Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If he indeed signs in a week time, the muppets will have a very very unsatisfying premature ejaculation.

It's like bagging the hottest chick in town only to burst out after 1 minute
I'd be pretty happy it's done with before it really gets going/gets tedious.

Then we can muppet about all the other players we're gonna sign.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Scores a feck load of goals. Probably the best in the world at movement off the ball and getting into channels. One of the best finishers around. IMO the best player in the world outside of Madrid and Barca.
Best description of him you can give really, sums him up.

gr3yham3

Immediately after the 2016 Euros, Manchester United were linked with Antoine Griezmann.

I couldn't believe it. First Pogba, and then Griezmann! My pulse quickened as I imagined this happening. This was the stuff of dreams. I contemplated lowering my zipper and sneaking one off while on the train, but no! I would wait until I was home and my girlfriend asleep or perhaps to wait when this tranfer happened.

I'm glad I waited as time has given me a clearer perspective. Almost a year after that rumour started, my excitement is gone. Like the morning after a wet dream, I want to recreate that feeling of euphoria but it is permanently lost. I've moved on. Then it was Griezmann, but now, right now and finally, Lacazette is the only one for me.

Lacazette is cut from the same cloth as the top strikers at the top European clubs. His profile is somewhere in the class of Lewandowski, Benzema and Louis Saha. Yes - you read that right. But I will come back to this.

These group of strikers are first and foremost "number 9s". They score goals. May I point out that the debate on wether Griezmann is a striker in the hole or a wide forward is not one that Manchester United can afford the time to find out.
When the new season kicks off, we want to have round pegs in round holes. See the debate on wether Pogba is a number 10 or 8, or if he can play in a 2-man midfield.

Quite frankly, I believe Manchester United should tailor their recruitment to their actual footballing needs - goals, and should avoid signing a posterboy for marketing.

For those who dont know, Lacazette has scored 31 league goals this season compared to 17 from Griezmann, and in less appearances too. Even concerning is that Griezmann rarely scores more than 1 goal a game. Do Manchester United really want to play out more 1-1 or 1-0 results?

Considering that Lacazette is a year younger and valued somewhere around the £45 million mark, while Griezmann would cost £80 million, signing Lacazette is a no brainer.

Remember United's last number 9 of Guadeloupian origin? Louis Saha. There is a similarity in his style that Lacazette has. The ability to play in a packed box, hold-up play, tidy dribbles, Power and simple layoffs - some of these qualities are the main staples of the likes of Lewandoski and Benzema.

I fervently hope that we avoid what I believe is a mistake by signing Griezmann instead of Lacazette. Our club needs to go back to getting the best bang out of the same buck.

Signing Lacazette instead of Griezmann gives us a striker who fits better, the football style the club thrived on. Finally, of the players such as Bellotti, Griezmann and Lukaku, we've been linked to, Lacazette has the lowest price but the most league goals scored. Bargain or not?
While I would love to have more striker options, getting a striker like Lacazette will only serve to impede the progress of Rashford and Martial. Zlatan is probably the best choice at there in terms of quality and the time he will spend with us, that will allow the 2 young strikers to bloom in their own time. I am sure that Jose sees Rashford being our main striker in a year's time as he starts to fill out even more and glean more experience against top-level opponents. A strike partnership of Rashford and Griezmann will be something to behold once they get the required understanding.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
If he indeed signs in a week time, the muppets will have a very very unsatisfying premature ejaculation.

It's like bagging the hottest chick in town only to burst out after 1 minute
...But then marrying the chick and it turning out she's actually a really great wife, I hope.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I agree possibly the best attacking player outside Barca and Real at the moment. At the very least not any worse.

I'm surprised he spoke about his future like this, and even more surprised he spoke about United directly. I'm also not a fan of it since it is not very polite towards his current club.

M4YON

I agree possibly the best attacking player outside Barca and Real at the moment. At the very least not any worse.

I'm surprised he spoke about his future like this, and even more surprised he spoke about United directly. I'm also not a fan of it since it is not very polite towards his current club.
We could already be in advanced negotiations with Atletico if so its not as disrespectful.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
We could already be in advanced negotiations with Atletico if so its not as disrespectful.
Even if what he says is completely true I doubt Atletico would like him to speak about it before anything is confirmed. It doesn't help their position and he is still their player. Regardless it's not a big deal.

Interesting news! We'll see what happens! If he performs like he does in Arletico he'd be the best player in the PL imo.

Manny

Grammar Police

Yeah agree.

Should keep schtum until it is all signed and the season is over for both clubs.

M4YON

Even if what he says is completely true I doubt Atletico would like him to speak about it before anything is confirmed. It doesn't help their position and he is still their player. Regardless it's not a big deal.

Interesting news! We'll see what happens! If he performs like he does in Arletico he'd be the best player in the PL imo.
I agree.

It's all a litlle unusual the way he's gone about it but he has a release clause, if any club pays it then Atletico are powereless really and it is in Griezmann's hands.

Still i get your point its not a very dignified way of going about things.

djdhrubs

I agree.

It's all a litlle unusual the way he's gone about it but he has a release clause, if any club pays it then Atletico are powereless really and it is in Griezmann's hands.

Screw respect and dignity. Was Hazard dignified in how he went about his business prior to coming to Chelsea? Most players are mercs and in Griezmann's case he's even a United fan. If he joins us and spends many successful years with us, I couldn't give a monkeys how disrespectful he was to Atletico when he left.

Lentwood

This transfer is a little different to most transfers we will be involved in since there is a release clause and we are willing to pay it

In theory, we could have made a bid for a summer transfer at any point, had it accepted and been in direct contact with Griezmann ever since

I think this one just depends on us being able to convince him that we will back amongst Europe's elite sooner rather than later

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This year for him feels like Ronaldo's 2009 with us. He gave Atleti one more year to win the CL but they missed out again and now he's ready for a new challenge with the club he's been a fan of since childhood.

This would be especially true if we do win the EL.

SirAF

Ageist
Screw respect and dignity. Was Hazard dignified in how he went about his business prior to coming to Chelsea? Most players are mercs and in Griezmann's case he's even a United fan. If he joins us and spends many successful years with us, I couldn't give a monkeys how disrespectful he was to Atletico when he left.
This :devil:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think this also shows how much respect we still have in Europe.

They host is talking about us with real excitement, he doesn't give a crap he plays for Atletico no matter well they've done the last 4/5 years.

Once we get our foot back in the door again I can see us really thriving once again. Winning this Wednesday is so, so important.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I agree.

It's not always the case though, if Agreement have been met and there's only formality i dont think both clubs would mind.

He didn't explicitly says anything, just a hint.

What's disrespectful is if the club hasn't made contacts and the players comes out first.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I highly doubt he'll come here if we dont make the CL. If he joins, he can play behind the striker as I'd be willing to bet on Rashford and Martial to deliver next season if played in a no. 9 position

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
It's about time we started using our size and position to bully other clubs and get their players just like Bayern, Real and Barca does. No more gentleman behaviour - just get the best players.

A club like athletico can feck right off. They don't deserve a player like the Griz and they have no right keeping him in a cage thinking no one can approach him. I'm awfully tired of these long negotiations with us having to pull down our pants and lean forward when it should be the other way around.

A typical move by the big clubs would be tapping the player up and bid well below the clause and make sure the player misbehave in such a way that they possibly couldn't keep him. That interview is nothing less than I expected before the club moves in on him. He should already be gone in their minds, just like DDG is for us.

Stacks

It's about time we started using our size and position to bully other clubs and get their players just like Bayern, Real and Barca does. No more gentleman behaviour - just get the best players.

A club like athletico can feck right off. They don't deserve a player like the Griz and they have no right keeping him in a cage thinking no one can approach him. I'm awfully tired of these long negotiations with us having to pull down our pants and lean forward when it should be the other way around.

A typical move by the big clubs would be tapping the player up and bid well below the clause and make sure the player misbehave in such a way that they possibly couldn't keep him. That interview is nothing less than I expected before the club moves in on him. He should already be gone in their minds, just like DDG is for us.
Then perhaps we should finish above 6th and regularly play for the top competitons rather than scrapping past fodder in the Europa. It isn't glamerous

RedStarUnited

Then perhaps we should finish above 6th and regularly play for the top competitons rather than scrapping past fodder in the Europa. It isn't glamerous
It comes in stages. If you look at Madrid for example - They sent around 800m euros and 'only' had a league to show for it. But all that spending meant they were assembling a hell of a squad which is now paying dividends in the last 2/3 years.

Silverman

Diamond.
Herrera
Fabinho - Pogba
Silva
Griezmann - Rash/Martial​
Could work but we'd be lacking width unless Valencia and Shaw could provide that. Mata and Mkhitaryan could easily interchange with Silva tho so it would have its advantages.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
You better stick to digging up that 500k thread mate :lol:
Just think he's a bit wee. I suppose if we drop Martial we could fit him in, just think we're suckered for always buying the same position rather than what we need.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Scores a feck load of goals. Probably the best in the world at movement off the ball and getting into channels. One of the best finishers around. IMO the best player in the world outside of Madrid and Barca.
Watch people on here and other football forums (especially opposition fans) do a complete u-turn on this and label him 'overrated' if he signs for us. We've seen this with Pogba last summer. I can already see Glaston claiming Harry Kane to be a better player than him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's off then.

Very contradictory in saying he wants titles but then says he's happy to go to USA or China as its part of the "trend".

He clearly wants money too. We can help with that.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Can't wait for us to start tracking planes again...that's my favorite part.

Status
Not open for further replies.