Antoine Griezmann

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Cause another #10 is what we are lacking.

Obviously BS links anyway so nothing to see.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Whilst the story may be made up, this is the sort of signing we typically make to shoot ourselves in the foot. We’ve done it time and time again.

CM

There are understandable questions regarding fee, wages, age, etc. but on current form he would be without a doubt and by a fair margin your best player.
We all know that isn't how it works though. We'd also be shoehorning him into an already dysfunctional setup, at a club where a sizeable portion of the signings haven't managed to reproduce their best football. It's the perfect storm for a terrible transfer!

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Have you watched him recently? He's absolutely superb!
Honestly since the World Cup he's at his best ever, in my opinion. Before his Barça departure I honestly thought he was hella overrated, but he turned into an excellent midfielder/hole player type in the autumn of his career.

Baxquux

Bruno frustrates me as much as anyone, but his xg chance creation and actual numbers (across united career) are generally very good for a no.10, even though he plays in this outfit. I still think there's a bias towards players in properly coached sides rather than someone like Bruno who's having to try and conjure things out from nowhere all the time, (and yes, indulging his worst instincts at the same time when it comes to trying worldie balls, forcing the issue).

Griezmann looked a shadow of himself at Barca when he didn't have a team set up with him as the hub; he's good with France but then again, he has Mbappe distracting the opposition, a generally very coherent midfield, the likes of Giroud doing yeoman's work off the ball as well as holding up and playing 1-2-1s with him. As I say, he'd probably be a good short term deal under the right circumstances, but there's a danger that people invest too many hopes in what he can magically conjure as a signing, like several signings before, when things are only going to starting get better through a combination of ten hag ironing out some of his own flaws/blind-spots and at least 3 positive changes in personnel...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bruno frustrates me as much as anyone, but his xg chance creation and actual numbers (across united career) are generally very good for a no.10, even though he plays in this outfit. I still think there's a bias towards players in properly coached sides rather than someone like Bruno who's having to try and conjure things out from nowhere all the time, (and yes, indulging his worst instincts at the same time when it comes to trying worldie balls, forcing the issue).

Griezmann looked a shadow of himself at Barca when he didn't have a team set up with him as the hub; he's good with France but then again, he has Mbappe distracting the opposition, a generally very coherent midfield, the likes of Giroud doing yeoman's work off the ball as well as holding up and playing 1-2-1s with him. As I say, he'd probably be a good short term deal under the right circumstances, but there's a danger that people invest too many hopes in what he can magically conjure as a signing, like several signings before, when things are only going to starting get better through a combination of ten hag ironing out some of his own flaws/blind-spots and at least 3 positive changes in personnel...
He is the coherent midfield.

Dannn411

Would be just like United of the last decade to make this signing too after getting burnt by just about every big name old timer they've signed in the last 10 years. However, I strongly doubt this is happening and I personally hope it never happens.

KD6-3.7

I would have loved to have seen Griezmann as a United player, that Barcelona transfer really ruined his reputation but he seems like he is back to his best at Atletico.

But please no, can we please sign players around that 22-27 year old range.

NZT-One

A player easing a bit of the pressure off of Hojlund wouldn't be the worst idea. But I think, it should be a striker who is a bit more close to Hojlund stylewise. Probably nothing in it but for the right price, I wouldn't be totally against it. He is a good striker, for France he worked his socks off and he is still a good finisher. But yeah, really depends on price and wages and I agree with the majority, way too likely that he'd cost unreasonable amounts.

Wilt

He’s only 32, should be good for at least another 6 months

Oranges038

Nonsense story.

But he's a class player, just at the wrong end of his career to be worth signing.

Should have signed him about 15 years ago. It was obvious then that he had huge potential.

3KDré

Be a good barometer for the Sir Jim era if we signed him.

redshaw

Most likely false. I could only see it working if wants a change before he retires and would be on reasonable wages, it would seem he's best off staying there.

By the time Jan rolls around we could be on deaths door or looking ok.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Never really cared for him. Just not my type of player - even in his prime. Too weak on the ball.

Jordi Cruyff 99

Sensational footballer. Still so weirdly underrated, but no way this happens.
Jesus Christ, sensational? I wouldn't refer to him as a sensation. He's been a very good player and will be remembered as one when looked back on, but sensational is a laughable appraisal!

wr8_utd

:'(
The man doesn't rely on pace, has exceptional passing and finishing, has been the Top 3 best players in the world over the last 12 months and IF he was actually available at 25m, it would be a crazy transfer. There's no chance he's going to leave Atleti at this point, you'd feel, so not really worth discussing but he'd immediately be our best attacker, even at the graveyard for attackers that is our club.

A lot of views I'm reading on here are clearly from people who have not watched him at all outside of the WC over the last year. He is sensational right now.

stepic

Isn’t there a rule about not posting threads based on bullshit rumours?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The man doesn't rely on pace, has exceptional passing and finishing, has been the Top 3 best players in the world over the last 12 months and IF he was actually available at 25m, it would be a crazy transfer. There's no chance he's going to leave Atleti at this point, you'd feel, so not really worth discussing but he'd immediately be our best attacker, even at the graveyard for attackers that is our club.

A lot of views I'm reading on here are clearly from people who have not watched him at all outside of the WC over the last year. He is sensational right now.
Fully agree.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

No, we get that he is amazing right now but whats the guarantee of him continuing that form? It would be a short term signing and given the wages he will get, I can't be so sure of signing another potential Casemiro.

Use that money to buy for the longer term. These kinds of signinings are made when you have a well oiled machine. Not when you're in your 11th rebuild.