Angel Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

After the situation with his cousin i don't see him considering CIty hopefully.

Well, some obscene offer could change that but hope he doesn't.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would be a disaster but I don't think there is much of he goes. He's our best talent at that level without doubt so the club would do all they can to keep him

RedRevongge

Just watched a video of him as don't know a huge amount about him but seems to be a really good passer, in terms of slipping the ball in behind the defence.

Anyone able to give an accurate summary of strengths and weaknesses?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Won the penalty today to get the equaliser then? Anyone know if there'll be any highlights knocking around?

Adisa

I think it's wrong getting excited over a player that just turned 15 but I've seen this guy play live. Proper Trekkers this boy has.

khoazany

Looks dangerous from the highlights, scored a goal and came close on a few occasions.I actually like that front 4 of him,Gribbin and Boonen behind Dearnley.Dearnley looks like one that can have his game improved by playing up front.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Young front 4 too, they are all first year scholars with Gomes even younger right? Heard really good things about Dearnley, how is Boonen looking? Hopefully Rashford is promoted to the u21s to give them more playing time.

khoazany

Young front 4 too, they are all first year scholars with Gomes even younger right? Heard really good things about Dearnley, how is Boonen looking? Hopefully Rashford is promoted to the u21s to give them more playing time.
Yeah Gomes is U16.Boonen has good technique but I don't think he will play much this season since he's a bit under-developed physically.We will have some troubles with playing time allocation next season though with all of these AMs/wingers (Gribbin,Dearney,Buffonge,Makela,Kenyon,Boonen,Gomes plus other U16s moving up).

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Yeah Gomes is U16.Boonen has good technique but I don't think he will play much this season since he's a bit under-developed physically.We will have some troubles with playing time allocation next season though with all of these AMs/wingers (Gribbin,Dearney,Buffonge,Makela,Kenyon,Boonen,Gomes plus other U16s moving up).
A lot of the group playing this year may just get fast tracked. Especially in a case like Gribbin where there was talk of him making the tour squad as early as this year.

Adisa

I think both Gomes and Gribbing will be first team players by 18. In Gomes, case might be earlier. Think he's that good.

khoazany

A lot of the group playing this year may just get fast tracked. Especially in a case like Gribbin where there was talk of him making the tour squad as early as this year.
Can only see Gribbin and maybe Dearnley get fast tracked out of the names I mentioned and all of them will be second year scholars apart from Gomes so need to play regularly.

Brightonian

I think both Gomes and Gribbing will be first team players by 18. In Gomes, case might be earlier. Think he's that good.
Possibly Gomes, but it's too early to say. Very little chance of that for Gribbin, he's got big, big weaknesses in his game that will need addressing. He's a similar sort of player to Januzaj, and about equally gifted as a dribbler and passer at the same age, but without all the other strengths which got Adnan into the first team so quickly. That's absolutely fine for a player his age, of course, and nothing to worry about, but I don't see him being on some kind of special fast track.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I want him to make it because of his name.

How old is he now? From the very few clips I see of him, he looks like a Coutinho like player.

Adisa

I want him to make it because of his name.

How old is he now? From the very few clips I see of him, he looks like a Coutinho like player.
15. Has a lower center of gravity than Coutinho but don't know how his growth will affect that.

khoazany

Gomes played a full game today for England U16s vs. USA (captained the team).Played deeper than usual to accommodate other England players but still show some of his class in the second half.

In Rainbows

Gomes played a full game today for England U16s vs. USA (captained the team).Played deeper than usual to accommodate other England players but still show some of his class in the second half.

He needs to assert himself more in the game as he clearly shows in his touches the skill it takes to influence a match.

Adisa

Okay thats starting to ring a bell. Whats all this City nonsense then about him and his brother?
I'm not sure of the latest but City have been trying to sign him for a while. His cousin was with city but fell out with the club. I'm not too worried about their approach. He's the best prospect at the club, I'm sure he will be paid handsomely and he's been fast tracked. That's the biggest incentive really. At 15, is already playing U18 and I'm sure from next year he will start training with the first team.

Sid234

I think his cousin joined our academy after leaving City. I remember it being mentioned on the forum before

jb8521

I think his cousin joined our academy after leaving City. I remember it being mentioned on the forum before
His cousin Rafael Camacho was training with us for a while but was training with Liverpool the last I heard

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

starting now against Brazil....

edit: ffs looks like england are playing their reserves....
@khoazany will you watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.