Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

itso 7

His passing off either foot is so accurate and confident, and his positioning to constantly be in a place to recieve was spot on tonight, ultimately I see him playing as one of the #8's in a midfield 3 but learning the #6 role wont hurt him.
I think he is being groomed to become our DLP who will play alongside a DM with Pogba in a Lampardsque advanced role so him learning the defensive aspect of the game will come in handy because it will make him useful off the ball and when we play against fodder we can play him in a two with Pogba allowing us to add an attacker. If he is not utilized in the squad as cover to Pogba and Herrera this season it will be tragic because he looks ready as well as being able to add something to the side's overall creativity.

BarstoolProphet

He got everything in his locker to be a £50m player in today's market. Would be a huge shame if he doesn't get a good run of games in the first team now.

Pre-season can deceive but he is very impressive. Really looking forward to see how he copes against City and Real Madrid. Hope he's one of the 60 min players.

pascell

If not, he is leaving next summer. He will be 22 by then. Same age Thiago was when he left Barcelona.
Completely different scenarios. Players who have one bad or below average season shouldn't be sold. If we use one season to decide whether to sell a player or not then Martial, Lingard, Fellaini and Shaw would've been out the door more times than the line of Scousers at the job centre on sign on day!

He's had a good start to pre season and had a very solid season last season, hopefully he keeps it up for the rest of this season too.

Litch

Honestly, I don't see it. Great technical ability but sorry doesn't impose himself on the game.

Litch

He's playing the DM role, how much imposing did you want to see?
You can impose yourself on the game from any position. The more physical games, he disappears. Just doesn't have the physicality for the league but I'm sure there are other leagues that he does.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You can impose yourself on the game from any position. The more physical games, he disappears. Just doesn't have the physicality for the league but I'm sure there are other leagues that he does.
Absolutely hate this myth. Did Modric have the physicality? Would you turn down Iniesta in his prime due to lack of physicality? Not all players have to rely on their physical attributes to be successful. He'll learn how to cope with it using his own skills and players won't be able to get near him.

Reactions: Sultan

VanGaalEra

Be honest, how many physical games have you actually seen him play in?

Mcking

Here we go again, the good ol' physicality over technical ability.
Glad to see we have an 'english pundit' here.

CG1010

The same would have been said for Scholes also I am sure.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I would be very surprised if Andreas doesn't get a lot of minutes this season the lad oozes with class. Love watching him play and he's got some cross on him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Here we go again, the good ol' physicality over technical ability.
Glad to see we have an 'english pundit' here.
It's stupid and shows what's still wrong in England. You don't need to be a physical beast to be successful, I mean, Real just won the CL a 2nd time without having such a player in the squad. Pereira has obviously other qualities but then again, if someone has such a one dimensional way to look at players, you cant help

Water Melon

It's stupid and shows what's still wrong in England. You don't need to be a physical beast to be successful, I mean, Real just won the CL a 2nd time without having such a player in the squad. Pereira has obviously other qualities but then again, if someone has such a one dimensional way to look at players, you cant help
Million times this ^
The lad is young. His passing is very good and matches his lovely vision of the game. Closes down the channels well, reads the game superbly and can cut through an entire midfield. Has fast legs to accompany his football brain. He is no Veira physically, but com'on there is something Modric-esque about him. Will get a shirt with his name on it.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Why do people on here have an obsession with physicality and size when judging players?

Ironically it's seen as a bad thing with our newly acquired striker.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Million times this ^
The lad is young. His passing is very good and matches his lovely vision of the game. Closes down the channels well, reads the game superbly and can cut through an entire midfield. Has fast legs to accompany his football brain. He is no Veira physically, but com'on there is something Modric-esque about him. Will get a shirt with his name on it.
He reminds me a bit of Thiago but then again, not sure he's rated by everyone on here ;)

I am convinced that if Jose gives him minutes this season, he will prove his worth and develop into a great midfielder

parkthebuslads

Surprised to see questions about him physically. He's not the biggest but he's tenacious and wont be bullied. Add in his ability on the ball and I see no reason for him to struggle in that way.

3KDré

He reminds me a bit of Thiago but then again, not sure he's rated by everyone on here ;)

I am convinced that if Jose gives him minutes this season, he will prove his worth and develop into a great midfielder
I'm just hoping for this:

Herrera
Periera-Pogba​
It would be defensively solid enough with an abundance creativity.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
While I definitely agree with you on your point, Real has Casemiro in that strong physical midfield compounent. They're still great if they play without him and he isn't just a brute player but a very accomplished midfielder (in terms of passing and technique).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Surprised to see questions about him physically. He's not the biggest but he's tenacious and wont be bullied. Add in his ability on the ball and I see no reason for him to struggle in that way.
Dont worry, it's basically one who's got no clue. Pereira is ace, no doubt

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
While I definitely agree with you on your point, Real has Casemiro in that strong physical midfield compounent. They're still great if they play without him and he isn't just a brute player but a very accomplished midfielder (in terms of passing and technique).
But Casimero is not a physical beast who dominates opponents. Of course he's good defensively, a good tackler and all, but his on the ball skills are also excellent. We dont need such a player either as long as the other players are good enough.
To not rate a player like Pereira cause of his physicality is just stupid though

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm just hoping for this:

Herrera
Periera-Pogba​
It would be defensively solid enough with an abundance creativity.
I'd love it tbh but I am not sure Jose is ready to play Pereira just yet and on a regular basis. He seems to trust so much more the older players and I worry that Fellaini will be played too often instead of Pereira

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But Casimero is not a physical beast who dominates opponents. Of course he's good defensively, a good tackler and all, but his on the ball skills are also excellent. We dont need such a player either as long as the other players are good enough.
To not rate a player like Pereira cause of his physicality is just stupid though
He isn't a beast but he is just enough to bring them that bite. He does dominate his opponents physically in a way too. Pereira doesn't need to be like that to be a great players, it's about time idiots learn that. There have been enough short and small players who have good to great in the PL.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's not that I don't like him or something but I cannot escape the feeling that he's being overrated here, which is probably normal given he's one of our youth. Still, it's the same thing as with TFM for me, except for the fact that Andreas had a successful(?) loan spell.

His physicality is irrelevant too.

Red_toad

He isn't a beast but he is just enough to bring them that bite. He does dominate his opponents physically in a way too. Pereira doesn't need to be like that to be a great players, it's about time idiots learn that. There have been enough short and small players who have good to great in the PL.
Welcome to a forum where opinions are allowed to differ. In a league where players who are the best in the league are usually physically imposing, it's not idiotic to point out some short arse might struggle. Lad is very much an unknown quality in the league and it remains to be seen how or if he progresses.

rocks13

Why do people on here have an obsession with physicality and size when judging players?

Ironically it's seen as a bad thing with our newly acquired striker.
Hard not to when our manager seems keen to build a team of giants.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Contract is up at the end of the season.
We have an option to extend by extra year to 2019

He's the most impressive so far for me on pre-season. Not saying much I suppose since we looked more leggy and rusty today than against LA. Pings balls around very well, weight and accuracy wise. Herrera shows you dont need to be a big lad to do a cracking job. Pereira has show tenacity and bite, not afraid at all.

I think he can do a job for us, easily. At 21 - still learning but he as the right attributes to play from deep, especially in a midfield where we may try hold the ball and have possession. Tackling will come, or if we get Matic or AN other, rotation with Herrera would be sweet.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
For this role, I think Herrera has potential. Hence I believe a midfield of Herrera, Pogba and Pereira could work very nicely

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I would like to see Pereira given a run out on the right wing. He's fairly quick, can beat a man and, most importantly, the kid's got a wicked cross on him. With a big lad up top we could do with consistent delivery from the flanks. I think Pereira will suit us best down the right.

dasty

Pereira is not your typical timid, small sized midfielder. There is a reason why he has 10 yellow cards for Granada last season - this boy has a temper similar to Scholes. He is not afraid to let his opponents know he is no pushover and does not shy away from a 50/50 ball or even a tackle.

And his technique is superb. Love watching him moving the ball around, everything is just smooth from him.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I would like to see Pereira given a run out on the right wing. He's fairly quick, can beat a man and, most importantly, the kid's got a wicked cross on him. With a big lad up top we could do with consistent delivery from the flanks. I think Pereira will suit us best down the right.
He can receive and pass with either foot. He is a heads up player and I would prefer to see him more central because of those things.

RedStarUnited

Sell him and stick a buy back. We need to stop this hanging on to players thing. He needs regular playing time and we cant afford to give him enough of it.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Absolutely hate this myth. Did Modric have the physicality? Would you turn down Iniesta in his prime due to lack of physicality? Not all players have to rely on their physical attributes to be successful. He'll learn how to cope with it using his own skills and players won't be able to get near him.
Particularly as football is becoming less and less of a contact sport.

Also, do people think physicality isn't something that can be worked on? Anybody can get stronger within a few months with a good programme and correct nutrition, it isn't rocket science and doesn't require any talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.