Gaming Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

decorativeed

Cool! In other AC news, I'm still struggling to catch a golden trout, and it's gone at the end of the month until March. I've been using dozens of fish bait every day, in the clifftop rivers and at the correct times, and still nothing. My wife meanwhile has now got a sixth villager photo. I'm still on one.

United Hobbit

I've been dabbling in this purely to get the new fish etc each month

I had a new visitor to the campsite, a tiger who I actually wanted. I went through the whole 10 minute speel trying to get it to move, it keep saying no and that stupid fecking card game that you can't win until about the 4th attempt. I then finally either win the game or convince it to move only for resident services to continually suggest Biff be the one to leave. I want to keep Biff as he's one of my originals
I reloaded without saving 5 times as online it suggests that as a method to get them to change it. Every single time it says Biff. So I can't have the tiger.

It is so flipping annoying to not only have to go through all that dialogue, multiple times to end up being told who to get rid of. I could even tolerate the dialogue if it meant at the end of it you could pick who to replace. Or at least even a couple of options that if you then go speak to it again it refreshes the choices.

It was even more annoying as I have someone who I want rid of (Walker who makes me gag talking about his "crusty clothes ") so its just made even more annoying by only getting given someone you want multiple times, despite having someone you want go, by which time you're so fed up you give up with the new visitor and remain stuck with your crusty clothed one.

Just a simple mechanism of having a couple of choices would help as even if I didn't get offered Walker I may at least have got one im ambivalent about

decorativeed

I don't know what the difference was, but one time with a camper, it gave me the option of choosing - from a list of every villager - who should go. I don't know why that's not standard. I've got Biff on my island too, but wouldn't be sad if he left. Lyman, on the other hand, will never be allowed to go.

decorativeed

Loving the snow update!

You can kick the snowballs around and it slowly gets bigger until you can build a snowman!
Not had enough snow on my island for that yet. Spending a lot of time searching for lobsters and stringfish at the moment.

decorativeed

Anyone up for some artwork trading? Fed up of waiting two weeks for Redd to turn up with the same three things we already have!

decorativeed

The snowballs are incredibly frustrating. It seems only two a day spawn on the island and if you bugger up your snowboy or accidentally destroy the ball before building it, that's it till the next day. Sucks even more when you share an island.

I've also got not got the Christmas tree recipe, but then again, we've been playing since April and haven't had the bookcase recipe yet either, so we're not holding our breath.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think I got the bookcase recipe the other day funnily enough. But I haven't got a book one or any books which you need to make it. :lol:

The snowmen are quite easy to make when you get the hang of it. I messed up the first one but have done 4 perfects in a row after that. Just make sure one ball is slightly smaller than the other (doesn't matter what size) and roll that onto the bigger one.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
The snowballs are incredibly frustrating. It seems only two a day spawn on the island and if you bugger up your snowboy or accidentally destroy the ball before building it, that's it till the next day. Sucks even more when you share an island.

I've also got not got the Christmas tree recipe, but then again, we've been playing since April and haven't had the bookcase recipe yet either, so we're not holding our breath.
Just go in and out of any of the building (Nook's Cranny/Residential Services/Mable Shop) and it will respawn.

decorativeed

Just go in and out of any of the building (Nook's Cranny/Residential Services/Mable Shop) and it will respawn.
Tried that repeatedly, as I thought it should work just as it does with fish and bugs, but that doesn't work for us.

United Hobbit

I only dabble in this now but I've finally collected all the bugs.

Is there any trick to getting that fish with the glowing eyes thats apparently been around all seasons. The sale on price is a warning as its 15k suggesting the flipping thing is not common. Its also only out after 9pm which is a PITA.

How do I get the golden tool for catching all the bugs I don't think they've given it to me yet?

decorativeed

I only dabble in this now but I've finally collected all the bugs.

Is there any trick to getting that fish with the glowing eyes thats apparently been around all seasons. The sale on price is a warning as its 15k suggesting the flipping thing is not common. Its also only out after 9pm which is a PITA.

How do I get the golden tool for catching all the bugs I don't think they've given it to me yet?
I got it in the post the day after catching the last bug.

I'm not sure which fish you mean.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Oh man that's beautiful. Where did you get it from?
In my fourth balloon of the day! It's the big festive tree, there's also a slightly smaller one.

You can use this site (link here) to see when balloons are likely to spawn for you. Just choose the right wind direction for your island (look at a chimney to see which way the smoke is blowing), and then run up and down your east and west beaches as shown in the lines on that site and that should make finding balloons much easier.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

decorativeed

My wife just got a second photo from Gonzo. I did not know that was even possible. Once I get their photos I kind of stop giving them presents. Got another two recently, it seems really random. One has only been there about a month, while I've been trying to get a photo off Lucha since May.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Anyone have an Island I can visit to farm iron nuggets? Just started playing the game yesterday and i'm trying to get the nuggets to improve the shop.

decorativeed

Hmm I think I will probably be off to bed by then. I think I will just rely on the timeskip.
I wouldn't do that, as it messes up scheduled events later on. You'll end up out of sync with everything and it's not worth it.

Your other option is to get nook miles tickets and visit a bunch of islands.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I wouldn't do that, as it messes up scheduled events later on. You'll end up out of sync with everything and it's not worth it.

Your other option is to get nook miles tickets and visit a bunch of islands.
Oh it's already too late for that. I didn't know it messed up later events.

decorativeed

Oh it's already too late for that. I didn't know it messed up later events.
How much have you gone forward? A few days shouldn't make much difference, but if you do it regularly you'll end up ahead of things like Halloween and Christmas and you've probably removed the chance to see in new year already.

Agent Red

Anyone still playing this? I just started this week so on the beg for a few basics like fruit (apples)

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
What's the learning curve like with this game? I bought my gf a Switch with Animal Crossing for her birthday on Saturday. She's never had a console before though and isn't really coming from a gaming background.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
What's the learning curve like with this game? I bought my gf a Switch with Animal Crossing for her birthday on Saturday. She's never had a console before though and isn't really coming from a gaming background.
As long as you can read and control the joy cons, you can play this game.

decorativeed

Anyone of the original 2020 New Horizons lot still playing this? I've just got two sea creatures to catch before I've caught the lot, have just installed a couple of Mario warp pipes but I'm still miles off finishing the artworks.

I wait two weeks for Redd to show up and he has the same two or three things every time, and maybe a couple of fakes. I'm lucky if I get one new real artwork that I need a month, but time and again he rocks up with the scary painting of the Japanese bloke with the silly eyebrows, the Da Vinci with the coffee cup stain, the woman with the ermine.

Does anyone have any artworks they want to trade?

b82REZ

Anyone of the original 2020 New Horizons lot still playing this? I've just got two sea creatures to catch before I've caught the lot, have just installed a couple of Mario warp pipes but I'm still miles off finishing the artworks.

I wait two weeks for Redd to show up and he has the same two or three things every time, and maybe a couple of fakes. I'm lucky if I get one new real artwork that I need a month, but time and again he rocks up with the scary painting of the Japanese bloke with the silly eyebrows, the Da Vinci with the coffee cup stain, the woman with the ermine.

Does anyone have any artworks they want to trade?
Got back into it this week to get the Mario parts.

Honestly don't know how I pumped hundreds of hours into this. I log in now for about 5 mins and I've done everything. A year a go I'd play it for hours on end.

Still a proper chill game though and I can see me always dipping in and out of it.

decorativeed

Well, two weeks on and Redd's here again. What's he brought? The Japanese man with the stupid eyebrows and the Da Vinci with the coffee cup stain. He does have a new (fake) painting though. Wish I was kidding. This is literally the only thing I'm yet to complete on this game and I feel like I could be playing it another five years at this rate without completing the art collection.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My island must be an overgrown jungle at this point. All the villagers gone feral.