Andreas Pereira | 2014/15 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
In terms of ability, he has the potential to play for United. Now for him it's the consistency and focus that neefs to be 'on point'. Not sure if he gets that in playing u21, where he may not be challenged that much anymore. Hope we transform him into a squad player or a good loan abroad.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Can't understand why he was mostly used as a sub throughout the tournament. when he came on he was mostly Brazil's best player.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Need to find a good loan for him under a quality manager in a team which plays decent football,but we are terrible at loans.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Of all our emerging youth players over the past few years, I get the suspicion Pereira has the best shot at becoming a top player.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Watched him play live two years ago in a friendly -- Lawrence and Wilson actually caught my eye more that day, but Pereira will probably have a better career than both.

Varun

Staff
Watched the vid of the goal on my phone and thought wow, what a goal. Must be a real talent.

Had no clue it was him :lol:

Classical Mechanic

Can't understand why he was mostly used as a sub throughout the tournament. when he came on he was mostly Brazil's best player.
He came on at half time a few times which is odd. Perhaps the manager really rated two players in his position. Perhaps there was a little bit of him not being seen as a real Brazilian too. He only switched recently and a lot of the other players have probably been in the set up for years.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Decent footwork and finish but the defending there is absolutely atrocious.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Must be a bit odd for the Brazilians to import one of their own when they're usually exporting them (Costa, Thiago, Marcos Senna etc).

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He came on at half time a few times which is odd. Perhaps the manager really rated two players in his position. Perhaps there was a little bit of him not being seen as a real Brazilian too. He only switched recently and a lot of the other players have probably been in the set up for years.
I do think this had an effect.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Great experience for Pereira, despite the loss. Scored a decisive (match-leveling) goal in the final, assisted a couple of crucial goals, came through on penalties. But based on his performances through the tournament, he needs to get a lot more consistent to stake a claim for regular first team football at United. Far too many iffy touches, lapses in decision-making, and cases of frivolous loss of possession. He is some ways behind say the 2013 U-20 versions of say Oliver or Bernat from that perspective. Hope this tournament helps his chances for a good loan deal though. The U-20 World Cup is a great showcase for talent, a lot of good performers go on to have great first team careers for their clubs.

PS : We may have signed the wrong Serbian goalkeeper. Apparently this Rajkovic lad helped the Serbian U-19 win the 2013 European Championship and was one of their most important players, reached the semis of the same tournament again in 2014, and now the U-20 World Cup, where he was named the best goalkeeper and skippered the champions. Has also turned out for the Serbian national team, and about 30 times for Red Star, Vidic's old club - at age 19.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I would agree. He's undoubtedly talented but, and I hate to use this word, is very raw right now. Needs a lot work if he's to have a chance of making the first team. A loan at a decent European team where he can a get a decent amount of playing time would be the way to go this season.

Classical Mechanic

Pogba, Januzaj & Morrison all comfortably better in my opinion. Wilson further ahead too currently.
I think he is at least as talented as all of them but I agree with what has been said, he needs to put it all together consistently to be a top player. He is too slack too often. If he can put it together then he can be one of the best in the world in his position IMO.

Sammyjunn

I myself think he has more qualities than Januzaj and he has the advantage of already having a position where he will play in the futurw, while Januzaj is still searching. Januzaj is far more experienced tho and in his debut season, focused on what he could. Pereira tries to do everything, while Januzaj focused on taking defenders on, beating them and then put in a cross or a shot.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Nah. Januzaj is quite blatantly a better talent and Pereira's position on the pitch is far from certain either. He's not going to play as a number 8 anytime soon with his sloppy passing and he ain't good enough as a #10.

Sammyjunn

Nah. Januzaj is quite blatantly a better talent and Pereira's position on the pitch is far from certain either. He's not going to play as a number 8 anytime soon with his sloppy passing and he ain't good enough as a #10.
He aint good enough as a 10? Since when is that? Januzaj is a lot more consistent and less raw than Pereira is, but in the position Pereira plays, he really has it all. He's fast, he's extremely two footed, has a brilliant shot on him, goalscoring ability, great technique, can beat players, has a high work rate, can tackle, he has vision. My main problem with him is that he's too inconsistent, and tries too much at times. And loses focus a lot during matches, these arent small weaknesses tho, but pure talentwise he's a star. But Januzaj is far further in his development.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He aint good enough as a 10? Since when is that? Januzaj is a lot more consistent and less raw than Pereira is, but in the position Pereira plays, he really has it all. He's fast, he's extremely two footed, has a brilliant shot on him, goalscoring ability, great technique, can beat players, has a high work rate, can tackle, he has vision. My main problem with him is that he's too inconsistent, and tries too much at times. And loses focus a lot during matches, these arent small weaknesses tho, but pure talentwise he's a star. But Januzaj is far further in his development.
Ain't good enough to get a look in at United is what I mean. His passing even further forward lets him down too many times. Januzaj's passing and vision was on a different level when he was a regular in the team under Moyes. Consistency isn't the issue not that Januzaj can be described as consistent either. Januzaj just looks far far more talented.

I actually think his best chance of making it will be as a #8 not further forward.

jb8521

It seems like a lot on here havent actually watched him for the past year and are basing most of their opinions on a couple of games in the u20 world cup. He has actually been very consistent this year since he started training with the first team and his passing is rarely sloppy anymore. In a couple of the games at the u20 world cup he was clearly trying to up the tempo of the games with quick passing as he has been doing with the u21s this season and which has probably been the thing hes improved most this year but his team mates with Brazil seemed intent on only playing at the one pace all the time.

Sweet Square

Great experience for Pereira, despite the loss. Scored a decisive (match-leveling) goal in the final, assisted a couple of crucial goals, came through on penalties. But based on his performances through the tournament, he needs to get a lot more consistent to stake a claim for regular first team football at United. Far too many iffy touches, lapses in decision-making, and cases of frivolous loss of possession. He is some ways behind say the 2013 U-20 versions of say Oliver or Bernat from that perspective. Hope this tournament helps his chances for a good loan deal though. The U-20 World Cup is a great showcase for talent, a lot of good performers go on to have great first team careers for their clubs.

PS : We may have signed the wrong Serbian goalkeeper. Apparently this Rajkovic lad helped the Serbian U-19 win the 2013 European Championship and was one of their most important players, reached the semis of the same tournament again in 2014, and now the U-20 World Cup, where he was named the best goalkeeper and skippered the champions. Has also turned out for the Serbian national team, and about 30 times for Red Star, Vidic's old club - at age 19.
I think Van Gaal has mentioned this a few times but Pereira is pretty much considered a squad member of the first team now. Also it seemed the reasoning to why he took so long to sign the contact extension was because of the worry of not getting any chances at the first team. You would have to image that with him signing the extension he's pretty confident of getting chances next season.
his passing is rarely sloppy anymore.
Yep he's passing he very good in the U21's. Also I have'nt followed the torment really but it seems he's used all over the pitch(Didn't he play as a striker as some point).

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I myself think he has more qualities than Januzaj and he has the advantage of already having a position where he will play in the futurw, while Januzaj is still searching. Januzaj is far more experienced tho and in his debut season, focused on what he could. Pereira tries to do everything, while Januzaj focused on taking defenders on, beating them and then put in a cross or a shot.
This is a seemingly true point. There was some evidence that Pereira was a good passers, with good vision, good from direct free kicks and range, while also being tenacious in midfield. But rather than being naturally great at all those things, every match he's trying to prove again that he's decent at those things. The one thing not in doubt is that he's technically quite sound and fairly confident.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It seems like a lot on here havent actually watched him for the past year and are basing most of their opinions on a couple of games in the u20 world cup. He has actually been very consistent this year since he started training with the first team and his passing is rarely sloppy anymore. In a couple of the games at the u20 world cup he was clearly trying to up the tempo of the games with quick passing as he has been doing with the u21s this season and which has probably been the thing hes improved most this year but his team mates with Brazil seemed intent on only playing at the one pace all the time.
Yeah, you could see him adding a hussle that had been missing from Brazil's game when he came on today. He was really progressive with his passing and looking to force the pace. I thought he had a decent enough impact, goal aside.

Sammyjunn

Ain't good enough to get a look in at United is what I mean. His passing even further forward lets him down too many times. Januzaj's passing and vision was on a different level when he was a regular in the team under Moyes. Consistency isn't the issue not that Januzaj can be described as consistent either. Januzaj just looks far far more talented.

I actually think his best chance of making it will be as a #8 not further forward.
Januzaj was consistent under Moyes, for some long periods during the season he was one of our best players week in and out. This season his consistency has gone to non-existent.

Well Pereira has been the u21 standout performer this year and also won the individual prize very deservedly in an u21 title winning side. He's certainly warranted a look in, but rather due to circumstances he hasnt really got a chance. The first team have been shaky all season, and we barely win games comfortably, so ofcourse he doesnt really get a look in.

Dont know how to word it right but having more qualities isnt per se being a bigger talent, AOC for example has more qualities than Coutinho, Sterling, Eriksen but I think those 3 are far bigger talents. Before you get to be a class player, its important to pick your moments, read the game and focus on what you can, something Januzaj excells in compared to Pereira for me.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Have you watched him for the reserves at all?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really do think he should be used in rotation with Herrera now. He is ready for first team duties, either that or needs a loan to a good club that he will start at. None of these sides that will be relegation fodder please.

Status
Not open for further replies.