Angel Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

1:38, 2:07, 5:47, 9:18... so alike to Scholes, if he gains some muscles he will be fantastic deep laying playmaker, his technique on the ball is already one of the best in all teams, and this half volley pass at 10:58 with his left foot is just ridiculous for such young player and you guys tell me it wasn't even his best game played for three years older age group..

Hope he keep his head down and work hard without injuries, he's the best talent since Ravel Morrison

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Clips above are all well and good but how's he been getting on this season? @khoazany

khoazany

Clips above are all well and good but how's he been getting on this season? @khoazany
Been in and out the U18s squad this season (which is still a good thing considering he's U16).He seems to be really outstanding whenever he played with his true age group so really can benefit from playing more with the U18s.The problem is Gribbin who's playing in the number 10 position and Kehinde who's playing in the number 8 position are two of the best talents in the squad and older than Gomes so unless one of them are out injured Gomes would have to played wide if we want to play him and it's not really his position although he can do a job there (and obviously we also have other older players who play wide).Gribbin seem hasn't raised his game enough this season to break into the U21s otherwise it would be a win-win situation to just promote Gribbin up and let Gomes to fill his space.

The tricky part is most of the U18s games he started this season has been away games which weren't televised so perhaps you have to ask opinions from those fans that traveled to see these games.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with him not being selected today.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He might have ran out of coffee? had a bad haircut? That tweet could mean literally anything.

FromTheBench

I very much doubt it's about not being selected for the U21s.

Probably something to do outside football.

Sid234

He's too young to expect to play for the u-21's already.. He's not even a regular for the U-18's yet

izec

Great goal, the Brazilians were surely thinking why isnt he playing for us with a name like that

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Been in and out the U18s squad this season (which is still a good thing considering he's U16).He seems to be really outstanding whenever he played with his true age group so really can benefit from playing more with the U18s.The problem is Gribbin who's playing in the number 10 position and Kehinde who's playing in the number 8 position are two of the best talents in the squad and older than Gomes so unless one of them are out injured Gomes would have to played wide if we want to play him and it's not really his position although he can do a job there (and obviously we also have other older players who play wide).Gribbin seem hasn't raised his game enough this season to break into the U21s otherwise it would be a win-win situation to just promote Gribbin up and let Gomes to fill his space.

The tricky part is most of the U18s games he started this season has been away games which weren't televised so perhaps you have to ask opinions from those fans that traveled to see these games.
Might benefit him alot to struggle a bit more in the U18s. Keeps him on his toes. Must be the biggest Manchester-talent since Ravel?!

Pity about Gribbin. I get the impression he is overrating his own talent quite a bit.

Trizy

They did a clip about him on Full Time Devils and said someone told them he was the best talent to ever come through United, is he that good?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They did a clip about him on Full Time Devils and said someone told them he was the best talent to ever come through United, is he that good?
Not the first time I've heard that. A friend who watches their games is confident he will be in the first team before he's 18.

izec

isnt he on the forum? I think i have read his name on here a few times

Trizy

isnt he on the forum? I think i have read his name on here a few times
Really? that's quality if so. I'd probably lose the plot on here during a meltdown if I was playing for United :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Best talent to ever come through? That's scary good. But also just scary, because it sets expectations way too high. Kids develop at such different rates.

datura

Needs some perspective, he's not 16 yet and still acclimatising to u18 football. Can't help but think the comments of Blackmore et al aren't really helpful for his development at this stage. A lot of hard work to go and difficult to know how he'll physically mature too.

Status
Not open for further replies.