Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
No thanks, I don't want Madrid's leftovers....

Oh who am I kidding, this would be incredible! He is better than any of our wingers have ever been (no windup at all), and can even play in centre midfield, cracking player.

Plugsy

If he is on our list of targets then I don't foresee an issue if the stories of Madrid wanting to move him on to make room for others is true. It could help us with the transfer fee a bit and mean we'd get him for less than true market value. But if he isn't on our list of targets I doubt we'll abandon them just to help Madrid out.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It'll take me a bit of time to get used to seeing him in an United shirt. He is a bit of a diver and he can be infuriating at times, more so than Nani. His performance against Switzerland epitomized this.

Still, if he can cut out the crap then I'll warm to him quickly.

Suus

Di Maria is an excellent player. However, I'm unsure how well he will fit in at a club where nobody is pampered as much as they are at Madrid. That's always been my concern about the purchase of Madrid players.

There are other players out there for reasonable money who havent been 'ruined' by the nature that is Real Madrid. Some players get past it when they leave, some dont. Sneijder, Robben, Vaart did, Ozil, Huntelaar, Robinho didnt.

I for one would like Di Maria to join, but I have certain reservations and moreover his price at €50m. If it gets lowered to around €40m I'm ready to deal, but right now the reported price is too steep. There are other players, just as capable for much lower prices. El Shaarawy, Bernard, Draxler.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Di Maria is an excellent player. However, I'm unsure how well he will fit in at a club where nobody is pampered as much as they are at Madrid. That's always been my concern about the purchase of Madrid players.

There are other players out there for reasonable money who havent been 'ruined' by the nature that is Real Madrid. Some players get past it when they leave, some dont. Sneijder, Robben, Vaart did, Ozil, Huntelaar, Robinho didnt.

I for one would like Di Maria to join, but I have certain reservations and moreover his price at €50m. If it gets lowered to around €40m I'm ready to deal, but right now the reported price is too steep. There are other players, just as capable for much lower prices. El Shaarawy, Bernard, Draxler.
His quality isn't specific to Madrid. Many here rated him highly when he was at Benfica.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's a horrible cnut, detestable player and so on but I suppose I'll take him over any of our wingers ( bar Januzaj ) right now.

Won't cry if it doesn't go through though.

RedStarUnited

Those three are not as good as Di Maria. And I dont understand the pampering thing you are talking either...

Cina

Wasn't he the Argie's best player in WC2010? Pretty sure people on here were talking about signing him back then too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Interview with NOTV in 2009

“Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day forManchester United.

“And I won’t stop till I get it.

“When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford.

“When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”

Rudie

Mentary
So El Confidencial seems to think this is done... Worst pass completion rate of the World Cup in the last game but we know not to judge players on their World Cup performances.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All will be well in his world when he gets his contract extension and associated fecking enormous pay bump that he is after.

SteveW

Shaw is handsome?
Apparently. Cafe is a strange place in transfer season. As soon as a player is signed the focus goes onto how bloody beautiful and handsome and wonderful he is. Schoolgirl crush type stuff. So yes shaw the average bloke who looks a bit old for his age becomes one of the worlds most beautiful people in the space of 5-10 gushy cafe posts.

NinjaFletch

Apparently. Cafe is a strange place in transfer season. As soon as a player is signed the focus goes onto how bloody beautiful and handsome and wonderful he is. Schoolgirl crush type stuff. So yes shaw the average bloke who looks a bit old for his age becomes one of the worlds most beautiful people in the space of 5-10 gushy cafe posts. :wenger:
He definitely looks a bit like Ryan Gosling, and apparently Ryan Gosling is handsome.

Drifter

American
So El Confidencial seems to think this is done... Worst pass completion rate of the World Cup in the last game but we know not to judge players on their World Cup performances.
Yeah they also forgot to mention Monaco may be interested. Now Monaco or Manchester,hmmm.

Jev

Reus for me. Either would be fecking incredible though.
I was going to say Reus because he's younger and has the higher ceiling, then I checked his age and he's only a year younger than Di Maria. That makes it a tie for me. I'd take Di Maria over Sanchez, though. Really excited about these rumours, also think he's perfectly suited for English football.

Stretch

Woody that you?

Ducklegs

Yeah they also forgot to mention Monaco may be interested. Now Monaco or Manchester,hmmm.
.................and PSG and Arsenal.

Its just more made up guff :/

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Di Maria or Sanchez? I couldn't give two fecks. Bring one of them in Woody!

Shark

@NotShark
Interview with NOTV in 2009

“Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day forManchester United.

“And I won’t stop till I get it.

“When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford.

“When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”
Ah, the old 'I have always dreamed of playing for United' quotes. That'd be Sneijder, Ozil, Vidal, Ronaldinho and endless others that have apparently always wanted to play for us yet fecked off elsewhere.

Santos J

I for one would like Di Maria to join, but I have certain reservations and moreover his price at €50m. If it gets lowered to around €40m I'm ready to deal, but right now the reported price is too steep. There are other players, just as capable for much lower prices. El Shaarawy, Bernard, Draxler
:lol:

El Shaarawy, Draxler & Bernard are no where near "just as capable" as Di Maria. El Sha has been poor for fecking ages, Draxler's had an average season and while Bernard's good, he's not close to Di Maria. €50m is nothing for him in today's market.

Last edited:

Mani

Hope we sign him and let this turn into other Robben story for us.

Ole90+3

Absolutely ridiculous that Real Madrid are looking to off load Di Maria. Sums them up as a club. He played such a massive part in their success last season, and made the transition to the central role fantastically.

I was never a big fan of him, but after the seeing him play a number of times last season, you can see that Ancelotti has had a great effect on him. Seems his work rate has boosted a lot since the appointment. You can imagine the positive effect working under LvG would have on his progress.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Why couldn't this be the Di Maria camp just trying to get a new deal out of Real Madrid for the part he played in their season?

Santos J

Why couldn't this be the Di Maria camp just trying to get a new deal out of Real Madrid for the part he played in their season?
Because it's the Madrid press who've started to find reasons as to why him leaving would be good/how he's not 'respected the club' enough in interviews and all that shite. Same what happened to Ozil before he left, they just turn it into being the players fault.

Ducklegs

Thats exactly what it is.

Mani

In my opinion ADM has been a great success at Real Madrid, so can't really compare it to Robben's situation.
My comparison is more towards quality players exiting real.
Robben was bit selfish with his play in his early days but turned out well for Bayern.
LGV got Robben to Bayern and now DI Maria to United,may be.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Did last season not happen for some of the people in this thread? He is better than Sanchez and co and he was Madrid's best big game player.

3 assists in the Barca game, breakthrough run and dribble past two players for the Bale header in the CL final, MOTM of the CL final...

As much as people have been salivating over a 27 year old Vidal or a 25 year old Reus (no problems wanting United to pay 40 to 50 million pounds for them), Di Maria at 26 and having proven himself as a champion winning everything there is to win at club level (unlike Vidal and Reus), is easily worth 40 million pounds in today's market.

Santos J

Thats exactly what it is.
No it isn't, it's coming from Madrid's side, not Di Maria's. They're ushering him to the exit so they can bring in Rodriguez. It's the same with what happened to Ozil before the wanted him gone, they'll find things about him that show "he's not all Madrid" etc., bollocks like 'he's not committing himself to Madrid enough in interviews', which is what they've started saying.

Did last season not happen for some of the people in this thread? He is better than Sanchez and co and he was Madrid's best big game player.

3 assists in the Barca game, breakthrough run and dribble past two players for the Bale header in the CL final, MOTM of the CL final...

As much as people have been salivating over a 27 year old Vidal or a 25 year old Reus (no problems wanting United to pay 40 to 50 million pounds for them), Di Maria at 26 and having proven himself as a champion winning everything there is to win at club level (unlike Vidal and Reus), is easily worth 40 million pounds in today's market.
Exactly, baffling that people think €50m is too steep and Bernard, El Shaarawy & Draxler would be better options ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.