Andreas Pereira | 2014/15 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will this guy go on the tour with us if hes just played a major tournament at his level?
If he wants any chance of breaking into the first team this year he will have a normal 2 week holiday and return!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I dont know if he is yet ready for the first team, a loan spell might be a good option after xmas
I think he's ready for minutes, but perhaps not difficult away games. I would certainly prefer giving him time in midfield over dropping Rooney back anyway. We need to test these players and see if they will sink or swim.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Considering the amount of times he was involved on the bench, van Gaal obviously sees something he likes, so with the added game, he should make at least 10 appearances in my opinion.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Considering the amount of times he was involved on the bench, van Gaal obviously sees something he likes, so with the added game, he should make at least 10 appearances in my opinion.
if he is going to spend most of the time on the bench and only make 10 appearances then he would probably be better off with a loan where he plays regularly

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
if he is going to spend most of the time on the bench and only make 10 appearances then he would probably be better off with a loan where he plays regularly
I agree but the loan would have to be somewhere in Europe, not the Premier League or Championship, I can't see a club using him at the bottom of the Premiership. I would rather 10 appearances at United than 10 in a relegation battle. If they can get a move somewhere in Europe, that would be best though, I agree.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
If he's not going to get any minutes besides the odd cup game, he needs to go out on loan. Thought he looked better than Januzaj during our preseason. Appears to be a forgotten man now. Will only get worse for him as Fellaini makes his way back from suspension. He's not even making the bench as a sub as is.

Sam

Soooooo....with Januzaj and Hernandez gone, will this lad now get some proper game time?

Looked good in pre-season, better then Januzaj in fact, but hasn't been since the season started, with Januzaj getting the minutes instead.

What do we reckon?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Soooooo....with Januzaj and Hernandez gone, will this lad now get some proper game time?

Looked good in pre-season, better then Januzaj in fact, but hasn't been since the season started, with Januzaj getting the minutes instead.

What do we reckon?
Hope so, see no reason why not

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hope he gets a chance and really makes good on it. It's a bit bizarre to not see him on the bench at all yet after a very promising preseason.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Play him centrally. Whether that's at #10 or behind as an #8 but I really don't want to see him shafted out onto the wings. Yes he's a good dribbler but he doesn't have the pace and his fantastic vision would be wasted out wide.

I reckon if we gave him a chance at #10 and said we had confidence in him there even if he doesn't start out amazing (I see him as a player who can definitely try too hard to impress) he'd absolutely flourish.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I just find it strange that he's not even been making the bench, while Januzaj has been starting and is now loaned out.

:confused:
We're all myth'd

talking robot

Looks like he'll get a chance to make a breakthrough this year. For the league cup matches, it would be interesting to see a front four of:

-------------Perreira-----------
Martial-----Wilson---------Depay

SteveW

I just find it strange that he's not even been making the bench, while Januzaj has been starting and is now loaned out.

:confused:
Seems to have been using competitive games as trials. Nothing surprises when it comes to LVG.

Sam

I don't think that's a coincidence with Januzaj. He was tested to see if he was ready and Van Gaal thought otherwise. Sure he did the same at the beginning of last season as well (with other players).
So will Pereira now be tested? If he 'fails' does he get loaned out too?

Surely he's the one that actually needed to be tested, as Januzaj is actually proven (somewhat) at PL level.

An Irish Red

So will Pereira now be tested? If he 'fails' does he get loaned out too?

Surely he's the one that actually needed to be tested, as Januzaj is actually proven (somewhat) at PL level.
He's not proven as a number ten in this system though.

I have no idea what will happen with Pereira (obviously) but I seriously doubt we'd loan him out now. We're too short on numbers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.