André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I just hope when we sign him that fans don't create a match day chant that involves using the word banana within it
Are you writing racist songs in your head and then sharing your disapproval of them with us?

Marcelinho87

I am not sure that Onana is a better goalkeeper than De Gea when we talk about making saves. De Gea has had seasons where he was our best player, and last season he was the keeper who conceded the fewest goals. De Gea makes stupid mistakes from time to time, and that is the only reason why I think it is fair to look for an other keeper. But Onana actually makes huge mistakes too sometimes, and my impression is that there are no fewer mistakes than with De Gea.

Onana is much better with his feets than De Gea, and that is important for ETH. But the most important quality of a goalkeeper must still be whether he is able to save points for his team.
See, De Gea used to be excellent at making saves, now he is average.

Last season was down to the defence more than DDG - Yes Onana will make mistakes but his ability with the ball and his intelligence with playing out from the back ensures our WHOLE team operates better as a unit, meaning less goals conceded and hopefully more scored.

Basically there is more to the position than "making saves" - Many saves DDG has to make are from his own doing, none of which occur with a competent ball playing keeper.

Marcelinho87

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I am not sure that Onana is a better goalkeeper than De Gea when we talk about making saves. De Gea has had seasons where he was our best player, and last season he was the keeper who conceded the fewest goals. De Gea makes stupid mistakes from time to time, and that is the only reason why I think it is fair to look for an other keeper. But Onana actually makes huge mistakes too sometimes, and my impression is that there are no fewer mistakes than with De Gea.

Onana is much better with his feets than De Gea, and that is important for ETH. But the most important quality of a goalkeeper must still be whether he is able to save points for his team.
We had the most clean sheets, but both City and Newcastle conceded 10 goals less than we did in total, and Arsenal conceded the same as us. Liverpool despite all their issues still only conceded four more as well.

One of the big issues for De Gea is when he makes his mistakes. Over the last five years he's consistently made mistakes and had poor performances in our biggest games, playing a huge part in a significant amount of our European or domestic cup exits. He was also the biggest reason we missed out on top four in 18/19 with the amount of mistakes he made in the last couple months of the season. It really has felt that the more important the game is the more likely he is to have a shocker.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
What a feckin' mess the Glazers' lack of investment has made of the club. Nothing wrong with Tom Heaton (or, for me, Henderson) but I reckon if the sale doesn't go through ETH might quit:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tenhag-manutd-henderson-degea-heaton-30338617
What is wrong with you?

We are literally about to sign Onana going by all accounts and you quote a fecking nothing article from the mirror with absolutely no substance to it to try and claim EtH might quit the club?

Gums

We had the most clean sheets, but both City and Newcastle conceded 10 goals less than we did in total, and Arsenal conceded the same as us. Liverpool despite all their issues still only conceded four more as well.
The 5 worst performances include a 4-0 loss against Brentford, a 6-3 loss against City and a 7-0 loss to Liverpool which is nearly 40% of the goals we have conceded. Good breakdown here:

Crimson King

One of the big issues for De Gea is when he makes his mistakes. Over the last five years he's consistently made mistakes and had poor performances in our biggest games, playing a huge part in a significant amount of our European or domestic cup exits. He was also the biggest reason we missed out on top four in 18/19 with the amount of mistakes he made in the last couple months of the season. It really has felt that the more important the game is the more likely he is to have a shocker.
DDG doesn't seem to recover well when he makes a mistake, not just in that one match, but in the weeks that follow.

It's a big problem.

Real Name

What is wrong with you?

We are literally about to sign Onana going by all accounts and you quote a fecking nothing article from the mirror with absolutely no substance to it to try and claim EtH might quit the club?
Not to mention its from 28th of June.

captaincantona

What an exciting signing - whether he turns out to be a good signing or not is debatable - I feel he will…but what is certain is that he will completely change how we play. Completely. DDG has been such a constant over the last decade…even though he was good for a lot of that time in terms of shot stopping, his style and even approach to being in possession dictated a lot of pedestrian and incompetent play at the back. It will be so Fuking exciting to see a completely different character like Onana between the stick playing out to Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro - it’s a different team altogether with major potential. Very exciting.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The 5 worst performances include a 4-0 loss against Brentford, a 6-3 loss against City and a 7-0 loss to Liverpool which is nearly 40% of the goals we have conceded. Good breakdown here:
They all count, especially when De Gea played a part in why those games blew out like that. Perhaps not City (although the 2nd goal might have been cleared by a keeper better under the high ball), but certainly the other two.

Brentford - 1st goal was 100% De Gea's fault to an embarrassing extent. 2nd goal because of a De Gea hospital pass to Eriksen. Some people probably blame him for the 3rd but I think that's harsh myself, but there's a fair chance a sweeper keeper would stop the 4th by cutting out the pass.

Liverpool - Should have saved the 1st IMO. While the 3rd and 7th aren't 'mistakes', they are ones he definitely could have done better. 6th either falls in the same category or is an outright mistake, I'm 50/50 on that one.

NLunited

It’s quite obvious this is the middle ground fee that will get it done. Stop wasting time and get it done.
If you want it done without overpaying let them do their job. They are not instantly going to agree to a lower offer.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
that's a good deal but you have to wonder why we didn't get him on a free last year and what happens when he goes to the cup of nations.

Rolaholic

They have to sell for FFP reasons, explains their willingness to get it over the line quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.