Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No it isn't, it's coming from Madrid's side, not Di Maria's. They're ushering him to the exit so they can bring in Rodriguez. It's the same with what happened to Ozil before the wanted him gone, they'll find things about him that show "he's not all Madrid" etc., bollocks like 'he's not committing himself to Madrid enough in interviews', which is what they've started saying.

Exactly, baffling that people think €50m is too steep and Bernard, El Shaarawy & Draxler would be better options ffs.
I will be extremely surprised if this results in anything other than a new contract.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Every time we get an Argentine he ends up bumming us in the end. I hope he signs, but Tevez, Heinze and Veron have hurt me in the past sadface.jpeg.
Don't think Veron is on the same level as the others on the prichter scale tbf.

mufcwarm92

Veron was a good bloke. We're the ones who let him go. Heinze and Tevez are prime cnuts though.

ottosec

Despicable cnut with a really punchable face, but a top top footballer. One of those rare footballers that combine very high workrate with perfect technical ability. Can also play a bunch of position and he is very good on all of them.

I he was playing for another club, I would have been shocked that they want to sell, but with Madrid, nothing surprises me.

Would be an amazing buy, if we somehow manage to get him.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
That seems to be the word, I wouldn't argue with getting di Maria rather than Sanchez.

It's Angel di Maria btw, small d, it would be nice if the thread title was correct.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Big Dave
Rafael - Smalling - Jones - Shaw
Herrera - Vidal
Januzaj - Mata - Di Maria
Persie
The team is starting to shape up nicely now. Work your magic Woody.

Wouldn't feel at all confident starting the season with that defence, but fck it, we'd have Vidal and di Maria so who cares?

Last edited:

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
I find it baffling that Real Madrid are looking to sell after the season's he's had. There were times when he was their best player dragging them to victory when Ronaldo and Bale were off form. I hope we sign him. Time to get rid of mediocre players like Young, Valencia and Nani.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I find it baffling that Real Madrid are looking to sell after the season's he's had. There were times when he was their best player dragging them to victory when Ronaldo and Bale were off form. I hope we sign him. Time to get rid of mediocre players like Young, Valencia and Nani.
Not as vital, but it's not dissimilar to makelele

C'est Moi Cantona

Would rather Sanchez, or Robben TBH, something about this guy that makes me think he might find things a struggle in the PL.

mic.m

Well just like getting rid of Makelele this is a step backwards for them. How will James even fit in with Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema?

Bojan11

So Real Madrid will be playing a 2 man midfield then? This is going to be fun
And that could end up bring Kroos and Modric.

I did say Di Maria could be sold before the usual suspects chimed in saying even Madrid wouldn't be that stupid.

Hopefully we get him as he is what we need.

Santos J

So Real Madrid will be playing a 2 man midfield then? This is going to be fun
Worked well for them at the start of the season when Isco was playing before Ancelotti moved to 4-3-3.

GloryHunter07

I havent seen much of Argentina at the WC. Am i right in thinking he has played a bit deeper at times, or has he alays been on the wing?

Looked ace in the CL final

C'est Moi Cantona

Can't see this happening, just doesn't look good a club like United taking a player form another top club that is been openly offered to us, because they see him as surplus to requirements, would far rather piss Bayern off and go all out for Robben, or just outbid Arsenal for Sanchez if he can be persuaded to come.

Added to that we know we would be giving Madrid the money they need to get James Rodriguez, to me it makes us look a bit 'small fry'.

Madrid always seem to get what they want though so it'll probably go through.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't see this happening, just doesn't look good a club like United taking a player form another top club that is been openly offered to us, because they see him as surplus to requirements, would far rather piss Bayern off and go all out for Robben, or just outbid Arsenal for Sanchez if he can be persuaded to come.

Added to that we know we would be giving Madrid the money they need to get James Rodriguez, to me it makes us look a bit 'small fry'.

doesn't look good taking a top player that would improve us a fair bit?

Santos J

Really don't understand this logic of "not wanting other top clubs cast offs". If they're good enough and would considerably improve us, both of which apply to Di Maria, why the feck would you care?!

Donut

How are Sanchez and Di Maria situations any different?

Jammydodger7

I think Di Maria is better than Sanchez but I'd rather Sanchez at the prices been quoted.

Theres something about Di Maria too that I feel he'd be extremely frustrating, We've had enough of that with Nani!

AttackingFlair

Why do you care? So it wasn't okay to go for Robben when Real Madrid sold him, but its okay to go for him now he's at Bayern? It's not okay to go for Di Maria now but its okay to go for Sanchez who is in similar situation? I'm sure City don't regret going for Barca 'reject' Yaya Toure.

C'est Moi Cantona

How are Sanchez and Di Maria situations any different?[/QU

Yes as soon as I posted it I remembered that Barca want shut of him too, feel a bit daft on that one, but to be far he seems to have Arsenal, and Liverpool sniffing around so would feel a bit sweeter getting him, and I would by far prefer him out of the two.

Bojan11

Robben was a Madrid cast off. Yet you don't want Di Maria for the same reason yet want Robben.

Strange.

C'est Moi Cantona

Why do you care? So it wasn't okay to go for Robben when Real Madrid sold him, but its okay to go for him now he's at Bayern? It's not okay to go for Di Maria now but its okay to go for Sanchez who is in similar situation? I'm sure City don't regret going for Barca 'reject' Yaya Toure.
Truth is Real annoy me, maybe a mixture of jealousy for the squad they have, and personal opinion of just not liking the way they go about things.

Don't want United to give them the money to get a player they deem better than the one they are selling us.

Dreaded

That is the most ridiculous post I have seen on here a while and that is saying something.

Shark

@NotShark

I think the newbie system is broken.

pseudo_canadian

What a bizarre post.

mic.m

The logic about castoffs doesn't apply to Real Madrid. It's usually a perfectly good player who they are getting rid because they fancy someone else. Here's a brief history
Redondo
Anelka
Morientes
Makelele
Hierro
Del Bosque
Cambiasso
Walter Samuel
Michael Owen
Cassano
Robinho
Sneijder
Van der Vaart
Robben
Ozil
Raul

Bojan11

It really is a shit post though. Wants to sign Sanchez too. You know Barca will use that money to sign a player they feel is better in Suarez. Even worse that money will be going to Liverpool. Oh noes!

C'est Moi Cantona

It really is a shit post though. Wants to sign Sanchez too. You know Barca will use that money to sign a player they feel is better in Suarez. Even worse that money will be going to Liverpool. Oh noes!
Agree I say ban him!

binary bot
Every word makes sense, just happens you, and most others don't agree, which is fair enough.
You raised a point and then said that we should go for two players who go against the point that you raised.

Sanchez = not wanted by Barca
Robben = wasn't wanted by Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.