g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agreed, but you said identified and talking about input on cost. He will obviously approve these signings, but I think you're confusing his role with recruitment's and the DOF's in Chelseas set up.
But it’s Poch. Don’t you understand a man’s love can fix anything?

edcunited1878

Inter are not a selling club and will want stupid money.
They are broke and have a debt payment to settle or else the current owners could lose their majority ownership stake if they default. They need to move players for cash injections......

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think the meeting had more than €50M discussed. Just me though. We would still be in at €50M.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think the meeting had more than €50M discussed. Just me though. We would still be in at €50M.

Inter wanted Lukaku and Koulibaly on some kind of loan deal with no obligation to buy. Chelsea were like, nope no more freebies for you and then we’re suddenly out of the Onana race.

It’s like they want us to be flexible and generous with the players they want from us but they refuse to budge an inch on the player we want from them.

Feck ‘em I guess. Can’t just be a one way relationship.

SATA

Why would Inter be willing to sell him if he’s been good for them? He only joined them for a year, hasn’t he?

Rolaholic

Why would Inter be willing to sell him if he’s been good for them? He only joined them for a year, hasn’t he?
They're in very dire financial straits this summer and could use player sales to help with that.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Chelsea seems to be curtailing a lot of the crazy spending they have done in the last past season. Not sure how that will work out for them, but if there was a manager they should give a war chest to it should be Pochettino.

£70m is crazy amount, but when you see how much Chelsea spent on kepa, this one seems more reasonable.

OmarUnited4ever

When i'm assessing a GK, I mainly focus on distribution/sweeping and command of the box via claiming crosses.

And with someone like Verbruggen I feel he has all the fundamentals but still very young to probably rely on as the #1, at his age.
I agree with the bolded, but I would also add reflexes/shot-stopping too, excellent GKs (like Allison) can distribute, sweep, claim crosses and make saves too.

NYAS

Mate having trouble finding where DiMarzio has said this…looked on his Twitter and the Italian Sky Sport Twitter and found nothing. Can we trust that Inter aggregator account?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Mate having trouble finding where DiMarzio has said this…looked on his Twitter and the Italian Sky Sport Twitter and found nothing. Can we trust that Inter aggregator account?
It was said live on air apparently.

OmarUnited4ever

Inter wanted Lukaku and Koulibaly on some kind of loan deal with no obligation to buy. Chelsea were like, nope no more freebies for you and then we’re suddenly out of the Onana race.

It’s like they want us to be flexible and generous with the players they want from us but they refuse to budge an inch on the player we want from them.

Feck ‘em I guess. Can’t just be a one way relationship.
tbh, Lukaku is probably surplus to requirements for Chelsea, and Chelsea got enough good and young CBs like Fofana, Badiashile & Colwil, so they might not need Koulibaly, however, Onana is a key player for Inter and even though they might be forced to sell due to financial issues, they would want top dollar for him, however you are right, Inter are being unfair if they want Lukaku & Koulibaly on a simple loan and refuse to negotiate for Onana

Unlikely lad

His wiki page says he was suspended for taking Furosemide. Why exactly is a diuretic considered a PED for footballers?

Status
Not open for further replies.