Andreas Pereira | 2014/15 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribec

Rather had seen him on than Januzaj, and would have brought RVP off, and pushed Rooney back up top. However, this is where I thought he would be this season, playing in the Capitol One Cup, and a few games sitting on the bench and a few chances this season. I will suggest we'll start to see more and more of him from here on in, and next year he'll be challenging for a starting position with everyone else.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Encouraging signs to see him on the bench, LvG clearly rates him highly. With all the new signings and players on the bench, it was always going to be hard for him to actually get subbed on, but this is the first time he is in the match day squad at all I think (not counting the MK Dons game). A big step on its own. He'll make a few appearances this season for sure.

khoazany

Wondering if he will play for the U21s tomorrow.Wilson didn't play with the U21s last time he was involved with the first team.With Lawrence gone,Wilson injured and Pereira with the first team we might see quite a different team tomorrow.

kundalini

Shame he didn't get a chance. I imagine he, along with Reece James, Lingard and Wilson, will be on the bench for perhaps 10 PL games each this season but may not get many mins on the pitch.

m1y2

Rather had seen him on than Januzaj, and would have brought RVP off, and pushed Rooney back up top. However, this is where I thought he would be this season, playing in the Capitol One Cup, and a few games sitting on the bench and a few chances this season. I will suggest we'll start to see more and more of him from here on in, and next year he'll be challenging for a starting position with everyone else.
yes, I actually thought he could come and boss the midfield to see the game out for us, this was perfect time to bring him on but we wrere one substitution short. As Rafael needed to be rested, Falcao always making his debut and yeah he might come on for dimaria as well as januzaj but adnan is not playing simply because we are playing diamond in other case he would be starter so we need him to be content here giving him regular time on the pitch.. But I want to see him play desperately. It will be very interesting next season: our midfield could easily be: Herrera, Blind, diMaria, Strootman, Carrick, Pereira, quite experienced and still very young and full of energy..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Probably easing him into the First team squad and keeping him hungry, i.e. earn your minutes.

Redo91

Probably easing him into the First team squad and keeping him hungry, i.e. earn your minutes.
That's true. Just seemed like with us being 4-0 up that it made sense to give him a run. I hope we get his contract sorted soon.

jb8521

Obviously Januzaj will get the attention for his hat trick for the u21s tonight but I thought Pereira was excellent again he's had a really good start to the season and is showing really good signs that his game is maturing from training with the seniors and he took his goal really well as well

Redo91

Obviously Januzaj will get the attention for his hat trick for the u21s tonight but I thought Pereira was excellent again he's had a really good start to the season and is showing really good signs that his game is maturing from training with the seniors and he took his goal really well as well
As I said in the match thread I'm glad he is being given a run in a deeper role now. Ultimately I think he will end up as a CM rather than a #10.

jb8521

As I said in the match thread I'm glad he is being given a run in a deeper role now. Ultimately I think he will end up as a CM rather than a #10.
Yeah I've always said that. I think he gets crowded out a bit playing as a 10 he normally takes his touch to make the yard of space but because he's so close to goal there's always another player there where as when he plays deeper once he makes the space he actually has a bit of time and space to affect the game. I also think playing him as a 10 with a single striker ahead of him takes away one of his best attributes which is his ability to open up the game with Scholesy style long balls. Also worth noting that he played deeper for the Belgium under age teams which is where he has looked at his best and where he got his high reputation and also won player of the tournament at the 2013 Milk Cup playing deeper. Here's a video of him for Belgium for anyone who hasnt seen it before

Redo91

Yeah I've always said that. I think he gets crowded out a bit playing as a 10 he normally takes his touch to make the yard of space but because he's so close to goal there's always another player there where as when he plays deeper once he makes the space he actually has a bit of time and space to affect the game. I also think playing him as a 10 with a single striker ahead of him takes away one of his best attributes which is his ability to open up the game with Scholesy style long balls. Also worth noting that he played deeper for the Belgium under age teams which is where he has looked at his best and where he got his high reputation and also won player of the tournament at the 2013 Milk Cup playing deeper. Here's a video of him for Belgium for anyone who hasnt seen it before
Ya he was brilliant at the Milk Cup playing deeper. The extra responsibility of being more involved in the game seems to bring the best out of him.

I remember watching that video when we first signed him. Hard to believe he was only 15 or 16 there.

Devil may care

Glad to hear he had a good game and that he played in a deeper CM role again, I think over the next 18 months he can start challenging for a spot in the diamond where Herrera plays, not talking about pushing him out, just simply offering a genuine option there depending on form/injuries etc.

Is their a vid of his performance in the game tonight?

In Rainbows

Spot on.

Dante

Average bang
If he can't sort out how quickly he releases the ball, he'll struggle to make it in any position. Hopefully it's just an experience thing rather than a lack of vision.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
For the first time in a long time we've got four youngsters so close to the first team. If him, Wilson, Blackett and Lingard make it then it'll be a big win for our academy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great that LVG is showing trust in him. I reckon he loves his style of play. Keeps it ticking over nicely, but at the right time has the natural ability to dribble and the flair to beat a man. Has 2 great feet and can pass long or short.

He actually reminds me of Gundogan a little, perhaps without his pace though.

If he continues to improve we've got another solid CM on or hands :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Every time I watch this boy feel like I need to contain my excitement. He has everything that you would want in a modern day midfielder - literally is all about whether he can bring these attributes to the field against top opposition, he needs to be tested at a higher level now.

FromTheBench

Woody and LVG need to sort out his contract ASAP.

In the team dinner photos as well.

SATA

He looks like he's about to trip on the ball on a few occasions when he has possession. Needs to be more decisive and sort that one out

Gerald G

I agree. December last year I wrote this when he played in the U19 Champions League match. He wasn't really playing too well as a 10 that time but he was performing better a bit deeper. It's no surprise he was impressive vs MK Dons playing deeper too. He was dictating the game when he came on.
Anyone else think Andreas Pereira may be better in the deeper midfield role? Not seen him play there regularly but been very impressed when he does.

jb8521

I agree. December last year I wrote this when he played in the U19 Champions League match. He wasn't really playing too well as a 10 that time but he was performing better a bit deeper. It's no surprise he was impressive vs MK Dons playing deeper too. He was dictating the game when he came on.
Yep I think he's the type of player who's far better when he has the game in front of him rather than having to play with his back to goal and having to try and turn and do something while being tightly marked which often happens when he plays as a 10. When he plays deeper he can arrive in the box unmarked as well which we saw the other night and we saw a few times from Herrera against QPR which is something the first team has been missing for a long time.

Gerald G

Yep I think he's the type of player who's far better when he has the game in front of him rather than having to play with his back to goal and having to try and turn and do something while being tightly marked which often happens when he plays as a 10. When he plays deeper he can arrive in the box unmarked as well which we saw the other night and we saw a few times from Herrera against QPR which is something the first team has been missing for a long time.
Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how many minutes he gets for the first team this season. I'm hoping he signs a new contract too. But he was ahead of Anderson on the bench vs QPR, does that mean he's ahead of him in terms of a first team spot?

Devil may care

Thanks for posting the vid. I know I am going to get slated for it but he has all the look of a Gundogan or Pjanic about his style, I am really excited to see him develop under LvG, the way he can create that bit of space for himself with a dribble or little injection of pace is what top CM's need and his passing range and weight is very good. I also like the way that after he passes he moves immediately to give an option for the return.

SirAF

Ageist
Looks like the real deal - I'll be very excited to keep an eye on him.

SATA

I think its also his strength, he often puts defender on the wrong foot with it, its his way of getting past a defender, if he develops it, it could be a huge quality for him.
Yes that feint and body movement. It's good wrong footing a defender, just hope he doesn't wrong foot himself and trip over. Notice how Anderson lazily passes to him then ran somewhere else or stood still while Pereira did the rest of the work

REJE

izec

thats not good tbh. Time to get him and De Gea a contract extension. Would be silly to go at the moment, but it could happen. I can see Juve waiting for January 1st to get their usual deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.