Ange Postecoglou | New Spurs boss on 4 year contract

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Udogie was signed the summer before, and Vicario was announced just a few weeks after Ange so I'm not sure if he had much to do with that signing. Even Maddison was a long term link.
Yeah sometimes hard to know whether a coach has a say, or whether the player was an investment by the club. Was he active behind the scenes before the signing was public? Did he have nothing to do with xfers?

adkb

I don't see how you can say he has been terrible?

I thought they'd really struggle this season without Kane, but they've done very well to finish in the top five.
I mean to say only from the perspective that United has had an abysmal season, and spurs are not very far away from them on the table.

Obviously he has got certain players firing, dealt with no Kane, and made new players fit right into the system, but overall I called him terrible only from the perspective of how close they are to us, when we are having the most terrible season ever.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Kane is good, but he tends to swallow up play that could have spread around by making himself the focal point. I didn't think Spurs would struggle that badly without him. They've struggled at times because some if their players are streaky and their defense could still use some upgrades.

Grande

I mean to say only from the perspective that United has had an abysmal season, and spurs are not very far away from them on the table.

Obviously he has got certain players firing, dealt with no Kane, and made new players fit right into the system, but overall I called him terrible only from the perspective of how close they are to us, when we are having the most terrible season ever.
But we are not having the most terrible seadon ever.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I actually think he's a genuine person, the type that Liverpool fans think Klopp is. Klopp is a performer, playing up for the cameras, everything is performative with him.

erikcred

I actually think he's a genuine person, the type that Liverpool fans think Klopp is. Klopp is a performer, playing up for the cameras, everything is performative with him.
Klopp comes across as genuine in interviews that are not immediately after a match. Seems like when he comes into the stadium, he switches personalities completely. Guess this act puts the fear in his players, but he ends up looking like an idiot on camera.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
How has he spent 170 mn on new defenders and a goalkeeper and still conceded more goals than Utd?

With Liverpool away and Man City still to play he could be on track to concede more that 60 goals

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
How shit are that lot? Made us look semi decent.

Joel Miller

One things for sure, in a big league where he’s not got a team streets ahead of the rest, he’s always going to be sussed pretty quickly. It’s already happened at Spurs, teams have worked out how to play them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
One things for sure, in a big league where he’s not got a team streets ahead of the rest, he’s always going to be sussed pretty quickly. It’s already happened at Spurs, teams have worked out how to play them.
Too early to be saying all that. Over reaction as usual. Hes had a decent first season

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
His honeymoon period has carried him. The matches against United and Liverpool could've gone very differently.

Irwin99

Needed to win tonight. Top 4 gone for them I think, and they'll roll over for City when they play them.

Disappointing season for them really.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
So Glaston's found a spurs forum to post on after being band. I wonder if Amadaeus is posting on a Mauricio Pochettino forum right now.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I don't get it.

Looking likely they'll end up with the same points total Conte was on course to get when he was sacked (66/67 points) and finish in around the same position he would have (5th/6th), except this season they've had no European football and managed to get knocked out of both cups extremely early on so they've quite literally only had the league to worry about all season.

Lost three on the bounce now, won just two of their last seven (and they were against Luton and Forest), and have been beaten 3-0 by Fulham, 4-0 by Newcastle, and now 2-0 by Chelsea in that run.

Yes, they lost Kane, but if last season was woefully short of expectations, how is essentially matching that performance (with no European football) a good season? At best, he's done the bare minimum, and I can't see how they're going to contend with eight Thursday/Sundays at a minimum next season.

Robbie Boy

I don't get it.

Looking likely they'll end up with the same points total Conte was on course to get when he was sacked (66/67 points) and finish in around the same position he would have (5th/6th), except this season they've had no European football and managed to get knocked out of both cups extremely early on so they've quite literally only had the league to worry about all season.

Lost three on the bounce now, won just two of their last seven (and they were against Luton and Forest), and have been beaten 3-0 by Fulham, 4-0 by Newcastle, and now 2-0 by Chelsea in that run.

Yes, they lost Kane, but if last season was woefully short of expectations, how is essentially matching that performance (with no European football) a good season? At best, he's done the bare minimum, and I can't see how they're going to contend with eight Thursday/Sundays at a minimum next season.
He seems like a good bloke, and his football can be good at times but, it's also terribly naive. The early wankfest on here about him was beyond nauseating.

kaku06

Vulgarian
He has been badly found out. Just for context
First 10 matches - 26 points
After that honeymoon period,
24 Matches - 34 points

High line for life, mate.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If we had any sort of form we'd be above them now
Since 30th December we've dropped 9 points with goals conceded after the 80th minute.

We'd be on Villa's heels if we could see out a game.

Gfooty

Weren't Spurs first or second place for a short run somewhere beginning of the season? Master class bottlers

Blood Mage

Since 30th December we've dropped 9 points with goals conceded after the 80th minute.

We'd be on Villa's heels if we could see out a game.
Spurs and Villa are nothing special at all and it highlights how bad ETH has been this season that we couldn't get near them.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Spurs and Villa are nothing special at all and it highlights how bad ETH has been this season that we couldn't get near them.
Oh, absolutely. It'd be a shitshow even if we were those 9 points better off. It was more of a comparison to the weird love-in Big Ange is still getting from certain sections.

renatosanches85

Oh, absolutely. It'd be a shitshow even if we were those 9 points better off. It was more of a comparison to the weird love-in Big Ange is still getting from certain sections.
It’s not weird. Journalists shape the narrative, Ange is media friendly and gives them plenty of sound bites. The veneer of being a “straight shooter”’will wear off soon I feel

Castia

It’s fizzled out a bit and they’ll be disappointed not getting top 4 but after a disastrous last season and losing Kane in the summer it could have gone a whole lot worse if you ask me.

They should have some funds this summer I wouldn’t be surprised to see Spurs strengthen with 4-5 quality signings

tomaldinho1

It’s fizzled out a bit and they’ll be disappointed not getting top 4 but after a disastrous last season and losing Kane in the summer it could have gone a whole lot worse if you ask me.

They should have some funds this summer I wouldn’t be surprised to see Spurs strengthen with 4-5 quality signings
They spent big last summer, if they miss CL footy money will Levy really sanction 4-5 quality signings? Even if they somehow got CL, I don’t think he would!

RuudTom83

Hmmm where are all the pundits that were drooling over him now? they never get called out for the constant bollocks they spew throughout the season.

This season it was Ange and DeZerbi they went all in after 2 weeks of the season and come the end of the season they have achieved nowt.