Anthony Elanga | signs for Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I watched Sunderland last season because of Amad and i think their style could suit him quite well. Good movement and quick passing in their attack.
In the premier league Elanga is a below average technician and has poor movement. A style that relies on quick passing and movement looks like the opposite of what would suit him.

Oldyella

West Ham is probably a good option for him
Think Everton would have been a better fit. More likely to get game time as well. Still, his career so if he's not certain, we cant force him to move.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Red00012

Think Everton would have been a better fit. More likely to get game time as well. Still, his career so if he's not certain, we cant force him to move.
You think he’s a good fit for Everton even though Elanga himself doesn’t :D

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think he might struggle to find a team with his perceived view of tactics that suit him. He's a counter attacking or high energy pressing player.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can't blame the lad for not wanting to join Everton, why the hell would that career move be appealing..?
Seems inevitable he'll go now, but good luck to him for wanting something better for himself than that... :lol:

Oldyella

You think he’s a good fit for Everton even though Elanga himself doesn’t :D
I was replying to someone who suggested West Ham would be a good option, and I said, of the two, yes I think Everton would be better, and he would have a better chance of playing.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he should be sacrificing his career in the name of ffp.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It’s bizarre, he’s one of those wingers that are better at what they do without the ball than with it.

red.knight

Can't blame the lad for not wanting to join Everton, why the hell would that career move be appealing..?
Seems inevitable he'll go now, but good luck to him for wanting something better for himself than that... :lol:
He must have had other offers? But why are we struggling to sell players?

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Apparently he has a few offers, which is fine.
Generally we can't sell players for a few reasons in my opinion.
We are not ruthless enough to tell players that they have absolutely no future at the club,
We overpaid for players initially and expect an unrealistic fee from suitors.
We over pay players to the extent that they would rather sit on their arse at United rather than play football for less money elsewhere.
We are just not very competent in this area, and need better people in our recruitment dept.

saivet

I think he’d suit them well. He’s a bit similar to Gray.
I think Gray is probably a better player. Could also be that he thinks Everton might get relegated so would prefer a different PL team.

Castia

These players should be told find a club by the end of the window because they aren’t being registered for the PL

I wouldn’t even have them in the pre season tour it’s time to get ruthless

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
These players should be told find a club by the end of the window because they aren’t being registered for the PL

I wouldn’t even have them in the pre season tour it’s time to get ruthless
He jumped farther than Rashford during training session.

ROFLUTION

I think Gray is probably a better player. Could also be that he thinks Everton might get relegated so would prefer a different PL team.
Sure, but also older. Gray’s really mature in his decisions and has technique. I actually think he’d do a good job for a “system-side” like United or Liverpool as a squad player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Moyes ball.
That's the only one I had in mind and it's not a criticism of either of them. Moyes tactics don't rely on someone being the smartest or the best technician, he can elevate or accommodate that type of player. I think that the same is true for Dyche, Allardyce or Pulis. All these managers will make things simple for limited players which is why they are good mid and lower table managers.

jeepers

Unless he knows he has interests from other leagues (German/Italian) then he should take the Everton offer. He has a shite agent and he should get a new one if he really believes he’s better than Everton. He won’t even be amongst Everton’s top 10 players if he goes there. He’s not even half the player Welbeck is - Welbeck was just very unlucky with injuries and consistency.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He's never looked like Everton would be beneath his station, tbh.

Of course, there may be all sorts of reasons why he wouldn't want to go there. But if he genuinely thinks he's at a level above Everton, as such, I don't blame people for calling him deluded.

Eric_the_Red99

This. United should tell him he has no future here, sorry.
If he turns down Everton and doesn't get any other offers we should remove him from the 1st team squad to teach him and others a lesson.
He absolutely should go. But for some reason he still had 26 appearances for us last season, despite better options being available, so I can sort of see why he would be under the (incorrect) impression that he could still make it here.

Obviously he’s never going to get that many appearances this season, barring an injury crisis, as he’ll be even further down the pecking order. But he shouldn’t have appeared so much last season either.

Lyng

I dont think Elanga feels like he is above Everton, but rather that he doesnt fit well into Dyche's style of football, which I tend to agree with him on.

Idxomer

He absolutely should go. But for some reason he still had 26 appearances for us last season, despite better options being available, so I can sort of see why he would be under the (incorrect) impression that he could still make it here.

Obviously he’s never going to get that many appearances this season, barring an injury crisis, as he’ll be even further down the pecking order. But he shouldn’t have appeared so much last season either.
He played 704 minutes last season, less than 8 full games and 4 of his 7 starts came in the first month of the season. He had trouble even getting into the squad in the last few months of the season.

doomy20

Fair enough, he might have better options, window is still long. The only option not possible, Mr. Elanga, is to stay. Because no contribution means no future here.

Borussia Teeth

Usually it's wages but I doubt that's the case with Elanga. We're probably slapping an unrealistic fee on a run of the mill winger would be my guess.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Love when so many on here are surprised we can't fish players out. They're on ludricous contracts, until we pay a normal rate, this will always be the case.

Trex

I wish Elanga well but I feel Everton would have been a good move for him. He's got pace but he does have the close control to utilize it with the ball neither does he make those Rashford type runs and even the few times he does a bad touch or pour finish ruins it.
His best trait is his defensive abilities. Sean Dyche could have utilized that. Long term though he's a championship player, i hope he proves me wrong and have a solid top level career.

Status
Not open for further replies.