2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

BorisManUtd

Injuries really ruined him. Don't think he'll be here beyond this season and expect him to be another player to leave for free.

ti vu

Not a footballer. Weghorst was more effective. And he was dreadful.
Not this again. Weghorst is all heart and effort, but he's worse. There is a reason Burnley rather cut their losses and sold him than even using him as back up. When you use shite standard to compare players then you still receive shite outcome because the better player, which Martial is, is dreadful.

What was that one moment this season when he looked like a decent player? It was weird, like we suddenly had old Martial back for a couple seconds.
He was very good in his cameo against Bayern. Just as always, you never know which performance he would turn in. That goes back to he's less injury prone.

ti vu

What’s going on in the youth that we can’t find someone to give his minutes to?

There’s no need to even comment on his performances anymore. We know his effort and level, but how is he still getting minutes?
Hojlund can be counted as young player. Our supposed super talented natural striker got into troubled and exiled to Spain to rebuild his career. In a functional squad, a young striker like Hojlund should either have an experienced starter ahead of him, or an experienced reliable back up. Here we have Martial. He's quite old enough in career experience, but he's never the experience in his game. Never know which kind of performance he would serve. And the good performance is rarer with his declining fitness,

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jog, jog, jog.

I hate seeing him play for us.

Dearg hÉireann

Total waste of a squad place. You always know what he'll give you and it's generally a half arsed effort without end product so yeah a waste of space.

GazTheLegend

Total waste of a squad place. You always know what he'll give you and it's generally a half arsed effort without end product so yeah a waste of space.
Yup. I mean like ... Every loan we sent him on was an absolute disaster as far as Martial is concerned. Him being our backup no9 just wouldn't happen at any other club with title ambitions. That's how far we have fallen. Spunking massive wages on a player who never made much of an effort even at his peak, who knows he's never going to get near a club like Man Utd ever again, and is just seeing out his contract until the end.

Devil81

Does his contract expire in the summer?

I doubt we will be extending his deal by another 12 month.

Fulham 0:1 Man Utd

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Was just watching the aftermath of the goal. Does the guy even like football? The entire team goes nuts and he nonchalantly strolls to the net and then over to huddle. Peculiar man.

MiceOnMeth

Feels like he retired mentally from football sometime around covid lockdown. Just going through the motions now while collecting his 200k paycheck.

Bobski

It is a true pity as in terms of technique he has everything we need in a striker.

dirkey

Said it a few years ago that I never wanted to see this mope in a united shirt again, and that certainly hasn't changed. He's a drip.

I don't watch the reserves, but surely we have some young forward who'd offer more than this travesty?

redzombie

Feels like he retired mentally from football sometime around covid lockdown. Just going through the motions now while collecting his 200k paycheck.
yeah, he's checked out. couldn't even be bothered to close anyone down in the few mins he had on the pitch.

Man Utd 1:0 Luton Town

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
What is the point of him? Offers absolutely nothing when coming off the bench. Surely there must be a striker in the youth teams that would be as suitable option to bring on?

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
As a Martial fanboy, it's depressing to see what he's become. I always overlooked his demeanor, feeling like he's not the expressive type, but it's hard not think it told more about him, a possible red flag. He doesn't like football this lad. He should be busting his guts to at least earn a new contract, but he doesn't seem to care to even do that.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
As a Martial fanboy, it's depressing to see what he's become. I always overlooked his demeanor, feeling like he's not the expressive type, but it's hard not think it told more about him, a possible red flag. He doesn't like football this lad. He should be busting his guts to at least earn a new contract but he doesn't seem to care to even do that.
I think he's mentally checked out

zaafi

Need to get rid. He is just a pointless player at the moment, and has been for some time. Watch him get sold to Marseille or back to Monaco, magically be among the most available players in the world and absolutely tear it up. That would be our kind of luck :lol:

Irwin99

It looks pretty obvious (or at least I hope it's pretty obvious :nervous:) that the club won't renew his contract and this is his final year. Don't think he's going to reach that 100 goals tally for United (he's on 89)

He was such an exciting player in his first season. He had a much better start than Hojlund has and looked one of the most clinical finishers i'd ever seen for a kid that age.

UnitedRepublic

Clearly he knows he is second choice and there are no plans to play him together with Højlund he’s been getting 10 minutes here and there and been starting with the B team in the league cup.

Mentaly he’s propbably going through it because of his contract is up the euros are coming up and he’s not even a starter anymore after he’s gotten over his injuries.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Need to get rid. He is just a pointless player at the moment, and has been for some time. Watch him get sold to Marseille or back to Monaco, magically be among the most available players in the world and absolutely tear it up. That would be our kind of luck :lol:
I never understood why it matters what he may do for another team when he leaves. The fact is he's been utterly invisible here for years and offers nothing to the team. That's all we need to know. Matters not a jot if he does well elsewhere he's crap here.

Should have sold him years ago

TempusFugit

Time to show his future employers he's still got it, he won't get a better opportunity. It's always just an issue of motivation with him, because he's not an average player. I don't think he actually likes football that much. Probably one of those pros who see it as a high paying job and nothing else.

UpWithRivers

Ironically he's the one that has stayed fit when everyone else around him is dropping like flies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ironically he's the one that has stayed fit when everyone else around him is dropping like flies.
Was just thinking this - this must be the longest he's stayed fit in ages?... Though not playing any football (even when you're actually on the pitch) will help with that