Antisemitism & Islamophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

I have no idea what "neoliberalism" is but it seems to me like a euphemism for "I did not know" so I get angry about it.

The very nature of a free market and liberalism is that even in times of crisis, you, as a normal citizen, can make the best of it. Want a couple of examples?

1) During the Pandemic you were smart enough to understand that companies selling disinfectants we going to make a lot of money, in the West, you had the freedom to buy stocks to these companies;

2) during the times of war, same thing, you understand more munition was needed; you can buy companies that do that.

Point is, in an open market any and all people can get a piece of the pie. If you or I can not be bothered to learn or try, then ok. Capitalism gives opportunities, not guaranties.
Then perhaps thats a you problem?

jackal&hyde

Then perhaps thats a you problem?
Then explain it to me so I no longer have this problem.

EDIT: I have an idea what it means, so I gave 2 examples of how an every day Joe can make use of capitalism.

Kaos

Then explain it to me so I no longer have this problem.

EDIT: I have an idea what it means, so I gave 2 examples of how an every day Joe can make use of capitalism.
There's plenty of sources you can leverage to educate yourself on it, otherwise you must have been living under a rock considering its the doctrine that's dominated post cold-war governance in the West.

jackal&hyde

There's plenty of sources you can leverage to educate yourself on it, otherwise you must have been living under a rock considering its the doctrine that's dominated post cold-war governance in the West.
Explain to me in your own words then. Who knows on what websites I might end up to and be taken to a false narrative. You explain it or at least you give me the sources that you consider valid.

Kaos

Explain to me in your own words then. Who knows on what websites I might end up to and be taken to a false narrative. You explain it or at least you give me the sources that you consider valid.
Its not something that has a conclusive succinct definition, but its essentially economic liberalism focusing on a few facets, notably - privatisation, deregulation, austerity and corpotocracy. Its these facets that have led to various adverse effects in global societies, namely economic inequality, lack of job security, monopolisations and breakdown of key services. That's a very basic, (and somewhat subjective) take on it perhaps lacking in nuance, but I don't have the time and energy to produce a college paper on it. I'd suggest reading up on it and then connecting the dots to see why its perhaps culpable (along with media manipulation) in the rise of the far-right instead of blaming it on pronouns, Muslims or whatever constitutes 'the left'.

jackal&hyde

Its not something that has a conclusive succinct definition, but its essentially economic liberalism focusing on a few facets, notably - privatisation, deregulation, austerity and corpotocracy. Its these facets that have led to various adverse effects in global societies, namely economic inequality, lack of job security, monopolisations and breakdown of key services. That's a very basic, (and somewhat subjective) take on it perhaps lacking in nuance, but I don't have the time and energy to produce a college paper on it. I'd suggest reading up on it and then connecting the dots to see why its perhaps culpable (along with media manipulation) in the rise of the far-right instead of blaming it on pronouns, Muslims or whatever constitutes 'the left'.
Thank you for taking the time to actually write what others do not.

From what you say, it's much more complex then a few sentences on a forum. I will so insist you give me a starting point of education on the matter. Reason being that I can understand some of the points there, but not the connection. So could you please point me to a direction that connects them?

Kaos

Thank you for taking the time to actually write what others do not.

From what you say, it's much more complex then a few sentences on a forum. I will so insist you give me a starting point of education on the matter. Reason being that I can understand some of the points there, but not the connection. So could you please point me to a direction that connects them?
https://therealnews.com/noam-chomsky-neoliberalism-and-the-roots-of-fascism

Worth a read if you have the time. And yes I'd read the transcripts, not listen to the interview itself. Chomsky is an incredibly boring and unengaging speaker, but that shouldn't discredit his otherwise meticulous points.

jackal&hyde

https://therealnews.com/noam-chomsky-neoliberalism-and-the-roots-of-fascism

Worth a read if you have the time. And yes I'd read the transcripts, not listen to the interview itself. Chomsky is an incredibly boring and unengaging speaker, but that shouldn't discredit his otherwise meticulous points.
Thank you!

I am a big fan of Mr Chomsky myself. Problem is, is still an opinion thing rather then any verifiable fact. Is little else then an opinion that is still devoid of, for the most part, practical examples that can be generalized and proven for today.

Not to insist on it but I just gave two examples of how the average Joe can still profit from the events that be. If I can see this, then so can many. I think it's much easier to see opportunities then to understand complex philosophy.

Do you know why Jews are on average better of then most by population number at business? Because they have a super high level of valuing education. Do you know why 1.6bilion etc muslims are not even close to the Nobel price? Because the focus of education is different.

Do you know why Jews are so high of the top scale of science? Because they are but Jews by name; most are non religious. When you combine a very high respect for education with a non religious view, you get a lot of smart people and ideas.

Kaos

Thank you!

I am a big fan of Mr Chomsky myself. Problem is, is still an opinion thing rather then any verifiable fact. Is little else then an opinion that is still devoid of, for the most part, practical examples that can be generalized and proven for today.

Not to insist on it but I just gave two examples of how the average Joe can still profit from the events that be. If I can see this, then so can many. I think it's much easier to see opportunities then to understand complex philosophy.

Do you know why Jews are on average better of then most by population number at business? Because they have a super high level of valuing education. Do you know why 1.6bilion etc muslims are not even close to the Nobel price? Because the focus of education is different.

Do you know why Jews are so high of the top scale of science? Because they are but Jews by name; most are non religious. When you combine a very high respect for education with a non religious view, you get a lot of smart people and ideas.
Trouble is you're not going to get a truly objective take on it, I just shared mine, but I'm confident enough in my convictions to justify it.

Plenty of Muslims have won various Nobel Prizes btw, but I think using that as a benchmark to ascertain the educational acumen of almost 2 billion people of various educational, class and philosophical creeds is a flawed one at best.

Siorac

The right wing/ conservatives is not irrational by definition. The far wright is. Do not mix the two. A republican is not the same thing as a trumpist no more then a leftist is a social justice warrior. Both sides developed an extreme version; the right did it long ago, the left more recently. Both extremes are defined in the same way: a complete inability to accept different opinions and the judgment of those that have different opinions as broken/ evil/ etc.
My point is that no matter what the left does, the right will win elections. It always has. This idea that if only leftists stopped talking about pronouns, the right would never win an election is fanciful at best.

jackal&hyde

My point is that no matter what the left does, the right will win elections. It always has. This idea that if only leftists stopped talking about pronouns, the right would never win an election is fanciful at best.
The moderates literally made a black man president in the US. Twice. If the moderates are now turn to something is not that more racist have come from the ground, it's because the left went to shit.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
The moderates literally made a black man president in the US. Twice. If the moderates are now turn to something is not that more racist have come from the ground, it's because the left went to shit.
Do you consider Ds left?

jackal&hyde

Then all US presidents had been chosen by moderates and right. So left never went to shit because had never been there in US in significant numbers
Are you trying to win the most stupid in ever? Or are you having a question?

jackal&hyde

Then all US presidents had been chosen by moderates and right. So left never went to shit because had never been there in US in significant numbers
I can not even pretend to understand that. That point is the "us" is not a unified solution for the next 90 years.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Kind of random that the minister for economic affairs and climate action is making this declaration. Or I guess not really if you actually know this government.

Superden

The comments from senior govt ministers and MPs against the March next Saturday are dripping with Islamaphobia and dog whistles.. no wonder even moderate muslims are beginning to think feck it..

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Trouble is you're not going to get a truly objective take on it, I just shared mine, but I'm confident enough in my convictions to justify it.

Plenty of Muslims have won various Nobel Prizes btw, but I think using that as a benchmark to ascertain the educational acumen of almost 2 billion people of various educational, class and philosophical creeds is a flawed one at best.
I love how white people use the Nobel Prize, an award started in 1901, to discredit Muslims as dumb people because they haven't won it often. Let's judge religions and cultures thousands of years old over just the last 100 years.

A lot of the Jewish scientists who won the Nobel Prize were standing on the shoulders of Muslim scientists of the past, who were standing on shoulders of scientists and philosophers from previous civilizations.

gfactor86

The comments from senior govt ministers and MPs against the March next Saturday are dripping with Islamaphobia and dog whistles.. no wonder even moderate muslims are beginning to think feck it..
I think they are very wary that a hate march of this scale could inflame tensions. I don't really understand why they need to rally on the weekend that British people mourn and commemorate fallen heroes.

gfactor86

I love how white people use the Nobel Prize, an award started in 1901, to discredit Muslims as dumb people because they haven't won it often. Let's judge religions and cultures thousands of years old over just the last 100 years.

A lot of the Jewish scientists who won the Nobel Prize were standing on the shoulders of Muslim scientists of the past, who were standing on shoulders of scientists and philosophers from previous civilizations.
they gave one to Arafat. Just for turning up a Camp David and rejecting every offer put to him.

Kaos

I think they are very wary that a hate march of this scale could inflame tensions. I don't really understand why they need to rally on the weekend that British people mourn and commemorate fallen heroes.
It's not a hate march, stop being disingenuous.

gfactor86

It's not a hate march, stop being disingenuous.
So, if Hezbollah started bombing Israel with massive loss of life to Israelis and then started reclaiming land in the North.
Do you think people would be marching for a ceasefire?

of course not. Wake up

gfactor86

Do you see placards calling for a 2- state solution?

placards pleading with Hamas to release the hostages?

no you won't see this. Because really they just want intifada and 1 state for the Palestinians.

Kaos

So, if Hezbollah started bombing Israel with massive loss of life to Israelis and then started reclaiming land in the North.
Do you think people would be marching for a ceasefire?

of course not. Wake up
It's a silly point considering Hezbollah are not an ally to the UK, and the UK would endorse any sanction or swift action to punish them for that. You're also forgetting this 'hate march' will also constitute thousands of Jewish protestors marching to call for a ceasefire too, just as they did in the last march. Just as they did when they took over New York central station.

But you know what I don't fancy getting banned, so I have no intention to discuss this with someone who has no intention to debate in good faith.

gfactor86

It's a silly point considering Hezbollah are not an ally to the UK, and the UK would endorse any sanction or swift action to punish them for that. You're also forgetting this 'hate march' will also constitute thousands of Jewish protestors marching to call for a ceasefire too, just as they did in the last march. Just as they did when they took over New York central station.

But you know what I don't fancy getting banned, so I have no intention to discuss this with someone who has no intention to debate in good faith.
I'm aware of the Jews marching in unison. It's ok to march as many will be appalled at Israel's response.

my point is there are pockets of these rallies which are calling for intifada and an uprising.

do not forget that at least 10,000 marched the day after 7th Oct. The most bloody day for Jewish people since the holocaust and before Israel had lifted a finger in retaliation.

these people were celebrating that atrocity.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
This is what I mean, Islamaphobia is an easy win for the right wing in this country. It’s a way to mask other forms of racism.

Superden

i got banned from the other thread*, and yet your allowed to spew this nonsense. tensions are being inflamed by right wing reactionary bigots, but that seems to be ok, again imagine the response if this was a pro israeli march and people called it a hate march, imagine the outcry if all the israeli events taking place in london over the last few weeks were criticised in this manner for being hateful in light of palestinian suffering.

*for posting quotes verbatim from israeli ministers and swapping the word palestinian for jew

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
This is what I mean, Islamaphobia is an easy win for the right wing in this country. It’s a way to mask other forms of racism.
100% to both of these posts.

Superden

I'm aware of the Jews marching in unison. It's ok to march as many will be appalled at Israel's response.

my point is there are pockets of these rallies which are calling for intifada and an uprising.

do not forget that at least 10,000 marched the day after 7th Oct. The most bloody day for Jewish people since the holocaust and before Israel had lifted a finger in retaliation.

these people were celebrating that atrocity.
An intifida and an uprising are perfectly legal as armed resistance to an illegal occupation, as long as they stay within the rules of war.

gfactor86

i got banned from the other thread*, and yet your allowed to spew this nonsense. tensions are being inflamed by right wing reactionary bigots, but that seems to be ok, again imagine the response if this was a pro israeli march and people called it a hate march, imagine the outcry if all the israeli events taking place in london over the last few weeks were criticised in this manner for being hateful in light of palestinian suffering.

*for posting quotes verbatim from israeli ministers and swapping the word palestinian for jew
so you don't think people on these marches spew hate?

I would consider joining the rally myself with a banner saying "2 state solution for Palestine and Israel", "Hamas release the hostages" or "Free Palestine from Hamas".

but if I did, I'd be lynched.

Superden

so you don't think people on these marches spew hate?

I would consider joining the rally myself with a banner saying "2 state solution for Palestine and Israel", "Hamas release the hostages" or "Free Palestine from Hamas".

but if I did, I'd be lynched.
people are protesting against a genocide, the idea that it cant be criticised because that would be hateful is absurd. its also morally abhorrent because it enables the slaughter to continue...

Status
Not open for further replies.