André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyspider13

Great to have confirmation. It's nice knowing the ball isn't being given to the opposition every time our keeper goes long. Exciting times ahead as there will be some heart attacks next season with the way he dribbles against forwards.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Saw on twitter a clip of his howlers. They are even worse than DDG's :(

Waynne

Looking forward to us bypassing oppositon presses with quickfire passes from the back straight into attacking areas from this guy.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looking forward to us bypassing oppositon presses with quickfire passes from the back straight into attacking areas from this guy.
This only works if we get a ST with really good hold up play. Not sure what our current forward players are like at this. Think Antony may be decent not sure on Rashford.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Who watched him regulary? Based on highlights only (so i am probably wrong) i noticed that he is not a goalkeeper who comes out on crosses. Also he does parry shots a lot (instead catching the ball).

Am i wrong?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
fecking hell people are really obsessed with Romano, somehow not breaking the news first means he is aggregator, indykaila or whatever the shit he is. Ofcourse he doesn't have contacts all over the world but he has got plenty of stories first, David Ornstein mentioned him so many times in the past.

These are just the few posts from last 1 year and there are so many and this is just from one reporter who is also as reliable as they come for transfers.

reelworld

fecking hell people are really obsessed with Romano, somehow not breaking the news first means he is aggregator, indykaila or whatever the shit he is. Ofcourse he doesn't have contacts all over the world but he has got plenty of stories first, David Ornstein mentioned him so many times in the past.

These are just the few posts from last 1 year and there are so many and this is just from one reporter who is also as reliable as they come for transfers.
Tbh I don't really care if he's an aggregator or whatnot. I couldn't be arsed to follow that many football transfer twitter. I just followed Romano and Ornstein for all the transfer news and that's good enough for me. Who the feck cares who broke it first?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Tbh I don't really care if he's an aggregator or whatnot. I couldn't be arsed to follow that many football transfer twitter. I just followed Romano and Ornstein for all the transfer news and that's good enough for me. Who the feck cares who broke it first?
Exactly. He sort of covers so many leagues and following him and couple of accounts is more than enough to keep tabs on lot of transfer news.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think people have a habit of putting these folks on a pedestal. They make their money from clicks. They are bound to make mistakes in the rush for more clicks.

Unam333

This only works if we get a ST with really good hold up play. Not sure what our current forward players are like at this. Think Antony may be decent not sure on Rashford.
I don't even think Hojlund has a very good hold up play. If only Levy...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We don't have any player that can get the ball from him, hold it up and pass it.
We could do with a proper playmaker but
Martinez
Shaw
Mount
Bruno (he improved last season in deeper areas)

Can all do it contribute in this regard

Antony and Sancho are also good at retaining possession even if they should threaten more in attack

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Agreed...but the really good ones make the fewest
100%. The clip I was talking about was only 35 seconds long and he used to play for Ajax at that time so quite young too. However thise really look bad and he would be crucified here if any of that happens. Hopefully not

Trex

We could do with a proper playmaker but
Martinez
Shaw
Mount
Bruno (he improved last season in deeper areas)

Can all do it contribute in this regard

Antony and Sancho are also good at retaining possession even if they should threaten more in attack
Its him, Martinez and Shaw that will be expected to control play from deep, midfield areas this days are to congested. That's why the double advanced 8 system is in vogue. Gone are the days of a Pirlo. Now you push your midfield up and allow the back plus DM to run the play. You would struggle to find any attacking team where it midfielders get as much on the ball as it defenders.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Its him, Martinez and Shaw that will be expected to control play from deep, midfield areas this days are to congested. That's why the double advanced 8 system is in vogue. Gone are the days of a Pirlo. Now you push your midfield up and allow the back plus DM to run the play. You would struggle to find any attacking team where it midfielders get as much on the ball as it defenders.
To be honest in an ideal world, stylistically, I’d like either I) one of those playmaking 8s you can’t get the ball off like Scholes, or iI) the most attacking midfielder being like David Silva, or iii) the deepest lying being like Busquets / Carrick / Alonso, to make up for Casmeiro being a no nonsense DM.

But this isn’t an ideal world and you have to work with whats available in the market and build towards ETHs vision which can be different altogether. You’re right that playmaking can come from different areas - if we had a RB who was great on the ball it would make the back 5 imperious on the ball and impossible to press.

OmarUnited4ever

indeed, and Fab himself credits others when he shares info that someone else got the scoop on before him, granted he posts too much updates and some of them is just repeated stuff with not much of an actual update, but the guy is heavily connected that even other reliable jurnos like Ornstein quote him

Status
Not open for further replies.