Andreas Pereira | 2014/15 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
To be fair, I'm sure LVG wants to play him when the pressure is off. Recently the games have been very tight.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
To be fair, I'm sure LVG wants to play him when the pressure is off. Recently the games have been very tight.
Bullshit! He should be brought on when we're 3-0 down to Everton and then we'd definitely have won :rolleyes:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Of course he's not getting minutes at the moment. We're in no position to give minutes to an unproven teenager. I've no doubt that if RVP was fit and didn't need minutes that he'd have been brought on against Everton jut to see what he could do. But I'd rather have Van Persie back match fit for the final few games.

He's been on the bench in, what, the last 6 games that he's been available for?

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Andreas Pereira has been included in Brazil’s 26-player provisional squad for the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

Last edited:

Timdbro

I can't say that I'm at all clued up on youth football stuff, but he looks quite engaged in his U21 performances, nothing like Pogba looked just before he was off.

Grib

Just watching that video, the way he moves is so similar to a young ronaldo, maybe its just the boots and the ankle tape (its not)

Obviously this is no mark of his talent, but just found it interesting

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Would be great news, hope he can be part of the squad next season and get some gametime. Even if we sign a midfielder our depth in that area is still not that great so he could get a game here and there.

Devil may care

Hopefully we see one of those contract signing pics with him and LvG soon, it would be a shame for him to leave without even getting a chance at having an impact on the senior team.

jb8521

His recent performances have started to remind me of Thiago, he still does a lot of flicks and tricks but now theres a lot more purpose to them rather than just for the sake of it. He's also keeping the ball a lot better and raised the tempo of his passing and his all round game. He's developed and matured quite a bit this season

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Eerily similar to Deco in terms of style of play. Don't know if he'll progress into that type of a player long term, but Pereira has comparable confidence in his own skillset (eg. 3:00 - no look pass), very good dribbling ability, awareness of what's going on around him, good control in constricted spaces and decent passing range. Could stand to improve his field vision and general decision making but to be fair, he has shown a lot of improvement already this season and more should come naturally with age and experience, and overall just working towards translating his confidence to the senior stage.

If Andreas progresses well over the next couple of seasons, he could be a good option as Ander's central midfield cohort. Or atleast be a good option coming off the bench. It's going to be a critical phase for him, as it is for all footballers on the verge of senior football. Just hope we iron out his contract and tie him to a long term deal.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Manchester United's Andreas Pereira hints at stay amid PSG link

He told MUTV: "I think I'm working hard every day and doing my best on the pitch. Hopefully, I can continue this form.

"I can play attacking midfield, on the left wing or right wing. I think these are my best positions and, to get everything out of myself, I have to play in these positions.

"The coaches tell me I have to be further up the pitch because I can score goals as well. We have other players in our team who can do the more defensive jobs.

"I know I can get a chance [in the first team] and I want another chance and the next step."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socc...ira-hints-at-extending-manchester-united-stay

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This kid has a future here. I think him, Wilson and Januzaj need to go out on loan. If he doesnt go out on loan, then with the amount of games and injuries next season, he will definitely get his chance to play.

wiz4231

We have to get this lad signed up. IMO I wouldn't want Gundogan at the club at the expense of Pereira. This lad has bags of potential and he requires game time to fulfill that potential. He should be a back up player to Herrera in the same way Januzaj is a back up player to our wingers. Looking to the future I'd like to see both players move centrally with a DM behind them, maybe Goss or Pearson.

Pearson/Goss
Pereira..............Januzaj​

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think it was number 8 for the other team in that video was a thug, not an ounce of ability just trying to flatten as many of our players as possible, Pereira has seriously matured this last year; he's a far better team player and his technical ability for his age is brilliant. Seriously reminds me of Coutinho for some reason though.

Status
Not open for further replies.