Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'll be pretty bummed if we got him and not Vidal. We don't need an improvement, we need a proper fix. Di Maria is class, but he's the former.

In Rainbows

I like how he wants to leave as opposed to rotting on the bench, getting a few games.
Why would Ancelotti say they wanted to keep him if, according to you, they really didn't?
The fans want to keep him. Perez doesn't. Carlo has to say that to sell the narrative that Real tried their best to keep him, but money got in the way. The real reason is that Perez forced him out by way of James, his shiny new toy.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Or he was tirred of being treated like a clown in that circus of a club of yours. He probably didn't satisfy Perez who didn't rate him anymore as an ego signing, the guy doesn't care about good players for Madrid he cares about signings that boost his ego. Likely Di Maria got sick of being treated like an inferior Galatico, especially after last season and wanted out.
Was waiting for the word circus to come up. How rich from you.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Guys, Vato was just kidding. Relax.

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah, he probably got tired of winning things. He won't have that problem anymore now!
Nah, I'd say he's just fed up with your spoiled fan-base that starts riots when you lose your only game of the season. God help you if you went through a season that we just did.

Raul Madrid

Nah, I'd say he's just fed up with your spoiled fan-base that starts riots when you lose your only game of the season. God help you if you went through a season that we just did.
We would probably do something ridiculous like hire a plane asking for the manager to be sacked or something? :p

predator

Youth NITK
The fans want to keep him. Perez doesn't. Carlo has to say that to sell the narrative that Real tried their best to keep him, but money got in the way. The real reason is that Perez forced him out by way of James, his shiny new toy.
This is plausible and all but you can't deem it as fact. There could be other factors that have decided his destination. We might find out.

Phil

I'm thinking about mentioning my cock's current position, for the first time in my 11 years on Redcafe.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Thoughts on this signing mate?

I personally think there's a connection between us telling Welbeck to go and signing Di Maria.
Feels a lot like the Mata and van Persie signings - surprised we're getting him, delighted we're bringing in someone of his calibre but not really sure where he fits in just yet. Plus one of relief that we'll have some genuine pace in the team at all times. We had it last season with Welbeck sometimes and Januzaj others but there were too many games where we just didn't have any pace in the team whatsoever. Januzaj and Di Maria in the same team is the strongest pair of dribblers we've had since Giggs & Ronaldo in 06/07 or possibly even Kanchelskis & Giggs over a decade earlier so it'll be nice to have a bit of excitement in the team again.

There probably is a link between the two and that is unfortunate because I think Welbeck was really starting to flourish here following his best season goalscoring-wise in his career. I completely understand why Welbeck wants to leave and why van Gaal is happy to bring in Di Maria regardless but I do think he'll be a 20+ goal a season striker that could have done a job for us after Rooney and van Persie. Maybe when Rooney retires he can come back in the prime of his career.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Ah forgot about that, we've never won one of those. Hopefully next year, eh? ;)
@Vato It's really shiny. It would definitely stand out in amongst the 10 /European/CL cups you have. :lol:

On a more serious note, you linked some forums for us last night. From what I could decipher it seems many RM fans think Ronaldo is on his way out. I don't mean as in being sold, but that his body is ageing and injuries stacking up and he can't be trusted as being the force he once was. Is that really how you guys feel? Or just a couple of numpties opinions? Also, just wondering how much ADM was on at RM? And how much is James on? If James joined with a higher wage, I could see another reason why ADM would be pissed off.

Last edited:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I expect an announcement tonight saying everything has been agreed and he will be a United player pending a medical which will occur tomorrow.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol:

Damn you autocorrect.
It could become a thing...maybe eventually it will be a fashionable trend for fans to grow mullets over the transfer window. Players might even start doing it too, as a signal they want to leave or something.

FromTheBench

Arsenal got a very good deal on Sanchez looking those figures. He is not exactly what they needed though but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.