Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Oh here we go...
Well, he was an incredible dribbler who could dance past 2 or 3 players with relative ease, now he seems hesitant. Evidently Mourinho's focus, when working with Martial was defence and ball retention. I can see that, just watching Martial this season in comparison to his first season with us.

Aloysius's Back 3

We need to play
Rashford - Martial - Lukaku

To have the best balance.

The best crosses will have the best target men on the opposite side whilst Martial is the player than can drop deep to pass the ball wide or take on defenders centrally.
Let Rashford & Lukaku run behind the defence.

el3mel

Well, he was an incredible dribbler who could dance past 2 or 3 players with relative ease, now he seems hesitant. Evidently Mourinho's focus, when working with Martial was defence and ball retention. I can see that, just watching Martial this season in comparison to his first season with us.
Was the Mourinho effect off when he scored that goal vs Fulham some weeks ago and returned again the last couple of matches ?

Raven

Was the Mourinho effect off when he scored that goal vs Fulham some weeks ago and returned again the last couple of matches ?
I'm not saying he's lost the ability to do so, I'm saying he generally seems hesitant, which usually leads to him giving up possession. Are you saying his dribbling is as good as it was in any of the last 3 seasons?

el3mel

I'm not saying he's lost the ability to do so, I'm saying he generally seems hesitant, which usually leads to him giving up possession. Are you saying his dribbling is as good as it was in any of the last 3 seasons?
Well yeah I think he's still exactly the same which is actually a problem (that he doesn't seem to be able to progress at all). He has always been kinda inconsistent in his dribbling. When it's his day it looks magnificent and joy to watch but when he's having an off day he loses every singe dribble. Happened a lot actually, but just whenever it happened the previous years it was blamed on Mourinho or his teammates so they tend to get forgotten.

The problem with Martial is he can't take his game to the next level and start becoming more consistent. He's a moments player at the moment, so it's logical you'll feel that.

Another fecking enigma to go with Pogba. Does any other club have such headaches with their supposedly best players and how to actually get them performing? There has to come a time when you just accept that they're not working out here and cut your losses.
Well LVG did buy him to play centrally - we only used him out wide because Depay was poor from what I can remember

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It’s got to the point with Martial that position etc is irrelevant - we need to sort out his fitness issues. He seems to never string a long succession of games together and that is killing his development as a player.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
My reflection on the prior Rashford vs Martial debates was always, "Who would you want to face least as a defender?" Martial might pull off a great moment of skill, but otherwise I'd rather face him every time. Rashford will always run you ragged.

Aloysius's Back 3

My reflection on the prior Rashford vs Martial debates was always, "Who would you want to face least as a defender?" Martial might pull off a great moment of skill, but otherwise I'd rather face him every time. Rashford will always run you ragged.
TBF that's why your not a premiere league defender.

Martial is easy to read as a winger. However when he is in the box & twisting & turning rather than dribbling - he becomes a nuisance to defenders.

Raven

Well yeah I think he's still exactly the same which is actually a problem (that he doesn't seem to be able to progress at all). He has always been kinda inconsistent in his dribbling. When it's his day it looks magnificent and joy to watch but when he's having an off day he loses every singe dribble. Happened a lot actually, but just whenever it happened the previous years it was blamed on Mourinho or his teammates so they tend to get forgotten.

The problem with Martial is he can't take his game to the next level and start becoming more consistent. He's a moments player at the moment, so it's logical you'll feel that.
I disagree. He looks a lot less confident in his dribbling these days, as far as I'm concerned. Have said this all season, even when he was banging them in under Mou.

el3mel

I disagree. He looks a lot less confident in his dribbling these days, as far as I'm concerned. Have said this all season, even when he was banging them in under Mou.
Could always agree to disagree then. :)

El Jefe

Meh I'm off the Martial hype train. He seems like he's happy to play Ok and get the crazy wages we pay him.

There's no determination in him to be as effective as possible on the pitch or improve weak areas of his game. I don't care how much talent you have, if you have this attitude you'll never be top class.

To make it worse we rewarded him with a fat contract and a guaranteed starting spot with no competition. The new Manchester United way.

fellaini's barber

Meh I'm off the Martial hype train. He seems like he's happy to play Ok and get the crazy wages we pay him.

There's no determination in him to be as effective as possible on the pitch or improve weak areas of his game. I don't care how much talent you have, if you have this attitude you'll never be top class.

To make it worse we rewarded him with a fat contract and a guaranteed starting spot with no competition. The new Manchester United way.
My feelings exactly, I've defended him vigorously over the years but I'm done. There hasn't been a single bit of improvement in his game, no improvement with his inconsistencies, nothing

Canagel

This article explain how even presented less chances to score and he stils able to score 10 goals whereas he was provided 6 goals only . And he is 3rd clinical striker in the PL

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...t-sees-16077170.amp?__twitter_impression=true
Yet more proof he should be the focal point. Me, @Santoryo and @Aloysius's Back 3 have been banging this drum for a while. And people will keep telling you 'he's not improving' and has 'no desire' . He's very close to be a top top player. Hopefully he stays fit and avoids the small injuries that keeps ruining his momentum.

Last edited:

AndyJ1985

His dribbling has been a little off this season, it's like Mourinho beat it out of him.

Where is 250k coming from?
It's interesting how as the wages of our players increases, the performances get worse.

Janson

This article explain how even presented less chances to score and he stils able to score 10 goals whereas he was provided 6 goals only . And he is 3rd clinical striker in the PL

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...t-sees-16077170.amp?__twitter_impression=true
He is largely responsible himself for the lack of good chances he gets. His movement to get into goalscoring positions isn't good. They are also talking about how bad he's creativity has been in the article.

OldTrevil

Should have started, but Ole is carefully manging his minutes coming from the recent injury niggles

binary bot
His touch was :drool: a few times. Can't believe he fecked the one that mattered

UncleBob

His touch was :drool: a few times. Can't believe he fecked the one that mattered
Barely fecked it, full sprint with a defender on him makes it difficult to control it, in the end it's great defending from Pique

Status
Not open for further replies.