2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

jem

I've always had a weird fondness for Martial (probably due to his early days with us,) but enough is enough. He ticks too many negative boxes (bad attitude, injury prone, not prolific, etc.) He needs to be jettisoned as soon as possible.

Red_toad

I've always had a weird fondness for Martial (probably due to his early days with us,) but enough is enough. He ticks too many negative boxes (bad attitude, injury prone, not prolific, etc.) He needs to be jettisoned as soon as possible.
Can't see him playing again this season, his dissent was very public on the pitch, Maybe Hugill just earned himself a slot on the bench through Martial's actions?

UnitedRepublic

No activity here after the Everton game but straight away when the team plays so bad and can’t get out of our own half everyone is here like a striker would of made a difference in that game.

united for life

No activity here after the Everton game but straight away when the team plays so bad and can’t get out of our own half everyone is here like a striker would of made a difference in that game.
fair point. However, over the years, Martial has built a reputation of being a lazy player who lacks what is needed to lead our front line. That’s why no one gets excited with a good performance every 14 years.

GueRed

I can't wait till he's off the books at United. I've been waiting since 2018. I had enough of him long ago. I hate having to watch him saunter around the pitch looking like he doesn't give a feck.

For me it's a massive red flag when a player doesn't put a shift in for the team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saw some quote that the club are looking to take up a year option on Martial (and others like Wan Bissaka, Lindelof etc).

Surely we're not still doing this mad protect the value nonsense.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Saw some quote that the club are looking to take up a year option on Martial (and others like Wan Bissaka, Lindelof etc).

Makes sense with Wan Bissaka and Lindelof but given how undeservedly high Martial's wages are, I'm confident we'll see another De Gea situation where we don't take up the further year.

Red00012

It’s fake news

Redcy

Can't see him playing again this season, his dissent was very public on the pitch, Maybe Hugill just earned himself a slot on the bench through Martial's actions?
will be playing up front today, heard it on the grapevine. Looking forward to him having a great game. You never know.

Marwood

100% I'd rather have Hugill on the pitch. To play Martial at any stage of a game would be pointless in several ways.

At least with Hugill you know you're going to get some enthusiasm, some determination.

Redcy

100% I'd rather have Hugill on the pitch. To play Martial at any stage of a game would be pointless in several ways.

At least with Hugill you know you're going to get some enthusiasm, some determination.
playing today

Raven

I'm a big fan of Martial but his last game was a disgrace, himself and Rashford let themselves down massively. If he starts today I want to see a lot more effort out of him.

Redcy

I'm a big fan of Martial but his last game was a disgrace, himself and Rashford let themselves down massively. If he starts today I want to see a lot more effort out of him.
well he’s just really tired, all that game time is killing him

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial's millionth second chance. :rolleyes: C'mon lad. Make me look a tool. Score a hat trick.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Don’t see the issue with him starting. Hard working team with him up top. Hojlund hasn’t even scored yet in the league.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Needs to put some fecking effort in after his last performance.

Rockets Redglare

Unacceptable. Win, lose or draw. Completely unacceptable.

This total lack of bravery and conviction in decision making is why we fail to move forward as a club.
Right so would you just play Hojlund every single week at 20 and with no one to rotate him with?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Were people really not expecting Martial to start? We need to rotate over the Christmas fixture pile-up, he's the only other striker in the squad and with Bayern and Liverpool up next this is the best opportunity to give Hojlund a rest. Seemed fairly obvious he was likely to play today.

FrantikChicken

Were people really not expecting Martial to start? We need to rotate over the Christmas fixture pile-up, he's the only other striker in the squad and with Bayern and Liverpool up next this is the best opportunity to give Hojlund a rest. Seemed fairly obvious he was likely to play today.
Seriously! Hojlund also has a back issue which still needs to be managed. If there’s one game we can hopefully get away with not needing him, it’s this one.

the complete lack of thinking by some of the posts here is baffling :houllier:

Josep Dowling

Unacceptable. Win, lose or draw. Completely unacceptable.

This total lack of bravery and conviction in decision making is why we fail to move forward as a club.
Completely agree. His failed loan spell at Sevilla should have been the end for him at the club. I don’t see the point in continually using players that aren’t good enough.

Josep Dowling

Who should play as the CF then? Hojlund all season?
My point is he shouldn’t even be an option this season. He should have been sold at least 2/3 years ago and we should have more than 2 CF to chose from, especially when our two options is a failure and a kid. We’re meant to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Couldn’t they sign someone like Olly Watkins.

TheReligion

Abusive
My point is he shouldn’t even be an option this season. He should have been sold at least 2/3 years and we should have more than 2 CF to chose from, especially when our two options is a failure and a kid. We’re meant to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. Couldn’t they sign someone like Olly Watkins.
We have what we have though.

That’s the fault of the Glazers and ownership. Ten Hag can only use the hand he has.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyway if Martial carries on as he did v Newcastle he’ll be hooked and OT will destroy him.
Agreed, I feel the OT crowd’s patience is wearing thin for anyone not leaving everything on the pitch.