Anthony Gordon | Deal agreed with Newcastle for 40m + 5m in add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Their fans were literally chasing him down the road, they seem quite toxic. They always seem to give their players stick for some reason, Barkley, Stones, Lukaku, Deulofeu.
I don't think there are any clubs who don't have a set of idiotic fans that give players grief when they do something they believe is against the club etc.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just how good is he? I can't say I've seen much of him. He seems to be on the bench whenever I see Everton play or we play them. It's Gray that usually stands out.
Can easily become very average or very good. He still has a lot of glaring issues to his game i.e not productive enough and stamina but when he was on it last season his aggression and work rate really helped. I can see why Newcastle want him as those attributes have been key to their rise.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
As a Newcastle fan I'm not too sure on him as a player, but in the current market £40m is hardly a fortune. Could go either way, which is probably what that fee gets you for an English 21 year old these days to be honest.

He seems like a Howe player though, suited to the high press.

TheReligion

Abusive
As a Newcastle fan I'm not too sure on him as a player, but in the current market £40m is hardly a fortune. Could go either way, which is probably what that fee gets you for an English 21 year old these days to be honest.

He’s also a little twat.

As you say, good fit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Seems a lot from what I've seen on him. Good aggression, runs around a lot, decent pass on him but nothing that stood out.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Has anyone made a funny joke about Chelsea sneaking in yet?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’s not worth that at all right now. 20-30m max but I imagine he will look a lot better for Newcastle than for us. A shame as last season he was good and looked like he could kick on but when the star boy stuff started and links to Chelsea turned his head he’s been billy big bollocks and absolute shite. We need experience over what he’s giving so a fantastic deal from our perspective. Now please don’t spunk that on shite now!

Giggsyking

40+5 ffs that is too much.

We have a very bad timing to be broke. Everybody around us is improving.

Okey

Shocking valuation. I can't imagine what anyone has seen in Gordon to pay that much for him.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Has anyone made a funny joke about Chelsea sneaking in yet?
Lampard saved us from this deal last window. I need to know who to thank this window. Not a bad player, but not what we need.

CM

Good deal for Everton really as long as they reinvest the money well, which knowing Everton, they probably won't.

I don't think there are any clubs who don't have a set of idiotic fans that give players grief when they do something they believe is against the club etc.
I dunno your fans seem to make a habit of it, I’m sure they made Barkley cry one time as well :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Wow 40m is an absolute steal for a player as accomplished as Gordon. They're not just buying a player who had a few good games at the end last year but a leader, dare I saw a warrior who'll make a significant difference to the mentality of their changing room. He's guaranteed to go on to huge things, maybe even surpassing the likes of Alex Iwobi and Dominic Solanke.

Meanwhile EtH is twiddling his turtleneck doing feck all as usual.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
I'm still at a point where I'll need to be won over by Gordon but at the same time I'd be stupid not to have a lot of faith in Howe to do it after the last year and a half. If that's who he wants in, it's good to see him backed.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Wow 40m is an absolute steal for a player as accomplished as Gordon. They're not just buying a player who had a few good games at the end last year but a leader, dare I saw a warrior who'll make a significant difference to the mentality of their changing room. He's guaranteed to go on to huge things, maybe even surpassing the likes of Alex Iwobi and Dominic Solanke.

Meanwhile EtH is twiddling his turtleneck doing feck all as usual.
Until the Glazers sell, I’m afraid we’re limited to cheap loan deals. And even then our spending will be limited by the new FFP. That’s why the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle are getting their spending in now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It's a good deal for all parties. Worst case he's a bust and you recoup half the fee in a few years time. Everton can go spend the money on much needed attacking options.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

Especially in the market where Newcastle are owned by a state with basically unlimited funds.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
is a drop on the ocean for their owners. Only rules prohibited them from blowing 100 mil just for the lols

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Newcastle's owners plan on targetting guys like Gordon and McTominay, then feck it give them all the money in the world to throw away

90 + 5min

I can't understand this or some other players valuation. He isn't even near half of that valuation. Everton can laugh all the way to the bank.

SoCross

Whenever I’ve watched Everton, he was always the player who looked the most likely to do something. Never hid on the pitch. 40 million maybe about 10 million too much but then think there’s more of an upside for Newcastle here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Apart from pace, he looked average every time I saw him play

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Could’ve been us extorting Newcastle for McTerror.

Ekeke

Looked a good young player running with the ball last season, not so good this season. Clearly some English tax to reach 40 mil

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It will be interesting to see where they use him. He has played CM in the youth set up and I think Chelsea probably considered using him as a wing back. He’s played mostly for us on the wing and in a more forward position. Lots of options.

Abraxas

I think he's pretty crap to be honest. At least extremely average. 21 as well, I'd expect him to be showing what he's shown at 18 if he was class.

Status
Not open for further replies.