Andreas Pereira | 2014/15 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

Hope he gets on the bench on Sunday and not Anderson.

Seems to be in with a chance.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I can see why some think he hasn't shown as much overt he past 18 months as Pearson/Rothwell (who I also rate highly) and is less deserving of chance currently, but in my opinion this lad cant be ignored as his ceiling of potential is much higher.

Agree that he could well end up deeper in midfield than he has played in the youth teams, but I think its just a case of getting your special creative players as near to goal as possible at that level. Anyway some of the best deep-lying playmakers of recent times have started off as attacking midfielders, such as Pirlo and Scholes amongst others.

NoPace

I've seen him a few times but was pleasantly surprised by just how agile he looked against MK Dons. We aren't exactly crawling with players who can turn quickly and beat people, though Di Maria and Januzaj should help us on that score as they become fixtures. The 1 on 1 ability to just drop a shoulder and send a man the other way was promising. Excited to see how he does next time he gets a chance.

Devil may care

Blackett been more surprising than Pereira will be if he does indeed break through more.

Pereira might have been behind Pearson/Rothwell but he's always been talented enough to have a great big leap in 1 year of developmental time at that age just like Januzaj did in like 6 months.
I was just meaning in terms of the direction of the conversation in the thread.

From the little I've seen of Pereira he looks like he has that bit of extra quality in locker, like Januzaj, that would catch a managers eye as a player he wants training and playing with the seniors sooner rather than later, which is not a knock on the other 3 young CM's.

Lou-is Red

When i watch him, he is barely involved but can produce moments of class. A lot of talent but he wont get near the first team until he can contribute in more phases of the game

itso 7

I was just meaning in terms of the direction of the conversation in the thread.

From the little I've seen of Pereira he looks like he has that bit of extra quality in locker, like Januzaj, that would catch a managers eye as a player he wants training and playing with the seniors sooner rather than later, which is not a knock on the other 3 young CM's.
Makes me wonder what's the deal with Pearson/Rothwell? LVG has overlooked them to date yet they are rated more highly.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Pereira is quite clearly a lot more talented than Rothwell or Pearson. That probably has something to do with it.

You're not looking for consistency at that age. More talent. Consistency comes later anyway as long as the player has the right attitude.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
When i watch him, he is barely involved but can produce moments of class. A lot of talent but he wont get near the first team until he can contribute in more phases of the game
He gets to play on LW often right? Its no shame that he doesnt contribute a lot in much phases of the game, unless you're Messi/Reus/Hazard almost nobody does that.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Pereira is quite clearly a lot more talented than Rothwell or Pearson. That probably has something to do with it.

You're not looking for consistency at that age. More talent. Consistency comes later anyway as long as the player has the right attitude.
I understand and accept where you are coming from but I think it's probably a little more complex than that.

I agree that the consistency comes with age and experience and that talent is key in getting your chance. But in saying that, if players can show maturity at a young age, it can also place them above the more talented kids. So many players have come through the system and not been the best of the bunch but had a good head on their shoulders, worked hard and put in consistent displays at youth level to get their chance.

Every case is different though, I wouldn't say Pereira being involved means he doesnt rate the other players, it's just he is getting the look in now, the others have to be patient.

JackXX

Pretty much this. When he gets involved Pereira is quite clearly a level above most of our u21/youth players. Pleased to see him being used as part of the first team squad.

FromTheBench

Pereira is younger than Pearson and Rothwell and players grow a lot in few months at that age. He has started off the season well too and is more tactically flexible and able to play more positions.

Plus he's clearly pretty talented. Hope he is on the bench ahead of Anderson and Pearson/Rothwell get their chances too in due course. Otherwise a good loan would do both of them good at this point.

Castia

Rather see him getting a chance on the bench than Anderson, good luck to the lad he's looked talented whenever I've seen him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's the only player in the squad who can possibly understudy for and provide similar qualities to Herrera. I definitely see him more of an 8 than a 10.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Pereira and Harrop have both started the season better than Pearson and Rothwell but given some of the performances the latter two put in last season, I think it's at best premature to label Pereira as quite clearly a lot more talented. In terms of potential he might indeed edge it, but it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be. Rothwell, especially, put in some sensational performances for the u19s and u21s last season, performances Pereira has yet to match at that level, though he's getting there. Rothwell was roughly half a year older than Pereira is now when he really started dominating for the u21s, but then he's probably lost a lot more than 6 months to injury compared to Pereira. Early season form rather than quality saw Pereira edge ahead and given his brilliant performance at MK Dons, you'd hope the challenge for Rothwell, Pearson and Harrop is to join him - rather than replace him - as part of not-too-distant-future first team squads.

Dazzmondo

Rothwell is very talented tbh. But yeah, Pereira is probably a better dribbler.

Crashoutcassius

Was really good vs MK Dons, much better than most u18s games Ive seen him in. He plays better the deeper he is from what I can tell. Woul love to see him involved today and play well

The Red Thinker

Has he confirmed the juice will be involved?
Pereira was seen part of the team in the hotel, so he'll be on the bench. Blackett may even start with Jones out, but Rojo takes his position so I'm not sure. Januzaj will be benched as well. So there's enough juice there.

FromTheBench

Pereira was seen part of the team in the hotel, so he'll be on the bench. Blackett may even start with Jones out, but Rojo takes his position so I'm not sure. Januzaj will be benched as well. So there's enough juice there.
Not necessary that Pereira will be on the bench tbf. They might have taken one extra player to the hotel anyway, especially for experience and getting him integrated into the group etc..

It's a home game so slightly strange they are staying in the hotel for a night anyway. Guess, it's because the new guys are resident there till they find a house.

Redo91

Not necessary that Pereira will be on the bench tbf. They might have taken one extra player to the hotel anyway, especially for experience and getting him integrated into the group etc..

It's a home game so slightly strange they are staying in the hotel for a night anyway. Guess, it's because the new guys are resident there till they find a house.
They still in the Lowry before every home game as far as I know.

FromTheBench

They still in the Lowry before every home game as far as I know.
Ah ok didn't know that. I thought they did it only for some games.

Wonder if they take the exact match squad there, or couple more extra players.

Redo91

Ah ok didn't know that. I thought they did it only for some games.

Wonder if they take the exact match squad there, or couple more extra players.
Ya there is always a few extra players taken so no guarantee he will be on the bench but it's a good sign nonetheless.

FromTheBench

Just posted this few minutes ago.

Quote (Not showing up) -

Lets go, Game day! ⚽ #Deusnocomando#Amem

Mister_Stubbs

But, but.. our identity is dead...

Happy to see Andreas on the bench though, he could be this seasons Adnan.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I hope if, i mean when we have a comfortable lead he'll bring him on, feck up the identity brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.