5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

People will say it is his agency and not him, but his agency works for him...what a state the dressing room is in, when this group think they are equal/better than club legends!

Just show them all the door!

Champagne Football

He needs to find a new club. He's a striker and needs to find a club who plays him upfront to rebuild his career. Lyon would be his level.
Like Mata, Mkhitaryan, Herrera, Memphis, Schneiderlin, Matic etc - doesn't have the mental strength to be a bona fide top 4 player.

starman

Giggs & Beckham played in a 4-4-2 for most of their career. They are two of the best wingers ever at tracking back helping the fullback.
Martial has been playing as a forward in a front 3.

If Martial wants to keep this comparison it should be with Ronaldo and revisit in the next 10 years and see how that works out for him

haram

He needs to find a new club. He's a striker and needs to find a club who plays him upfront to rebuild his career. Lyon would be his level.
Like Mata, Mkhitaryan, Herrera, Memphis, Schneiderlin, Matic etc - doesn't have the mental strength to be a bona fide top 4 player.
Don't get how Matic makes it into that list when he has been a top 4 player for a number of seasons now.

On Martial, is he actually injured?

Classical Mechanic

He will never even get close to any of those players. Beyond being less talented, he will never match their hunger and work rate. The guy only does the bare minimum in one phase of play and they have the audacity to make comparisons.
Indeed. Beckham was one of the hardest working players on the pitch and in training. Ronaldo is probably the most fiercely hungry player ever and Giggs was a consummate professional who looked after himself impeccably to prolong his career.

Martial on the other hand....

Bojan11

Was a big fan of his.

But this past year I think we should just wash our hands with him. He doesn’t move and his dribbling is hit and miss. His finishing is the only good thing about him when he bothers to get in the position.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Giggs & Beckham played in a 4-4-2 for most of their career. They are two of the best wingers ever at tracking back helping the fullback.

If Martial wants to keep this comparison it should be with Ronaldo and revisit in the next 10 years and see how that works out for him
Imagine if Martial had the same desire and drive as Ronaldo. Frightening to think about.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Was a big fan of his.

But this past year I think we should just wash our hands with him. He doesn’t move and his dribbling is hit and miss. His finishing is the only good thing about him when he bothers to get in the position.
Starting to think along these lines, was my favorite player (Now Lindelof) but it's pretty hard to defend him. He just doesn't seem to care.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Indeed. Beckham was one of the hardest working players on the pitch and in training. Ronaldo is probably the most fiercely hungry player ever and Giggs was a consummate professional who looked after himself impeccably to prolong his career.

Martial on the other hand....
A combination of all three? :angel:

ti vu

It's not like none of the other players there were questioned before is it? :rolleyes:

Ronaldo (attitude, diving and not working hard enough) got dogs abuse, Beckham (attitude, image) got dogs abuse and I'm led to believe Giggs got abuse for being inconsistent. People have short memories.
Some fans might not used to a winger not having decent defensive ability, but workrate was never a problem. The guy was never stop attacking when we gained possession. Training though, even SAF said that he went extra mile than the required training regime.

Young Beckham was again hard worker with heart. Fan favorite and SAF complimented on his hard work and attitude.

And Giggs got abused? It's reaching. Him being inconsisent and some people moaned doesn't stop his name being sung during games in those years. Martial doesn't do enough to even get his chant started most of the time in comparison...

You don't have short memories, but it's filled with delusions.

ti vu

Even Ronaldo was stuck on the wing for most of his few first seasons for us. And Ronaldo mindset from Portuguese, Latin background meant that he tried to overshadow everyone on the pitch thus doing every kind of tricks, overplaying. Think of Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho... Ronaldo ain't as good in some aspects to develop that style. He changed with more developed football understanding and the rest was history.

Workrate, the desire to attack, running at goal was never an issue. The guy is always active. Even so called bad games back then can be considered very good in comparison to that we're being served

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
If I was Ole i would bring him into the office, show him what all those players had won by that age, then ask him if he thinks he's still as good?

And then get Phelan to crack him over the head with a piece of 2x4 and knock some sense into his deluded little mind.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Get the money while we can. His attitude stinks really. Hasn't done anything since the new contract.

SAFMUTD

We have to offload so many underachieving players this summer that I don't think he will be on the priority list, but we should get rid of him as soon as we can. He is on stupid wages and his attitude represents the worst of our squad. He barelely tries, he doesn't give a damn about the team and yet he is one of the best paid players in the team, keeping him is just sending the wrong signal to other players, specially the young ones.

Prodigy24

What happened to Martial FC? Seems like everyone is against him now. Done nothing since signing that contract and couldn't look less arsed about it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Mourinho right again it seems. I didn’t believe it at the time, that we’d try to sell our better players but it seems there are so many talented players with a shite attitude these days..

Sterling Archer

Mourinho right again it seems. I didn’t believe it at the time, that we’d try to sell our better players but it seems there are so many talented players with a shite attitude these days..
Also raises the question, who sanctioned those contract renewals after all...well not a question, I think it proves that Ed bloody Woodward is in fact the powerful idiot making the decisions

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd be more annoyed with him but given our right back, right wing, center back and center mid situation... I just can't be arsed. He might not fulfill his potential but our left wing situation is just nowhere close to a priority right now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: that picture. The other 3 never ever had questions about their work ethic. That's why they were actually seen as good aside from a goal tally. That's what made them useful the rest of the time. Put that on an Insta pic.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I wonder how Ole is handling him? Different personalities require different handling. Ole seems obsessed with running around and not technical players. I still would give him another season. Seems like people want rid of the few creative players for the boring as feck ones like Young.

If the stories are true that he screamed at Martial after the Barcelona game whilst fecking Young got away with his nonsense for the first goal, then I would be upset as well. Ole would seem bias to me. Why not scream at all the players who fecked up? Why does he only have strength for Martial? Why not also include those who are making horrendous mistakes?

I don't have a problem him giving Martial hell, but at least be fair about it. Rash gets away with shit selfish behaviour on the pitch but he doesn't go after him as well.

The whole thing is disappointing as feck.

haram

So he's better than Giggs and Beckham. Here you have it all I guess.
Goal to game ratio... he's better than Ronaldo as well. Someone compare him to Messi I bet we'll find that Martial is the greatest player of all time.

haram

I wonder how Ole is handling him? Different personalities require different handling. Ole seems obsessed with running around and not technical players. I still would give him another season. Seems like people want rid of the few creative players for the boring as feck ones like Young.

If the stories are true that he screamed at Martial after the Barcelona game whilst fecking Young got away with his nonsense for the first goal, then I would be upset as well. Ole would seem bias to me. Why not scream at all the players who fecked up? Why does he only have strength for Martial? Why not also include those who are making horrendous mistakes?

I don't have a problem him giving Martial hell, but at least be fair about it. Rash gets away with shit selfish behaviour on the pitch but he doesn't go after him as well.

The whole thing is disappointing as feck.
No one wants Young playing either. In terms of how he treats the other players, we don't actually know what he is saying behind the scenes.

Jazz

:lol: that picture. The other 3 never ever had questions about their work ethic. That's why they were actually seen as good aside from a goal tally. Put that on an Insta pic.
Why all of a sudden we're hearing lack of work ethic? He's never ran around like a headless chicken, but not even strict LVG ever complained about him slacking off in training. /i suspect there is something else going on behind the scenes and it's not so black and white.

Jazz

No one wants Young playing either. In terms of how he treats the other players, we don't actually know what he is saying behind the scenes.
We're going by the reports that we're hearing/reading about. He never fecking seems to have a bad word for people like Young etc, and certainly not Rash who's been horrendous and selfish on the pitch. Why is Rash still taking free kicks for example? it's like he's punishing one for whatever reason but English./academy Rash can get away with whatever the feck he wants. I don't trust what's going on when there is clear bias being shown towards certain players. If you're biased you create resentment in a group.

Anyway, whatever the feck. Don't care anymore.

haram

We're going by the reports that we're hearing/reading about. He never fecking seems to have a bad word for people like Young etc, and certainly not Rash who's been horrendous and selfish on the pitch. Why is Rash still taking free kicks for example? it's like he's punishing one for whatever reason but English./academy Rash can get away with whatever the feck he wants. I don't trust what's going on when there is clear bias being shown towards certain players. If you're biased you create resentment in a group.

Anyway, whatever the feck. Don't care anymore.
Martial doesn't work hard. It's pretty simple.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why all of a sudden we're hearing lack of work ethic? He's never ran around like a headless chicken, but not even strict LVG ever complained about him slacking off in training. /i suspect there is something else going on behind the scenes and it's not so black and white.
He'a always been the same other than the first season. Not applying himself to games, not making runs etc. For a long while anyone who dared say it got overly aggressive replies and a goal stat thrown at them. A very strange time. Now everyone has realised. It's certainly nothing new. It's all well and good looking good for a moment every now and then, but it doesn't help us play better in general throughout games.

varga92

Not a good look coming out with this.
Not even the same position and role ffs. And that was a long time ago. Who did that comparison clearly doesn't understand football. I really hope it was not ordered by Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.