André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar_kane

It’s quite obvious this is the middle ground fee that will get it done. Stop wasting time and get it done.
That’s not really how a negotiation works though is it. If you go with the “middle ground” offer first the middle ground then becomes the point between this offer and their valuation, and you end up paying higher.

The dancing around and back and forth is all part of getting the right deal.

suheilsworld

They all count, especially when De Gea played a part in why those games blew out like that. Perhaps not City (although the 2nd goal might have been cleared by a keeper better under the high ball), but certainly the other two.

Brentford - 1st goal was 100% De Gea's fault to an embarrassing extent. 2nd goal because of a De Gea hospital pass to Eriksen. Some people probably blame him for the 3rd but I think that's harsh myself, but there's a fair chance a sweeper keeper would stop the 4th by cutting out the pass.

Liverpool - Should have saved the 1st IMO. While the 3rd and 7th aren't 'mistakes', they are ones he definitely could have done better. 6th either falls in the same category or is an outright mistake, I'm 50/50 on that one.
You are a brave man if you saw those goals again. I still have not come to terms with those losses and cannot stand seeing those goals again

crossy1686

career ending
Seems like we're taking a much tougher stance with our negotiations this year instead of just going fecking wild and paying over the evaluation price.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

United will raise the offer and sources close to the negotiation believe a deal can be closed.

Erik ten Hag is pushing for the player

Inter are awaiting the second offer from Man Utd.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think this gets done this weekend. Very important to have a new Keeper for pre season so we can work on playing out from the back.

We will have good relations with Inter having sold them a bunch of our deadwood who have turned out well for them, even donkey for the first season or so. Let's get this sorted in time for pre season and shift focus to a striker.

He's been my preferred choice for ages and ETH will know exactly how best to play him.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Who knew signing a goalkeeper could make me this giddy. Can't wait to see this lad doing keepy uppies on the half way line.

Sylar

Getting this done ASAP would be fantastic. The thought of refreshing our keepers completely is great and has been needed for quite a few years.
IMO we still need a striker as we cant rely on Rashford scoring 30 again (as anything could happen) whereas easing the burden on him will probably see him do better than putting all the pressure on him (making it easier for opposition to mark him out).

Sorting out GK and Striker would be a huge step for next season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great signs here. Was very nervous about the GK position heading into the summer but looks very close to happening. Sign a striker on top and suddenly we have a "complete" side for the first time in a very long time. Still some depth issues and needing to replace other depth pieces for players who suit the manager in terms of depth, question marks about if RB is quite good enough, but it's a complete starting 11, all at a high level, and a team that suits the manager all around.
Onana
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro
Bruno Mount
Antony ??? Rashford

???
Wan B Lindelof Maguire Malacia
McTominay Eriksen
Amad Sancho Garnacho
Martial​

Amad will go on loan, Shaw is realistically the backup LCB so could see Maguire leaving and being replaced with a younger RCB (and Lindelof playing left when needed), and then we'll sign a backup goalkeeper as well but ten hag never changes them anyway so whatever. Wan Bissaka vs Dalot dependent on opponent, but with Onana we will have a great emphasis on deep buildup which favors Dalot. Martial when fit will be backup CF, so mostly rashford will slot in and Garnacho or Sancho will slot in on the left. Don't see McTominay leaving, even if he isn't a DM, it's a decent midfield him next to Eriksen.

Very comfortable with that team, it's versatile, quality depth everywhere basically... Just need a CF.

Mainoldo

Win win. Inter originally wanted €50m and looks like they will get it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Getting him for around €50m would be very decent business.

The scousers got Allison from a Roma, not a CL finalist, for more and Onana is a year older, so pretty comparable.

Just make sure you do the deal quick before we leave on tour, so he can be properly bedded in. Maybe even try to get Hojlund in.

Sparky Rhiwabon

This along with Eriksen-with-legs Mount will make a massive difference to our team. Add a decent striker and we're looking pretty good.

cyberman

I’ve talked myself into this move. For someone who didn’t really care about Onana a week ago I’d be crushed if this didn’t go through

Alemar

Onana
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro
Bruno Mount
Antony ??? Rashford

???
Wan B Lindelof Maguire Malacia
McTominay Eriksen
Amad Sancho Garnacho
Martial​
On the basis that Fred is sold, we will then need to sell someone from McTominay-VDB-Hannibal trio. Also there is Pellistri and probably Greenwood to deal with. Yes, and Maguire needs to be replaced anyhow, too

cyberman

Who knew signing a goalkeeper could make me this giddy. Can't wait to see this lad doing keepy uppies on the half way line.
I can’t wait until he fecks up and concedes a goal early on so we can see Neville go on a crusade about not being sure of him and wanting a keeper to make saves, first and foremost.
I miss football.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
On the basis that Fred is sold, we will then need to sell someone from McTominay-VDB-Hannibal trio. Also there is Pellistri and probably Greenwood to deal with. Yes, and Maguire needs to be replaced anyhow, too
Pellistri will be loan or sell, Greenwood likely loan to get value and then either sell or keep depending on what the club decides (I'd get rid), Van de Beek easy sell, Hannibal sell. McTominay will stay as we'll ask for too much and as of now he is a useful squad player despite most on here not liking him. He's a good age and is the only guy who provides physicality and ball winning other than casemiro.

Maguire ideally sell and replace with Varanes eventual replacement, but seems like he'll be a hard sell.

L1nk

I reckon fee agreed today or tomorrow, if we're being optimistic

AndySmith1990

Really excited by this potential signing, and good to see the club working quickly to try and resolve before preseason

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Interesting how our negotiations seem to be taking a lot less time than usual. Almost like someone else is in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.