5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetoTTT

So much talent, so much potential but Anthony and Rash are really frustrating these days!

arnie_ni

Thought those 10 mins he played up top in the 3 5 2 was ace then ole changed the formation with the dalot sub and we hardly touched the ball.

Andersons Dietician

Same. Pressed well, looked lively with the ball, shame about that chance he cocked up.
Yeah, even then speed he was going at under pressure I’m not really going to hold that against him but that is the kind of scenario you think he’ll just poke that beyond the keeper as he is coming out. Think Ole even said as much in his post game reaction.

Canagel

Thought those 10 mins he played up top in the 3 5 2 was ace then ole changed the formation with the dalot sub and we hardly touched the ball.
Yeah he was only in the middle for a short period. Not sure the next sub was even needed.

Aloysius's Back 3

He needs to start playing centrally as a false 9 - deeper off Rashford & Lukaku.

What's the negatives around that? - especially when Pogba is off form to continously play an extra man for him to play freely up forward.

Patrick08

If he controlled the ball better and took a good touch it was a goal, kicked it too far and pique cleared it.

@GifLord can we have a Gif mate.

Web of Bissaka

Fully fresh -- decided to perform as usual, too cool performance.

He's too relax in performing. Need to be more urgent. And seriously press way harder please, he've done it before, so it's nothing new.

This is why he tend to be poor as impact subs. Disappointing today.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Needs a good run in the team without injuries. I still think there’s a very talented player for us in Martial, but we need at least one world class forward to compete at the highest level.

Devil may care

Had a couple of bright moments when he first came on but didn't have a lot more impact than Lukaku or Lingard.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, even then speed he was going at under pressure I’m not really going to hold that against him but that is the kind of scenario you think he’ll just poke that beyond the keeper as he is coming out. Think Ole even said as much in his post game reaction.
Yeah my immediate reaction was 'why didn't you dink it first time?' He should have the instinct to do that.
We see it a lot in our squad. Poor at those flash decisions where you shouldn't even need to think. An unnecessary touch or holding on to it a split second too long.

Walters_19_MuFc

Nearly got through, following a pass from McTominay?, but he couldn't quite take it in his stride. Other than that, didn't really make the impact Ole would have wanted.

Shejkus

Where were Rashford and Lukaku the players that started up top. Let Martial start as our 9 for as long as Rashford and Lukaku has done it and I'll guarantee you that he'll do better than both of them no doubt.

haram

He did score in his last game.

He should start ahead of Lukaku. At least he's for the technical ability of a Manchester United player.
You know what, I hope he does. Sink or swim, because I'm tired of all of the excuses for him.

ash_86

Should have taken the ball from MCT in stride and scored. Those are the half chances that we need to take against sides like Barca. Looking at that touch, you'd think it was Lukaku who touched it.

haram

You would be given you irrationally detest him.
I don't irrationally detest him. Or detest him at all. You guys spin it that way because you cannot handle the criticism of him. At this point everything that I was saying about Martial becomes more and more true. For a long time I have said he has not developed and isn't developing. For a long time I questioned his work rate. For a long time I said his off the ball movement was poor. More people are now noticing these things, the same things I was lambasted for pointing out last season.

Play him up top and see what he does. Maybe he will fulfil his potential at number 9. Maybe he will work harder in that position, who knows.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't irrationally detest him. Or detest him at all. You guys spin it that way because you cannot handle the criticism of him. At this point everything that I was saying about Martial becomes more and more true. For a long time I have said he has not developed and isn't developing. For a long time I questioned his work rate. For a long time I said his off the ball movement was poor. More people are now noticing these things, the same things I was lambasted for pointing out last season.

Play him up top and see what he does. Maybe he will fulfil his potential at number 9. Maybe he will work harder in that position, who knows.
You've offered nothing others don't know. We all know he is technically brilliantly, strong, quick, links up well and a good finisher. We also know his movement and intensity needs improvement for him to reach the level we need him to reach. The difference is that you clearly dislike the fellow and it's apparent to everyone. So it's hard to take your views seriously. But no, it's because the others can't deal with your poignant criticism. Convenient.

He's obviously got to prove he can be a top player. But I've got patience for young players like Martial and Rashford who have plenty of potential.

haram

You've offered nothing others don't know. We all know he is technically brilliantly, strong, quick, links up well and a good finisher. We also know his movement and intensity needs improvement for him to reach the level we need him to reach. The difference is that you clearly dislike the fellow and it's apparent to everyone. So it's hard to take your views seriously. But no, it's because the others can't deal with your poignant criticism. Convenient.

He's obviously got to prove he can be a top player. But I've got patience for young players like Martial and Rashford who have plenty of potential.
You say I offered nothing others don't know but when I was saying these things, I was killed every time. I have patience as well. There's a difference when a player doesn't develop after over 3 years and still has the same excuses made for him time after time.

People have convinced themselves that I hate Martial to hide from the fact that everything I have been saying is true.

tieunhilang

The way Martial is playing, I'm not sure if he offers more than Lingard. Frankly speaking, I can't even remember the last match in which he really imposed himself in the match and you feel he is a constant threat on the wing throughout 90 minutes. He has regressed from Ole's early days.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The way Martial is playing, I'm not sure if he offers more than Lingard. Frankly speaking, I can't even remember the last match in which he really imposed himself in the match and you feel he is a constant threat on the wing throughout 90 minutes. He has regressed from Ole's early days.
The Chelsea game is the last one to stand out in my mind. He scored two goals that I can maybe see Lukaku pull off when he's in full confidence, definitely not Rashford.

As a defender, I'd be far more afraid to face Martial than Lingard or Rashford for what it's worth. Rashford as a striker is very easy to deal with especially when the defenders can keep up with his pace, Martial does things that defenders can't do anything about. The problem is he does that very little, especially recently.

He should start the next game up front with Lukaku. Rashford should come on the left wing and see where that takes them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You are? Well he's not Jesse Lingard that is for sure. :houllier:
There is clear pattern in how select few support and bash players. Easy to spot too.

Funny Martial is getting stick when he came on as a sub and played around 20 mins.

crossy1686

career ending
Should have taken the ball from MCT in stride and scored. Those are the half chances that we need to take against sides like Barca. Looking at that touch, you'd think it was Lukaku who touched it.
His first touch was great but his second touch was poor under a hell of a lot of pressure from the defender. What do you want?

haram

You are? Well he's not Jesse Lingard that is for sure. :houllier:
I always said Lingard is a squad player. People hype up Martial as a starter that will become one of the best in the world. There is a difference.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His first touch was great but his second touch was poor under a hell of a lot of pressure from the defender. What do you want?
His second touch not to go five yards away from him ideally.

Sylar

His second touch not to go five yards away from him ideally.
Sometimes you have to say the defence was placed in a position to affect him. I do wonder if he takes that in his stride if he has more minutes under him when the chance appears (eg extra 20+ minutes)

Its a half chance and if you slow it down, you can see that he needs a tighter touch / control on his second one and it puts him square on with the keeper. I do wonder how many players in the world would be able to do that though (we need somebody like that btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.