Andreas Pereira | 2014/15 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good article, hopefully we see a lot more of him next season.

datura

Does he start for Brazil? Bit unfortunate for him if he misses the start of preseason but would expect him to get carling cup games in Herrera's position and if he impresses will get some chances off the bench or cover for injuries.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Taken off at half time and his replacement immediately scores a wonder goal. Thought Andreas was actually doing quite good but I bet he'll be benched now.

Took a couple corners with his left foot too. :drool:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I wasnt surprised he was subbed at half time. He gave the ball away a number of times and just wasnt in the groove. The replacement made a clear impact on the game for the remainder of the half. Just one of those days where a player is just not quite in tune with the game.

Petr1

Done good so far. Just scored on a penalty kick(1-2) Started with a decent shot and got an assist on the following corner(1-1). Tries a few trickeries and have got some FK's out of it. Only negatives i have registered are some unnecessary loss of possession and a poorly taken FK.

Turned the game around for his team now, well done

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Cheers. Good to hear. Hopefully won a place back in the starting 11.

SoCross

Think LVG will surprise us all and see him as a first team member come August?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Haven't watched the Hungary match yet, got it recorded and will watch when I get home tonight. I love how he takes corners with his left foot though, our own little Santi :drool:

NoPace

Haven't watched the Hungary match yet, got it recorded and will watch when I get home tonight. I love how he takes corners with his left foot though, our own little Santi :drool:
A CM with the agility of Pereira who is completely 2-footed is a rarity, for sure. Intriguing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Haha was a shite penalty tbh, nearly scored a really good goal though. The Brazil keeper for the first goal, wow, seriously poor!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody watch the match? I see they won 3-0 and looks like he may have started, hopefully he has settled into the team again.

Code-CX

Pereira targeting United first team
Andreas Pereira is targeting becoming a regular first-team player at Manchester United after signing a new contract last month.

The talented midfielder is representing Brazil at the Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand and they are currently preparing to face Uruguay in the last 16 (Thursday 08:30 BST).

While Pereira's sights are first set on steering Brazil to success on the other side of the world, he's keen to make more appearances in the Barclays Premier League following his debut against Tottenham in March. And the 19-year-old stated his ambitions in an exclusive interview with this month's Inside United, the official club magazine.

"It's about breaking into the first-team squad," he said. "After that, I have to work hard to get into the first team and, following that, we will see. I was focused on the football anyway [rather than my future] and everything that comes with it but, when I signed, I was very pleased to finalise the contract. I can continue my form like this and do well here in the coming years.

"It means a lot [to me]. I’m very proud to be a Manchester United player. I always dreamed about it. Now I am happy I can live my dream."

Pereira admits he was a little taken aback when coming on as a substitute against Spurs at Old Trafford to make his league bow after making his debut as a substitute in the Capital One Cup at MK Dons in August.

"It was like a dream come true," he confessed. "I was very happy with the moment against Tottenham when I could come on and we won the game as well – that was important. To be fair, when I came on the pitch it looked like I was dreaming. I felt like I was playing a video game then, afterwards, I got used to it. I wanted to help the team. I didn’t think about getting tired as I was just running as hard as I can."
He seems to have a great attitude. I really hope he gets more playing time next season.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
That Brazil side was absolutely dominating and created a lot of chances, something crazy like 40 shots and no goals compared to Uruguay's 8 shots. Poor finishing from everyone really, so many sitters missed.

Nozzy

We all want big money signings, we all want the midfield strengthened so as we can compete for the League & in Europe. In order to do this, our better young players are not going to get much of a sniff.

m1y2

We all want big money signings, we all want the midfield strengthened so as we can compete for the League & in Europe. In order to do this, our better young players are not going to get much of a sniff.
nobody knows how many players we sign who would compete directly with Pereira for gametime. Buying someone like Schneiderlin would make absolute sense as he would compete mostly with Carrick and Blind for no6 and occasionally as no8 and Andreas could get gametime as no8 backup to Herrera, no10 and here and there he could offer cover for Mata as false right winger even Pereira plays rather from the left.

For that reason I wouldn't want Gundogan as he would get more gametime from Pereira than Schneids and wouldn't get us better like him. Hope Pereira gets his chances on tour and shows what he can offer. In a full functional team there is always place for one or two youngsters who wouldn't lost there and could make up for their inexperience with their tenacity..

khoazany

I don't.

LVG has all of this in mind so let's see how he will resolve.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Loan him out. He's contracted now, so get him some game time in a top division somewhere. He'd easily play 30 games in La Liga.

jem

Highlights from the game his assist for the third goal is at 1:33.
Some comedy gold on that video: 2 candidates for miss of the year at the very beginning, and then the 3 North Koreans falling on top of each other as the 3rd goal goes in.

m1y2

seen some of his highlights from his contribution in the u20 world cup, he looks suddenly quicker and very confident on the ball, not afraid to take-on players, he wasn't doing that often but he played centrally a lot, maybe was too restricted in Warren's side. But his dribbling looks very good, must be that boost of confidence of wearing the yellow jersey of Brasil.

One thing I am confident he has a great chance to make it with us for is that he is very well rounded and versatile player capable of playing anywhere in front three and more attacking midfield role, he had a great cameo against Dons in deeper role too. Hope he shines in preseason. We should give this guy a chance next season, I don't think player like Gundogan is needed, rather Schneiderlin so Pereira could get minutes as the creative box to box midfielder but who knows what Van Gaal thinks of him in terms of roles on the pitch. We will soon find out

Donut

"It's about breaking into the first-team squad," he said. "After that, I have to work hard to get into the first team and, following that, we will see.
fecker is already dreaming of Real.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Came on at HT again to win on penalties, scoring the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.