g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Andreas Pereira signs new deal until June 2023

Bondi77

I am alright with it, he has good technique and by all accounts is a really good trainer.
He had a few good moments last season and I think to really judge a player he has to be given a decent run of games, take Lindelof for example.
Maybe our marketing department can organize a few dance moves for him so he can strut his stuff if he scores a screamer...Paul who?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The same fans would be moaning when his contract expired and he walked on a free. This place is so toxic, it's getting difficult to filter through and find those with balanced viewpoints.
Who are those fans? Doubt there is anyone “at this moment” will be moaning about him walking on free. I have read this type of comment many times “the same fans bla bla bla”, some people just love making things up.

Number32

I swear I read the same comments on Lingard previously it's a deja vu.

So at what age a player stops becoming a "youngster" and "young talent" ?
Lingard was decent last season before the injury. Ander was also being a important squad player when Herrera and Matic injured.

You might missed his performance vs Southampton. He step up with important goal when Pogba flop.

Kostov

I like him as a player and I hope he kicks on next season, but why such a long extension? I think giving him a shorter contract would have been more wise, but nonetheless I think it won't be a problem with his motivation.

Chairman Steve

He may well be a late developing player and we’d probably need to use him as per his real position of being a more attacking central midfielder and not a defensive one.

These days, contract extensions are also seen as protecting a sell on value too, and not necessarily just showing long term commitment to keeping them.

JK-27

I like him, I do, but he's 23 now and has still yet to really break through. Is he the player we need, is he going to catapult us back to winning ways? No, so I'm not too sure why we have him around to be fair. Makes up the squad numbers but he's another example of a player who doesn't really meet our standards yet we seem to sign to long-term contracts.

Red00012

We’re in a period where we need as much to leave as we need to sign yet here we are renewing mediocrity.

In the last 6-7 months we’ve renewed Ashley Young , Chris Smalling , Juan Mata, Phil Jones and Andres Pereira.

5 players right there show us what we’re becoming. A top 6/7 team and happy at that. We are a big mess at the moment.

ottosec

A talented squad player with a professional attitude. No brainer to give him a new contract, in my opinion.

Devil may care

I always hoped he'd push on but there's been very little progress and Ole gave him a few chances. I thought we were just extending him for a year rather than giving him a full new contract, hopefully he can develop next season.

El Jefe

He's just not good enough.

Will be sold in a couple of years after contributing very little.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Give him 20 starts and see if he starts contributing. If not, sell for both our and his good. Cleverley was a much more useful player for us and we couldn't wait to see the back of him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Dont see the point of this, but im praying that he can push on. He has energy and thats what Ole wants in his squad. Maybe he needs to stop trying to be someone he's not and simplify his game.

Allas8

Reality is, Andreas is better then both Herrera and Bruno Fernandes. Time to give him a chance and see how far he can take us, Andreas is probably the most talented CM coming out of the club since Scholes.

Better then Fletcher at 23 years old, and Pogba left.

Josep Dowling

Reality is, Andreas is better then both Herrera and Bruno Fernandes. Time to give him a chance and see how far he can take us, Andreas is probably the most talented CM coming out of the club since Scholes.

Is this a wum? He’s nowhere near good enough. He couldn’t even get games at Valencia.

3KDré

I see no issue with him being a backup centre mid- which he will be for most of the season.

Allas8

Is this a wum? He’s nowhere near good enough. He couldn’t even get games at Valencia.
Am I not allowed to have a different opinion then everyone else? I know its all doom and gloom in here, but the new season is about to start, get over it.

Allas8

Reality is that we beat PSG with Andreas in our team. He need time time and a platform to perform on to get to the player we dream that he can become. Andreas will not be the first player to step up his performance once he close in on 25 years old, and the coaches at he club has consistently been praising Andreas for his abilitys, the fact that he was given a new contract and will be playing regularly next season does not come as a shock to me.

hobbers

Better then Fletcher at 23 years old
:lol:

Allas8

I atleast remember Fletcher struggling in his first couple of years at the club, but maybe im just wrong on that part. Herrera is currently overrated though, right now he is better then Andreas yes, but he is also older, give Andreas 2 more seasons and he will perform better then Herrera ever did for us.

Sir Scott McToMinay

That reality can only exist in a different dimension, light years from this one.

The guy isn’t even the most talented CM who came out of the academy in this current team, what are you talking about?

Absolutely bizarre post.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Am I not allowed to have a different opinion then everyone else? I know its all doom and gloom in here, but the new season is about to start, get over it.
Get over what? The fact that we're shit and have no clue what we're doing?

hobbers

I atleast remember Fletcher struggling in his first couple of years at the club, but maybe im just wrong on that part. Herrera is currently overrated though, right now he is better then Andreas yes, but he is also older, give Andreas 2 more seasons and he will perform better then Herrera ever did for us.
I don't see anything from Pereira that I didn't see from Cleverley or Tunnicliffe or Possebon or any other number of midfielders who just were never going to be good enough for this level.

His position last summer as the leading midfield prospect was easily taken by McTominay over the course of last season, who himself is at best a solid prospect. About the only thing you could definitely say is that Pereira has a great free kick. That's it.

Allas8

I don't see anything from Pereira that I didn't see from Cleverley or Tunnicliffe or Possebon or any other number of midfielders who just were never going to be good enough for this level.

His position last summer as the leading midfield prospect was easily taken by McTominay over the course of last season, who himself is at best a solid prospect. About the only thing you could definitely say is that Pereira has a great free kick. That's it.
Cleverley carved out a fairly solid career for him self over at Watford, probably would have been held in higher regards by our fans if SAF stayed for another 5 years.

I don't have any problems conceding that McTominay is a better talent then Andreas, our squad is big enough for both. As I see it, McTominay is better defensively, while Andreas is better offensively, so the fact that Mourinho played McTominay over Andreas is a given, as Mourinho likes strict organized defenses (in my opinion). It is also worth noting that last season the team was in disarray with changing manager mid-season, and Andreas was never given much offensive responsibility, as he was competing foremost with Pogba in that department.

Andreas also got one thing that Pogba lacks, the correct mentality to make it as a United player. Good work ethics and good freekicks, where have I heard that before? Given a chance, I think Andreas can develop into becoming one of the best creating midfielders in the league, and there is a path open for him now. Anyway, i'll drop it now.

Ranchero

Good grief. How wrong can anyone actually be.

eltigreFalcao

Rate him highly. If Pogba goes, I think Ole should consider a switch to a 4231 formation with a classic Nº10, thus you could utilise Mata, Pereira and Fernandes (should he come in) in a more adecuate role, rather than forcing them to play somewhere else. You could also pair a solid double pivot to protect de back four and let them wingers run.

There's people here who could take a dump on every single player that comes out of the academy. Some of them even name themselves "united academy". #Pitiful

Dante

Average bang
I don't rate him, but I'm willing to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt.

I struggle to see what position he'll be suited to, though. Maybe a bit of gym work can help him turn into a Hererra or Kante type. Who knows?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Rate him pretty good.
He is 23 yrs of age (not a youth player). Please explain what he has done at MUFC, to warrant the, "I rate him" comment?
Genuine question.

BTW, He is exactly the sort of player who should be sold, to make way for another player (his wages could be used on another player).
We hang onto deadwood, for dear life.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Okay. Now I am convinced that there are people on this forum who haven't ever watched us play. This is the only explanation.

:lol: