Anthony Elanga | signs for Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickelodeon

Who said anything about “shouldn’t have let them go”
Not being good enough for United has nothing to do with being good enough for the PL
Maybe the simpler question is, who are other examples of players we've sold who're doing well in the PL? Can't think of another example bar Periera, who also is doing alright, not pulling any trees.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe the simpler question is, who are other examples of players we've sold who're doing well in the PL? Can't think of another example bar Periera, who also is doing alright, not pulling any trees.
Again no one said pulling up trees mate.

Evans and Wellbeck have done well for their respective club so did Cleverly

Last edited:

meninred

Good if not great news. we are starting by getting rid of "Anthony" names. We have potentailly 11 players avail for sale.
Hypothetically we can get 150 mil or so. Maybe we can beat chelsea. Who knows.lol

Abraxas

15-20m would be good for us rather than Everton, I reckon. I can't see anything in his game so far that is top half of the table quality which is surely what Everton need to be aiming at over the next few years. Pace and that's about it. I'd definitely be happy with that deal.

Then again, you never know. Maybe in an environment where he gets more consistent games and not every game is must win he might be better. He doesn't score enough for an attacker.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They have just bought another kid, Shea something, who hasn't kicked a ball for City for £15m too. Which is ridiculous, and if there was any Arabic involvement people would be treating it suspiciously. Southampton have given City about £50m for a small handful of academy players who had barely kicked a ball in the last year, and who were seemingly not subject to any sort of bidding war. No doubt these players are talented, but the fees seem inflated.
Southamptons director of football used to be head of City's Academy, it's no wonder that a) they are picking up City's best products and b) there's a slight over inflation in price as City know the knowledge of these players is high and so know how highly rated they are.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Southamptons director of football used to be head of City's Academy, it's no wonder that a) they are picking up City's best products and b) there's a slight over inflation in price as City know the knowledge of these players is high and so know how highly rated they are.
I’m aware they have their former DoF, however, I can’t imagine that means much at all in reality. Every top club would, or certainly should, be aware of seemingly world class talent playing in City’s reserves. In fact, they probably knew about them for several years. United, for example, sign young players without first team experience from clubs in Norway, Spain and beyond. The talent of City products would not be an unknown to them, or to West Ham, Everton, Brighton and more.

City are continuously flogging them for inflated fees to just one club. I think Southampton only just broke their transfer record in January to sign Suleimana from Rennes, and that was only 25m. Some of these kids aren’t far off their most expensive signings ever. They seem to be doing City a favour. I have no issue with them signing familiar players, but the fees are certainly above market rate. Especially as they seem to contain further clauses, certainly in Lavia’s case.

SAF is the GOAT

Will never understand how's a player that plays for his national team and scored in the CL is worth 8m, that price should be higher.

CM

Hasn't played enough football over the last year or more to be worth more than £10m.
City are getting £15m+ for several players who have literally never played a Premier League match before. I think we're well within our rights to hold out for a similar fee for Elanga.

Mainoldo

What’s wrong with you tits. Southampton are putting £50m price tags on unknown quality and you guys are really getting upset with a £25m valuation for Elanga.

It’s more than fair. We sold Andreas for £9m last year and considering the season he had, daylight robbery. It wasn’t too long ago this guy was benching Rashford. Do we really believe Antony Gordon is better than Elanga. I don’t.

Strelok

Send him on loan to the Serie A for one year. He'd do pretty well there as any attacker who have some good pace and average at everything else. Then we could ask 85m for him like Atalanta do now I think.

Enigma_87

You know who
What’s wrong with you tits. Southampton are putting £50m price tags on unknown quality and you guys are really getting upset with a £25m valuation for Elanga.

It’s more than fair. We sold Andreas for £9m last year and considering the season he had, daylight robbery. It wasn’t too long ago this guy was benching Rashford. Do we really believe Antony Gordon is better than Elanga. I don’t.
Maybe it's because we watch Elanga in every appearance for United and make no mistake - he's absolute shite.

However he's what 5k per week? That's an absolute steal and worth it for another team which should raise his valuation.

For example Henderson is on 100k per week, DvB 120k per week and they would be much harder to move considering they will break pretty much everywhere the existent wage structure.

Nickelodeon

Again no one said pulling up trees mate.

Evans and Wellbeck have done well for their respective club so did Cleverly
You had to go back 8 years to identify players who're doing alright. The truth is, most of our players end up overstaying at United and lose so many development years and hence, very few actually end up making an impact in the PL. See Brandon Williams for example, he has completely lost the will to play once Ole/Woodward shoved a big contract down his throat.

Back on topic, I just don't see any sort of quality with Elanga. His passing, finishing and dribbling are all pretty sub-standard. All he has is that one goal away at Atletico to show for his United career. If I were in Everton's place, I would find much better value for 15 million than Elanga.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You had to go back 8 years to identify players who're doing alright. The truth is, most of our players
We don't sell many players to other PL clubs, who have we sold between now and then to the PL that flopped?

Nickelodeon

We don't sell many players to other PL clubs, who have we sold between now and then to the PL that flopped?
Dan James, Schneiderlin, Mkhitaryan are the only ones I can think of where any sort of money or equivalent was received.

Mainoldo

Maybe it's because we watch Elanga in every appearance for United and make no mistake - he's absolute shite.

However he's what 5k per week? That's an absolute steal and worth it for another team which should raise his valuation.

For example Henderson is on 100k per week, DvB 120k per week and they would be much harder to move considering they will break pretty much everywhere the existent wage structure.
What does that have to do with valuing him less than players you don’t watch every week and assume are better and more in value. His contract alone means we should be able to sell well for once.

El Zoido

Dan James, Schneiderlin, Mkhitaryan are the only ones I can think of where any sort of money or equivalent was received.
We got £15m for Veron, which as I recall wasn’t all that bad of a fee at the time, especially considering he was a bit of a flop here. Going back a while though..

Enigma_87

You know who
What does that have to do with valuing him less than players you don’t watch every week and assume are better and more in value. His contract alone means we should be able to sell well for once.
people tend to be more negative towards our own players if they are average or crap compared to opposition players that you only catch highlight reels.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
So? The Championship is a good quality league and Garner had good performances against PL opposition in the cup that season too.

There have been loads of players to get CL cameos that go in to have naff careers, it isn’t the holy grail to have 170 minutes in it.

Point being is that Elanga has never been a key part of a team or ever sustained his position over a full season. He was rotational under RR and barely played under EtH.
I can’t believe people are comparing Garner to Elanga. Garner was unlucky not to get in the Champ team of the season and was crucial to us. He‘s proved at Everton he’s capable of Prem football and holding down a first team spot. I’d have Garner back at Forest in a heartbeat. Elanga meh!

DanClancy

City getting £14m for selling a winger to West Ham who's not even got a Portugal u21 cap, Elanga got to be worth a fair bit more then him.

Varun1

Doubt Everton will be going for Elanga as well as Danjuma.

Smores

City getting £14m for selling a winger to West Ham who's not even got a Portugal u21 cap, Elanga got to be worth a fair bit more then him.
What's the logic? Players aren't priced based on U21 caps.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Fair enough, he's got to think about his career first. Hopefully he's rejecting them as he knows he has other options.
Hopefully yeah, because if he is thinking about his career first, getting game time is most important right now, versus being an unutilised squad member at united

James35

Fair enough, he's got to think about his career first. Hopefully he's rejecting them as he knows he has other options.
Yeah surely you don’t reject that opportunity just to maybe get on the bench now and then at United.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I would like to know the type of tactics that suits him.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
I mean okay but we have to sell players and transfer our deadwood. The problem is that no one wants them, or if someone wants them, the player thinks he is better for their level and looks for another club, which is bad for us.

Players like Maguire and Elanga need to realize that their level is Everton and West Ham not to mention that maybe even less. I don't think that better teams will come for them.

saivet

Hopefully yeah, because if he is thinking about his career first, getting game time is most important right now, versus being an unutilised squad member at united
Exactly, presumably he isn't on big wages either and will get a pay rise at his next club , so the idea of him staying at United and not playing shouldn't be an attractive one for him.

Gordon S

I would like to know the type of tactics that suits him.
I watched Sunderland last season because of Amad and i think their style could suit him quite well. Good movement and quick passing in their attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.