our goal and contribute to the team will be another amazing experience. This is the start of a new journey for me, with new teammates, and new ambitions to fight for.

“Manchester United has a long history of incredible goalkeepers, and I will now give everything to create my own legacy in the coming years. I am excited by the opportunity to work again with Erik ten Hag, and I can’t wait to play my part in the success I know he is determined to deliver at this great football club.”

John Murtough:

“Andre was our top choice to become the new goalkeeper for Manchester United, with exactly the right profile of technical attributes and personality. Having achieved success throughout his career, we know that Andre will further add to the winning mentality we are building within our squad.

“He is already one of the world’s best goalkeepers and at the age of 27 we firmly believe that he can develop even further over the coming years.”

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Finally! What a signing. Will he be involved against Arsenal?

evil_geko

Finally we have our new Barthez, no game will be boring with this lad. :)

saik

Fecking excited with this. Welcome Onana! Now if we go and get that one striker we need, it's going to be a very good summer.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
O-na-na what’s my name
O-na-na replacing Dave
O-na-na what a save what a save what a save…..

Ole'sattheWheel

I don’t know what it is about this signing but it feels absolutely huge. Maybe it’s the clear direction we’re going in for the first time since SAF, with this being a clear fit for the new manager, imposing his new style throughout the whole team.
I think if you look to City and Liverpool, one of the biggest factors in their success is their GKs. We could’ve stuck with De Gea like we have done for the last 10 years, but this time we’re really making a statement

We need an rvn

It’s going to time for our defenders and midfielders to play with him behind them compared to ddg.

we shouldn’t take away that ddg shot stopping has kept us in games and there will shots where posters will be shouting that David would have saved that. Likewise if onana takes a risk and gets caught inpossession the same.

But he is going to be a huge upgrade on playing out from the back and that will improve the team overall and very happy with this signing.

DavelinaJolie

I'm sure there'll be more than a few hearts topping moments, but I'm really excited to see what he brings to the team and how the style of play progresses.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great signing, cannot wait to see him play.

Let's hope some patience is provided if he makes mistakes as well. Onto the next one.

GioF

Andre, Andre Onana, Andre Onana, Andre Onana

*to the old Andre Kanchelskis song?!?

evil_geko

Where are the shirt number Andys who will moan about him not wearing #1. :wenger: I personally love that he is 24. That is a number he basically always wore.

daveskimufc

Wonder why he didn't want to be no. 1?

I'm too lazy to look it up what number was he at Inter/ajax?